• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He went fine for his Debut. Talk about literally, living out a dream. Just like him, I (probably like many of us on this forum) grew up wearing my Manly jumper and going to Brookie to watch the games. I wasn’t at the ground that night for the Battle of Brookvale but I remember it well.
Along with Parker, he was actually there. Can you imagine the feeling of playing last night. I’m really happy for him. He has to be in the team to play the Tigers next week. Against his old club with Benji and Farrah in the coaching box, he’ll be up for it.

I thought he offered nothing. I don't see how he offers more than Keppie. Both make mistakes, but at least Keppie doesn't hit the line and stop.

I appreciate the sentimental aspect of a huge Manly fan getting to play for his childhood club and good on him for living the dream. But there's a reason he was playing Reggies at the Dragons.

Sorry, not a fan.

Sipley, Paseka, Aloiai, Woodsie and of course Jake all stood up in the middle last night. Really good showing.

He showed the way.

Scored a try. Continued to put pressure on by just being in that spot just in case.

He set up a try. A dominating tackle where he continued to put pressure on the storm bloke holding the ball.

Some of you are boo we missed two trys.

Trys or no trys confirmed. He sure added to the momentum or team has. His extra effort 1 %s, His pressure applied.

Bulls was a try. Shazza robbed by the bunker. That's where U should boo.

He didnt demand his place in the 17 tonight.

Up to Keppie now to have a blinder for Blacktown to force his way back in.

I'd say hell get another run against the Tiges
And he'll know Keppie will be breathing down his neck, shouldn't be to hard to put in a big game against his old club. I look at Woodsie as that calming type of player that you need when the heats on.

I thought he offered nothing. I don't see how he offers more than Keppie. Both make mistakes, but at least Keppie doesn't hit the line and stop.

I appreciate the sentimental aspect of a huge Manly fan getting to play for his childhood club and good on him for living the dream. But there's a reason he was playing Reggies at the Dragons.

Sorry, not a fan.
Agree

Will he be a permanent fixture in the 17 as a result of his first game , no.

Will he do a job if he’s asked to play again , yes.

Is he one of the most outstanding props in the game , no.

Will he do his very best if he gets another shot , yes.

For a player , that’s costing us zero , what more can you ask.

Will he be a permanent fixture in the 17 as a result of his first game , no.

Will he do a job if he’s asked to play again , yes.

Is he one of the most outstanding props in the game , no.

Will he do his very best if he gets another shot , yes.

For a player , that’s costing us zero , what more can you ask.
Well he did cost us two potentially pretty good players. That could come back to bite us in the next couple of years if they go on to be great 1st graders - gutho, Hynes, etc.

Well he did cost us two potentially pretty good players. That could come back to bite us in the next couple of years if they go on to be great 1st graders - gutho, Hynes, etc.
No you’re wrong , HE didn’t do anything like that.

The youngsters were offered much more money than we could afford , they were going in 24 regardless.

St Merge wanted them early , “ ok you can have them early but we want $200k ” says Manly , “ sorry we can’t afford that but we’ll offer you a player for nothing , he’ll be on our cap not yours “.

Manly then thinks “ well that’s $200k we can use to upgrade the Big O ( who was asking for it ) and then it gives us a other spot in the 30, so rightio St Merge , we agree “.

Aaron Woods would have had no part on that other than being told he was moving.

He did NOT cost us the loss of two young players , that’s just utter bull ****.

No you’re wrong , HE didn’t do anything like that.

The youngsters were offered much more money than we could afford , they were going in 24 regardless.

St Merge wanted them early , “ ok you can have them early but we want $200k ” says Manly , “ sorry we can’t afford that but we’ll offer you a player for nothing , he’ll be on our cap not yours “.

Manly then thinks “ well that’s $200k we can use to upgrade the Big O ( who was asking for it ) and then it gives us a other spot in the 30, so rightio St Merge , we agree “.

Aaron Woods would have had no part on that other than being told he was moving.

He did NOT cost us the loss of two young players , that’s just utter bull ****.
The people whinging about the loss of two players yet to prove themselves,will be the first ones complaining if the club couldn’t compete with offers for the likes of Olakau’atu and Koula(although if Rugby come knocking for Koula,no one is competing)Their next complaint will be the re-signing of the likes of Keppie etc.But Keppie’s price isn’t likely to go up and is hitting his prime now.The two young players are yrs away from prime and if they do get better,they’re likely to command more than Keppie

The people whinging about the loss of two players yet to prove themselves,will be the first ones complaining if the club couldn’t compete with offers for the likes of Olakau’atu and Koula(although if Rugby come knocking for Koula,no one is competing)Their next complaint will be the re-signing of the likes of Keppie etc.But Keppie’s price isn’t likely to go up and is hitting his prime now.The two young players are yrs away from prime and if they do get better,they’re likely to command more than Keppie
I can understand the sadness at losing two young players we’ve nurtured for years , but sadly that’s the game these days.

BUT to blame a player who was involved in a swap , and who would have had very little to do with any of it , is just a low blow !!

Now I think about it, why was Woods' try dissallowed? If you are grounding the ball with the back of your hand in action to score, that would not be allowed. But if you're grounding the ball in the action to force a dropout it counts??? How does that make sense??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10