• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Sorry for posting here but figured it would be the place for the quickest answer

If I was to block an individual, I dont see their posts not any threads they start.....but what if someone qoutes them in a thread do I still see that persons posts.

Basically can someone run me through blocking please

This is what I see:

Screenshot_20220225-161550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for posting here but figured it would be the place for the quickest answer

If I was to block an individual, I dont see their posts not any threads they start.....but what if someone qoutes them in a thread do I still see that persons posts.

Basically can someone run me through blocking please
One question ?

Why do people block people on forums if forums are all about all peoples perspectives ?

One question ?

Why do people block people on forums if forums are all about all peoples perspectives ?
Love hearing different opinions but there are some posters who repeat the same line of thought to the point of spam.

It can make the enjoyment of the site a little more difficult at tiimes.

I'm not yet at the point of blocking anyone but I am at the point of finding out how it exactly works

I think we have become a soft society and can not cope of living in the real world with real people that are different

Some people can only cope living in their own bubble because once they are outside of their own view in life it bursts

Love hearing different opinions but there are some posters who repeat the same line of thought to the point of spam.

It can make the enjoyment of the site a little more difficult at tiimes.

I'm not yet at the point of blocking anyone but I am at the point of finding out how it exactly works
I understand this about all people having their passionate views and post on those passions

How hard is it to just scroll by and read another posts
Is it that traumatic not being able to just scroll on ?

If we can not cope on a forum where we do not have to face or answer any one if we chose not to

How the fck do we cope in real life where we have to deal with real people like at work ?

Work you deal with customers and clients who are always right

Collegues who are always different and annoying

Bosses who are ruthless and demanding

Where is the block button there ?

Soft soft society !

Last edited:
Thanks the mod who moved this.

Ha didnt really realize this was section was here

It long and real
What is it not real about it ?
As previously stated, differing opinions are welcome as in robust discussion that is the point of a forum.

Spaming threads with constant repetition is tiresome

As previously stated, differing opinions are welcome as in robust discussion that is the point of a forum.

Spaming threads with constant repetition is tiresome
What happens when you get tired of real people in life where you have to face your personal annoyances every day

Because in real life confrontational out there feathered friend is much more challenging than scrolling by a post

Do you change jobs because of the different people you must face each day

Do you move house because of different neighbours ?

How far do you go and Block your self from real life ?

Perspective time
I work with people that swear at me and spit on me because I am a security guard and they do not like to conform

The moral of the story
facing adversity builds character
Running away from adversity does the opposite

I am a very compassionate person and always put others before me

There are many on here that cannot cope with my passionate posts

So I will do you all a favour and Not posts again

No hard feeling as I respect your feelings . I really do as this is the real me believe it or not :)

I wish you all a happy life and I hope that one day you will over come your fears

Good luck and God Bless and Go Manly :h:

Instead of having a little tantrum, how about you simply comply with the Silvertails rules when posting here? They are not very restrictive but are designed to give everyone a safe place to exchange Manly news and views.

In case you can't see it, your posts in this thread are personal attacks on 2 other posters!
For being soft. Running away. Unable to cope with reality.
Those kind of comments are personal attacks and not welcome here.

Being 'passionate' about Manly does not mean the Silvertails rules don't apply to you.

If you want to keep posting here please just respect other users, and Silvertails rules, and you'll be as welcome as anyone.

Last edited:
What happens when you get tired of real people in life where you have to face your personal annoyances every day

Because in real life confrontational out there feathered friend is much more challenging than scrolling by a post

Do you change jobs because of the different people you must face each day

Do you move house because of different neighbours ?

How far do you go and Block your self from real life ?

Perspective time
I work with people that swear at me and spit on me because I am a security guard and they do not like to conform

The moral of the story
facing adversity builds character
Running away from adversity does the opposite

Ha you are building a narrative which in my view is a touch silly .

There is no adversity or challenges on this forum.

In real life you deal with challenges as they arise but at the same time if something is bringing you displeasure in your leisure time then you consider action to correct it.

I have not
I am a very compassionate person and always put others before me

There are many on here that cannot cope with my passionate posts

No hard feeling as I respect your feelings . I really do as this is the real me believe it or not :)

I wish you all a happy life and I hope that one day you will over come your fears

Good luck and God Bless and Go Manly :h:
Personally mentioned or directed anything at you.

This started simply with a question on the intricacies of the blocking function

Disco, opinions differ but I can recommend selective blocking as a simple way to avoid irritation as you enjoy the site.

It’s easy to take a look at blocked content if you’re curious.

Instead of having a little tantrum, how about you simply comply with the Silvertails rules when posting here? They are not very restrictive but are designed to give everyone a safe place to exchange Manly news and views.

In case you can't see it, your posts in this thread are personal attacks on 2 other posters!
For being soft. Running away. Unable to cope with reality.
Those kind of comments are personal attacks and not welcome here.

Being 'passionate' about Manly does not mean the Silvertails rules don't apply to you.

If you want to keep posting here please just respect other users, and Silvertails rules, and you'll be as welcome as anyone.
Saw some comments today that the great @BOZO was MIA and came accross this thread. If saying someone is "soft" & "unable to cope with reality" for blocking him because of his opinions are personal attacks, what is singling out his posts as repetitive, blocking him, and then telling the entire site that they have done that?

Ironically, thought Bozos comments were made as a generalisation to people who cant handle posts with different opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4