666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ben

Bencher
So if our back ended deals are this year and we still have 850k in this years cap to play with I dare say we will have a war chest next year to bring in some real big names in 2019. I'll be happy to to see Hodko here on a 1 year deal

madmax

Bencher
For all those criticizing Hodkinson......remember he played pretty well when here & when he moved to the Dogs for the first year or so. The Dogs team started to dwindle in quality & he left for the Knights. He played behind an inferior pack & wasn't able to carry the team, hence his form dropped. How the hell can you bag this guy when he's played behind beaten packs???? We could do worse!

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I wanted hodgo about 3 years ago because he would be good along side dce. He would direct the forwards, can tackle well, goal kick, has a cool head and a lot of experience. Newcastle would pay more than half of his salary.

A one year deal would be ideal in case hastings doesn't work out.

Would trent be any worse than green? Would do the exact same job. Definitely not any slower and probably a better defender and can kick and has experience guiding a side. Probably perfect for dce.

One year deal i would be happy and still have heaps of funds for buying star off contract players next year. Win win

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For all those criticizing Hodkinson......remember he played pretty well when here & when he moved to the Dogs for the first year or so. The Dogs team started to dwindle in quality & he left for the Knights. He played behind an inferior pack & wasn't able to carry the team, hence his form dropped. How the hell can you bag this guy when he's played behind beaten packs???? We could do worse!
4 years past his best and physically busted. Reserve grader in a wooden spoon team. Put someone else on an incentive bonus.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Yeah maybe i prefer to lamb.
Lamb wont come on a one year deal. Would have to sign him longer term.

We could get hodgo cheap on a one year deal. Battle it out with hastings and still have funds for 2018 off contract star players. I think its a no brainer. We all thought uate was washed up, trent could get the best out of hodgo as well.

His game would compliment dce. He is pretty cool under pressure and steers a side well. Not flashy or dangerous with ball but we have dce. Good defender and great goal kicker. If we get him cheap and Newcastle pay half his salary or more. Why not?

D

Deleted member 24974

Hodkinson is 29 years old. DCE and Pearce are 28. Hodkinson should really be at his peak, not past his best.

D

Deleted member 24974

He’s an injury waiting to happen, that’s the issue.

BUT

If the Knights are paying 75% of his $750k contract AND it’s for one year.......maybe

Agree. If Manly only pay $200k on a one year deal it’s worth the risk IMO.

Why go with someone who is busted up.. Todd Carney should be the way forward if we are looking for experience on a short term deal. He apparently gave up a 1.4 million dollar offer to play in the superleague for hull just to play in the qld cup in the off chance that he may play in the nrl again. He's on $100k. So he's not motivated by money and he will have a point to prove. Redemption.. I really think we should go for him. He still has a lot to offer and a much better replacement for green than hodko or lamb would ever be.

D

Deleted member 24974

Why go with someone who is busted up.. Todd Carney should be the way forward if we are looking for experience on a short term deal. He apparently gave up a 1.4 million dollar offer to play in the superleague for hull just to play in the qld cup in the off chance that he may play in the nrl again. He's on $100k. So he's not motivated by money and he will have a point to prove. Redemption.. I really think we should go for him. He still has a lot to offer and a much better replacement for green than hodko or

Carney could be a possibility but he is also a risk after stuffing up many second chances. Another minus for Carney is he has not played NRL level for three years.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
12 7 5 57 16
13 7 6 -34 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14