3 sides stadium.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
I was at Suncorp last night for Panfers-Donkeys....for those that haven't been get up here on the 27th of May, world class and without a doubt the best ground in the world to wacth a game from.

that maybe but it's now a souless ground

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301746133[/time]

cf2 is back link said:
Seriously how badly do people need to eat heart attack fuelled junk food and sink multiple beers?

And what kind of footy fan knowingly chooses to miss half a match they've paid good money to see because they can't possibly do without it?

For god's sake the game is only 2 x 40 minute halves - if you have to eat crap and sink beers it's not hard to get there 20 mins before kick off - or wait until full time.

And if you're smarter still go to the Brookie Hotel and have a decent steak. I've been doing it for 20 years and never missed a single minute of over 200 home games.

Now the MWTS's might notice this but I sink as much piss as I can prior to the game and don't drink at the game. I call it the Suncorp Rule anyone that's been to a Suncorp game will notice if you get a beer it's cat piss I mean XXXX Gold. And usually have this rule at most games. I'll put my hand up and say yes I did break it at NZ (before JBB pipes up).

cf2 is back link said:
Sure ayjay get there 25 mins before the game and eat all the crap you like and you won't miss a tackle

But 1/2 time at the SFS,I had time for a loo break,get the kid food (no huge lines),take it back,then go get a beer (no huge lines),and was back before the 2nd half kick off.It's not what people eat or drink,its the BS time it takes to get it.OK for me on my own to have a steak at the pub,or whatever,but we want kids to go to Manly games,so we need to feed for them,so Brookie should cater better for us to feed them.Remember,if the adults stop taking the kids,there goes the next generation,and once you skip a generation,it's all over.And don't start with the BYO crap!As posted on other threads,the f*****g gestapo security guards won't let you bring hardly anything into the ground!

I've heard the best ground for footy beer and pie wise is Henson Park. Which reminds me I really must get down there for a game one day to watch the lower grades play.

Ant80 link said:
I've heard the best ground for footy beer and pie wise is Henson Park. Which reminds me I really must get down there for a game one day to watch the lower grades play.

Watched Manly at Henson Park (in 1983,I think it was Newtown,from memory).Slaughtered them in 3rd grade and reserves.Won 1sts by a field goal.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=187268.msg330013#msg330013 date=1301748548]

Watched Manly at Henson Park (in 1983,I think it was Newtown,from memory).Slaughtered them in 3rd grade and reserves.Won 1sts by a field goal.
[/quote]

Was/Is the Bluebag's old home ground.
F%%k the Bears bring them back!

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=187268.msg329878#msg329878 date=1301724463]
I was at Suncorp last night for Panfers-Donkeys....for those that haven't been get up here on the 27th of May, world class and without a doubt the best ground in the world to wacth a game from.
im with u love suncorp
[/quote]

I just can't agree.
I've never been there but my preconceptions of every other ground have proven true once I got to them. It just looks like the SFS or Homebush with colourful seats.
DSM5, same re AAMI. I notice you were standing up the back struggling for a view.

We should have the old terraces, like in England.

Crappy plastic seats are bad, mmmkay.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=187268.msg329885#msg329885 date=1301726093]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=187268.msg329878#msg329878 date=1301724463]
im with u love suncorp
[/quote]

I just can't agree.
I've never been there but my preconceptions of every other ground have proven true once I got to them. It just looks like the SFS or Homebush with courful seats.
DSM5, same re AAMI. I notice you were standing up the back struggling for a view.

[/quote]

For sure. SFS is only good if standing in the cove or if you have two seats to yourself. Not a fan of literally rubbing shoulders with two of your mates for the entire game.

Terraces would be ace, can pack more people into them which is good for the team & stadium. The hill does the job as well but can be a bit rubbish in the wet or if you're a short bugger.

Sitting down at the football is like sitting down at a concert, just feels plain wrong.

Duff link said:
im with u love suncorp
[/quote]

I just can't agree.
I've never been there but my preconceptions of every other ground have proven true once I got to them. It just looks like the SFS or Homebush with colourful seats.

[/quote]

No... Suncorp is the best stadium in the country, by far. Its far better then the SFS, and AMMI.

Duff link said:
im with u love suncorp
[/quote]

I just can't agree.

[/quote]spoken like a true labour gimp. Love ya duff but wat a dumb comment it's nothing like the sfs I have sat in the top tear behind the post ands still an awesome view. It's all to Do with angle and positioning of the rows. Yes they are close together but u lose a bit of comfort to get an amazing view

For those of you who have fox or a stream to the Warriors vs Sharks game. I'm loving the oval they are playing at in NZ

I read this week that the English Premier League are thinking of bring back the terrace standing areas.  I actually prefer to stand watching a game.

DSM5 link said:
I read this week that the English Premier League are thinking of bring back the terrace standing areas.  I actually prefer to stand watching a game.

Hopefully someone over here will show the same vision. More people in the ground yet they get a better view.

For football(of any code) Suncorp is by the best ground in Australia. I've been lucky enough to play on there and it was amazing.

The best ground in OZ hands down is the MCG( hate to say it as its in Melbourne) but it really is a beatiuful stadium. For me only behind both the old and new Wembley's in terms of its sheer beauty. Nothing will ever beat the new wembley

Bluetounge is a nice staduim but when there are more the 10,000 there its hard to move around. Disagree with the views though, having been at many areas of that stadium for both football and league games always have a decent view. Much like the SFS.

tractorboy link said:
For football(of any code) Suncorp is by the best ground in Australia. I've been lucky enough to play on there and it was amazing.

The best ground in OZ hands down is the MCG( hate to say it as its in Melbourne) but it really is a beatiuful stadium. For me only behind both the old and new Wembley's in terms of its sheer beauty. Nothing will ever beat the new wembley

Bluetounge is a nice staduim but when there are more the 10,000 there its hard to move around. Disagree with the views though, having been at many areas of that stadium for both football and league games always have a decent view. Much like the SFS.

We aren't talking beauty,or niceness.We aren't talking stadiums people have played at.We are talking stadiums that have good views,and facilities.I rate Suncorp,Skilled,SFS,Parra and Penrith as good viewing grounds.Penrith still has lines for food/drink,but good game view all round.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4