666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are still chasing Hodkinson regardless of the cap situation.
We shouldnt be CHASING him ,Knights should be chasing us to take him off their hands.If we pay more than 30% of his contracted 800k a year, we have some serious negotiating and bargaining issues.

As long as Hastings isnt 6 im happy. Hastings is hated my most of his teammates at every club he has been to, doesnt work hard or earn a position, played like **** when dropped to reserves had a sook instead of fighting back for a spot. And hasnt played well since early 2015. Give Croker a go, a kid who has worked his ass off to return to full fitness after an injury and is having a great off season.

We shouldnt be CHASING him ,Knights should be chasing us to take him off their hands.If we pay more than 30% of his contracted 800k a year, we have some serious negotiating and bargaining issues.
it's just a word man...chasing, attempting to sign, Newcastle offering up...it's all the same ****.

you get what I mean...Hodkinson might be coming to Manly...insert whatever adjective you like.

I am probably in the minority but i hope we get Hodkinson (at the right price). Too much risk for my liking with our current options and Hodkinson can do exactly what Green did for us but with better defence and offers goal kicking.

Can see the reasoning in still considering Hodko for some experience , game management and ball distribution value but is his body up to it for a FULL season for Manly . The ball is still totally in Hastings and Croker 's court so to speak . again i am sure that they will be given every opportunity to show they are up to it . Best opportunity both may receive for some time and in to the future .

Can see the reasoning in still considering Hodko for some experience , game management and ball distribution value but is his body up to it for a FULL season for Manly . The ball is still totally in Hastings and Croker 's court so to speak . again i am sure that they will be given every opportunity to show they are up to it . Best opportunity both may receive for some time and in to the future .
An opportunity for them, Croker /Hastings (unproven / inexperienced )
A gamble for our 2018 season .
This is why our coach is entertaining the idea of signing an experienced half .

Hocko is not only a good "just in case" if Croker or Hastings don't cut it, he is good insurance for a DCE injury saving a rookie halves pairing.

He has tons of experience, is cheap and may only have to play a handful of games.
Well said . Just like you would be taking a risk if you drove a car without insurance you would also be taking a risk by not having an experienced half steering the team around .

We are still chasing Hodkinson regardless of the cap situation.
Yeah from what I understand we will more than likely end up with hodkinson to partner chez. Hopefully he comes good back at manly. He was playing origin and grand finals only a few years ago, he cant have lost all his ability. In my opinion he is exactly like green but a better defender and he kicks goals

Shouldn't be too hard to catch him, with those knees.
Seriously ......
Cliffy is in better condition than Hogko . At least cliffy can still walk . We may as well give cliffy a go
c217f5b71308ad59e1afb409f6758673.jpg

Hodkinson peaked in 2010 when he kicked 2 field goals to beat souths. The world was at his feet and he would have had a premiership in 2011 if he stayed.

He showed poor judgement and left. There is a thread on here from the time that showed how he stuffed us around on the decision, Foz-style.

I am probably in the minority but i hope we get Hodkinson (at the right price). Too much risk for my liking with our current options and Hodkinson can do exactly what Green did for us but with better defence and offers goal kicking.

To be fair, and I do not support Trent coming back at all, the right price is $800 - NRL Fine (Manly total 400) minus whatever the Knights are prepared to take up which has to be 200K if Trent is on the initially reported 600K or 400K if the secondary report of him being on a back ended 800K for 18 is true.

However, if Knights play like dicks; Trent sits in reggies all year and we go with Hastings/ Crock OR
We player swap again (ala JB/AU) with them to sweeten the deal.

Pay him on a week to week performance based contract. Sounds like we are his final hope of ever playing NRL again. If he stays injury free and performs well, then we can talk business.
Can you remember what happened to the last established NRL player that signed an incentive contract ??

I often cringe when Hodkinson goes for a clearing kick. He seems to find players bodies more often than green pasture from what I have seen lately.
When he played in the QLD cup final I went up to watch him play, as we knew he was coming into the Manly squad the following year. After watching him play I had the immediate critique that his kicking game just wasn't right, the ball tended to float more than anything else which just gave the opposition time to get under it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8