2v to blame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lose... but show some passion

It seems our minds are elsewhere and the passion is gone. Yes we have Injuries so have other clubs, yes we played a team with an awesome pack so have the rest of the NRL teams and did not get flogged by South like we did 2nite, yes they out thought us, out enthused us yes, yes ,yes however we and only us outed us. I've seen Manly teams with more injuries play harder and tougher with more passion than we did tonight. I've said it before and will again. No one should escape the scrutiny including the coach.

bob dylan said:
C'mon mate, its not that bad.

They are bigger and stronger than us tonight.

We are seriously down on troops.

We have had a great season.

I love your angle, I know it's not complicated, but its the truth. What's the point of following a club, if you are going to kick them when they're down. We have a hefty injury toll, and are light on in the forwards as it is, with some pre-season retirements (fa'aoso and Galuvao). You can't win them all, and we finished 2nd on the ladder this year, and will turn up next week to go again.

Obviously lack of go forward from the props except for Lui who I thought was quite strong. It seems we have similar types of players in Symonds, JSL and Horo. All three are tall and lean and play wide like an extra centre and tonight were going sideways. If our front row is weak surely we would want stronger second rowers playing closer in and running from deeper starts to help the front rowers create momentum. Horo just wasn't involved enough and the other two need to put on 5kg and run straight more often. Watmough is directionally challenged and needs to retire.

joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

The body language is horrible, I've tried not too get to embroiled in all the innuendo surrounding the team, thinking their footy will do the talking come finals time. But there seems to be a major problem, we slant enter another game with things unresolved. Looks like some big and probably sad decisions will be made.

The players should be feeling pretty embarrassed after tonight, but it seems the character is gone from this batch of senior players and it may be time to start forging a new one.

Factions, jealousy and in maturity seems to have ... our season, I hope the guilty parties, feel exactly that, guilty.

what the f*#k is that?

You should feel immature for writing such dribble; we only lost a football game.

lsz said:
Poola said:
Sorry guys the players on the park are picked by the coach. We had no forward impact, yet we kept the same forward pack week in week out. Our winger was proven to struggle , 2v keeps him going. We are constantly in trouble out wide, however we keep jamming in. Our enthusiasm is shot and the same team gets rewarded. No repercussion for under performing. Sorry 2v you're the boss. Take some blame for your actions/ team choice.

Okay give me the changes you would make

Thought so

Snake said:
joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

The body language is horrible, I've tried not too get to embroiled in all the innuendo surrounding the team, thinking their footy will do the talking come finals time. But there seems to be a major problem, we slant enter another game with things unresolved. Looks like some big and probably sad decisions will be made.

The players should be feeling pretty embarrassed after tonight, but it seems the character is gone from this batch of senior players and it may be time to start forging a new one.

Factions, jealousy and in maturity seems to have ... our season, I hope the guilty parties, feel exactly that, guilty.

what the f*#k is that?

You should feel immature for writing such dribble; we only lost a football game.

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that not much of why I love this footy team was on display tonight, and the reasons fir it are far more than lacking the skill to win a "football game" as you so eloquently put it

What makes sport so special is the emotional investment. And you celebrate when they win and are upset at a loss, I can cop a loss, but I think we have bigger problems effecting our form than simply being outplayed.

joeboy said:
Snake said:
joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

what the f*#k is that?

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that not much of why I love this footy team was on display tonight, and the reasons fir it are far more than lacking the skill to win a "football game" as you so eloquently put it

What makes sport so special is the emotional investment. And you celebrate when they win and are upset at a loss, I can cop a loss, but I think we have bigger problems effecting our form than simply being outplayed.

you can be disappointed, but it certainly looked (even to the untrained eye) like Manly went out with the intensity and desire to win, but were caught short on cattle due to injury and the salary cap. We've been so successful for such a long time, and these back ended deals rendered us powerless to beef up our forward stocks in the pre-season. The result was some honest toilers, but not the calibre of premiership winning forwards we are used to.

Given how light on in the forwards we are as it is, we really needed Gifty, Buhrer, and Ballin in the side to be a chance. Turns out they were absent, and our pack got rolled as expected. I don't want to start heading down the path of telling supporters how to feel, or accusing them of not being "real" supporters, but just be proud of the fact you follow Manly, and remember the good times; you can't win them all.

Snake said:
joeboy said:
Snake said:
joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

what the f*#k is that?

you can be disappointed, but it certainly looked (even to the untrained eye) like Manly went out with the intensity and desire to win, but were caught short on cattle due to injury and the salary cap. We've been so successful for such a long time, and these back ended deals rendered us powerless to beef up our forward stocks in the pre-season. The result was some honest toilers, but not the calibre of premiership winning forwards we are used to.

Given how light on in the forwards we are as it is, we really needed Gifty, Buhrer, and Ballin in the side to be a chance. Turns out they were absent, and our pack got rolled as expected. I don't want to start heading down the path of telling supporters how to feel, or accusing them of not being "real" supporters, but just be proud of the fact you follow Manly, and remember the good times; you can't win them all.

I am the one who challenged someone on being "a real supporter " this was in response to 2V not being cut out to be a first grade coach. Everyone has a right to their opinion like ISIS for example but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade I rest my case

Red Pill said:
Snake said:
joeboy said:
Snake said:
joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

what the f*#k is that?

I am the one who challenged someone on being "a real supporter " this was in response to 2V not being cut out to be a first grade coach. Everyone has a right to their opinion like ISIS for example but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade I rest my case

I wasn't referring to you anyway. The ol' "real supporter" line is as old as the hills. People are entitled to grieve, and grieve they will after tonight. I just choose to support the club regardless of results. Toovey put his arse on the line for this club for years, and was one of the toughest to ever play the game, so I will be damned if I am going to doubt his effort as a coach.

We win as a team, and we lose as a team. So Tooves, the boys and the fans. We all lose tonight.

I personally would not have had Taufau in the team, and had Gutho or Blair start. I think he is shot confidence wise and isn't making his bullocking runs. And also I would have rotated in JSL a lot earlier.

However my coaching experience in the NRL is 0 games for 0 wins. I think Tooves has done an absolutely outstanding job to get us top 4, 3 years in a row.

But agree he is part of the loss.....along with everyone. Those who played well tonight, those who played poor. We all lost.

Killer03 said:
We win as a team, and we lose as a team. So Tooves, the boys and the fans. We all lose tonight.

I personally would not have had Taufau in the team, and had Gutho or Blair start. I think he is shot confidence wise and isn't making his bullocking runs. And also I would have rotated in JSL a lot earlier.

However my coaching experience in the NRL is 0 games for 0 wins. I think Tooves has done an absolutely outstanding job to get us top 4, 3 years in a row.

But agree he is part of the loss.....along with everyone. Those who played well tonight, those who played poor. We all lost.

As I said before - a couple of games you can point your fingers at players. 6 or 7 games then the coach is to blame. He's steering the ship and has had plenty of chance to correct it.

He needs a serious rocket from the management. If he can't correct it quick smart we need to look for someone who can.

Snake said:
The title of this thread makes me sick to the stomach. Have some respect.

Get yourself a bucket precious if it ain't fixed you'll have another season of this dribble.

Yep. We lost. It was not an upset but I believe we can still win the next 3 games. I was freaking out that we would be held to zero ... so I was proud with the mini comeback. We have the best backline in the comp...with the forwards we have some goers but Tooves will have to work some magic to get us there. I would love to have a few bangers like Richie coming off the bench - maybe next year.
I hope Mattie.B will be back soon . I was happy with Jayden - he tackled well and was sharp out of dummy half.
Dragon is running straight and we need that. It is tough. Jorge was annoying. We may have to play Cheyse.
We needed to see more JSL tonight.
Next week we will smash the storm 55-0.

love, Peter

Jerry1 said:
Snake said:

Get yourself a bucket precious if it ain't fixed you'll have another season of this dribble.

Come on man, blaming a club legend who captained us to premiership, and had his face rearranged in numerous grand finals, simply because we lost a semi-final against a raging hot opposition with a host of injuries against us, is pretty weak....to call me precious is ironic.

Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:

Come on man, blaming a club legend who captained us to premiership, and had his face rearranged in numerous grand finals, simply because we lost a semi-final against a raging hot opposition with a host of injuries against us, is pretty weak.

We'd all cop it if that was all - but look back at the last half dozen plus matches. Even at close to full strength we have been ****e,

3 things screwed us tonight

(1) The injury to Jayden, we lost direction and good ball from dummy half due to that. We were down to 16 for most of the game.Thoughts are with you Jayden hope everything works out for you.
(2) We went away from the game plan we were trying to take them on up the middle, were never gonna get on top of them. To beat them you need to have quick play the balls and take them on with some lateral movement and inside balls.
(3) Injuries cruelled us at the wrong time of the year.

Certainly not 2v's fault has a lot to think about next week if Jayden out.

I'm almost certain, no one here being critical of Toovs, really wants to be. I know I don't. It's hard though to ignore the fact that some players who have been consistently underperforming and continue to be picked in the side at the expense of others who should be given an opportunity.

Taufua has been average for most of the year, Hiku well below his best, yet we've had Blair and Gutho do alright.

Should have taken some chances long ago, but now it's finals...

Even so, wouldn't mind seeing Blair and Gutho on the wings next week and find a spot for JLJ.

Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:

Come on man, blaming a club legend who captained us to premiership, and had his face rearranged in numerous grand finals, simply because we lost a semi-final against a raging hot opposition with a host of injuries against us, is pretty weak.

We'd all cop it if that was all - but look back at the last half dozen plus matches. Even at close to full strength we have been ****e,

At full strength, we are still light on in the forwards. We overachieved this year in the preliminary rounds. Our pack is a bottom of the eight contender at best. The other teams lifted towards the end of the year, and we have struggled to go with them. Outside of Choc and Gifty (who was missing anyway), it's just not strong enough in comparison to Souths and the Roosters.

Lui, Sene-Lefao, Starling, Symonds, Horo, Hasson, and a 33 year old Jason King...you do the math.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4