• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Noticed during the Storm game when close to their try line when on the attack it seemed that Woods was drawing defenders to him either as a decoy or just in the line in an attacking movement. Really think DCE and co could devise an attack centred around Woods involvement or non involvement if you know what I mean..

You could see steely determination in Kennedy whenever he had the ball to run through his opposite. Don't see that in Woods. Woods seems like a nice guy, Kennedy did not. Nice guys don't win the game for you. Kennedy was the one to put steel into our pack. End of story.

You could see steely determination in Kennedy whenever he had the ball to run through his opposite. Don't see that in Woods. Woods seems like a nice guy, Kennedy did not. Nice guys don't win the game for you. Kennedy was the one to put steel into our pack. End of story.
Two different players all together, ones a blockbusting lock/2nd rower and the other is an old school hit it up no frills prop.

I think to compare the two isn’t appropriate.

One was ( in his short two year stint ) to become a Manly legend making the team of the century named in 2008.

The other ( in his last year playing ) was swapped in lieu of a transfer fee from the bottom ranked team and wouldn’t make a team of the week , let alone the century.

That aside , he can play a role teaching the youngsters as he does have loads of experience and has been a really top player for much of that time.

Probably silly to wade in, but if given the choice of either at any time of their respective careers, it’s BK for me, he was born a footballer, a winner, his desire, attitude and most of all, his application, outstanding, tuff, his presence was just infectious and lifted every side he played for, Newy, Us, NSW and the Roos. The type of player ever player loved to play with, not against.

. Woods may be past it, but he may also inspire Manly just as Kennedy did. He's got the credentials.
When a player is past it , He cant just live on past credentials , He needs to make his mark on the field when he is on the field and he failed to make the top 17 at Cronulla and the Dragons
The old school slow Woods may have great past credentials but his great days are clearly over

That aside , he can play a role teaching the youngsters as he does have loads of experience and has been a really top player for much of that time.
Maybe he can join Seibold on the coaching staff because the slow old school prop looks out of place in the fast pace NRL arena

This was a no brainer by Manly in signing Woods and letting go of Fifita . Someone mentioned that Woods might have the same manager as one of our coaches but was not 100% certain . If we are starting to let our youngsters go for the caliber like Woods ,we are in deep s _ _ t .

This was a no brainer by Manly in signing Woods and letting go of Fifita . Someone mentioned that Woods might have the same manager as one of our coaches but was not 100% certain . If we are starting to let our youngsters go for the caliber like Woods ,we are in deep s _ _ t .
I can understand the logic of letting go younger players to make way in our cap to upgrade great players like Haumole . But the on field NRL addition of a player that has been past it for the past few years is perplexing .

Again , the kids were going in 24 anyway ( loads more $$$), and St merge wanted them in 23.

They were both unlikely to get a game so to get a player in return ( in lieu of a transfer fee) and thus freeing up another spot in the 30, actually was a good deal, ie his cost , ZERO.

By all means argue about letting the youngsters go , but don’t either blame ir include Woods in the blame game as he was just collateral damage.

I don’t understand the angst over Woods - as explained by @Mark from Brisbane & others several times, he cost us nothing & Tuitavake & Fifita wanted out.

Woods has already done more than Boyle (IMO) in the short time he’s been here.

An added bonus is he’s involved in Triple M’s footy commentary team so it’s more positive media exposure for the club.

In fact, they had him as a guest on the Rush hour on Tuesday arvo & he was speaking very positively & excitedly about being at Manly, playing in the Storm game & how Turbo’s just started hitting his straps.

Good on him & it’s nice to see a player who is still capable end his career at the club he loves.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the angst over Woods - as explained by @Mark from Brisbane & others several times, he cost us nothing & Tuitavake & Fifita wanted out.

Woods has already done more than Boyle (IMO) in the short time he’s been here.

An added bonus is he’s involved in Triple M’s footy commentary team so it’s more positive media exposure for the club.

In fact, they had him as a guest on the Rush hour on Tuesday arvo & he was speaking very positively & excitedly about being at Manly, playing in the Storm game & how Turbo’s just started hitting his straps.

Good on him & it’s nice to see a player who is still capable end his career at the club he loves.
Exactly , he’s well past superstar status but I just hate how he’s being denigrated on here when he’s cost us diddly squat.

He’s better by far than Boyle who is an Absolute waste of space.

And as I say , cost is ZERO

To be perfectly honest Bearfax BK played exactly to the standards I felt he would and could, even though in his later years he was an exceptional athlete and still up with the best forwards in the game, but I will confess the effect he had on Watmough and others exceeded my expectations.
I hate to be blunt and sound like a rude f***, but Woods falls so short in regards to ability to the great BK, I wouldn't even try compare as it's disrespectful to Woods who seems a top bloke and personally, I'm happy he is at the club.
I actually feel he is still a "decent" player, though a bit slow for the modern game and will have a positive effect with on Manly team mates, which is a great thing.
I respect your opinions Bearfax, but that's mine and that's how I see it....

I reiterate Maxta. Its your perspective, and as I said in the end you may be right. But obviously others in the Rugby League world have a higher opinion of Woods otherwise, coming from weaker sides,how was he was still able to play so many tests, State of Origin matches and gain Best Prop awards. Not my opinion, just what the evidence suggests, and as you will have noticed many times in the past I make statements based on available evidence, not perspectives. And in a manner I'm not offering an opinion, I'm merely presently comparative information.. I don't know whether he will be as valuable ad Kennedy or not. None of us can until we see how Woods performs over the next few years. Then we can make a more accurate assessment.

Last edited:
I reiterate Maxta. Its your perspective, and as I said in the end you may be right. But obviously others in the Rugby League world have a higher opinion of Woods otherwise, coming from weaker sides,how was he was still able to play so many tests, State of Origin matches and gain Best Prop awards. Not my opinion, just what the evidence suggests, and as you will have noticed many times in the past I make statements based on available evidence, not perspectives. And in a manner I'm not offering an opinion, I'm merely presently comparative information.. I don't know whether he will be as valuable ad Kennedy or not. None of us can until we see how Woods performs over the next few years. Then we can make a more accurate assessment.
Fair enough Bearfax, I can't argue with factual data, however - there have been many players to play similar games at rep levels and total NRL games ect that are not comparable as players and I rate the comparison of Woods and BK as chalk and cheese in relation to their playing abilities and what they bring on a footy field...
In relation to off field impact and comradery, I like Woods and he will prove a good signing in certain ways I feel and from what I know, already has fitted in.
However, if you played a game and missed a tackle to lose the game you could sit next to Woodsy and have a smiley chat.....if it were BK I reckon rather than face him, you would run out the ground and drive home with your footy gear still on.....boots included.
The competitive nature of BK is up with the best I have seen as was his footy ability and I don't agree that players who have played a similar amount of games, makes them comparable.

Fair enough Bearfax, I can't argue with factual data, however - there have been many players to play similar games at rep levels and total NRL games ect that are not comparable as players and I rate the comparison of Woods and BK as chalk and cheese in relation to their playing abilities and what they bring on a footy field...
In relation to off field impact and comradery, I like Woods and he will prove a good signing in certain ways I feel and from what I know, already has fitted in.
However, if you played a game and missed a tackle to lose the game you could sit next to Woodsy and have a smiley chat.....if it were BK I reckon rather than face him, you would run out the ground and drive home with your footy gear still on.....boots included.
The competitive nature of BK is up with the best I have seen as was his footy ability and I don't agree that players who have played a similar amount of games, makes them comparable.

It wasn't BK's football ability that made him a legend at manly ... there have been plenty of better players ... it was his character that made the difference ... it was the total commitment and 100% effort that made him special ... it was the fact he lead by example and was a man the rest of the team would follow through the brick wall ..

It wasn't BK's football ability that made him a legend at manly ... there have been plenty of better players ... it was his character that made the difference ... it was the total commitment and 100% effort that made him special ... it was the fact he lead by example and was a man the rest of the team would follow through the brick wall ..
Really - I reckon he was an exceptional player but again it's all just opinion right ?
As stated, his leadership qualities were Super.and of the highest order.

Really - I reckon he was an exceptional player but again it's all just opinion right ?
As stated, his leadership qualities were Super.and of the highest order.

Didn't say he wasn't an exceptional player .... but that is not what made him a legend ....

Didn't say he wasn't an exceptional player .... but that is not what made him a legend ....
Very true :wait:
Definitely The ultimate competitor !!
He had that aura and warrior type attitude that inspired his team mates and had the fans believe anything was possible.....and that golden period Manly had could be largely attributed to the man himself.

Have a read of Sharrons most recent media piece. How he performs individually on the field is one thing. But it's pretty obvious that his impact to this group would offer much more than that.

There were a few players he (Shazza) already knew, including (AOA), who was starting out at the Tigers when he (Shazza) was captain.
We used to call Josh ‘Hums’ because he was so humble – but he’s not humble now,” Woods quips.
“I walked in here the first day and he sent me a text asking me to get him a latte with one sugar and a bacon and egg roll with barbecue sauce. He’s one of the leaders now and the alpha male. “But this joint has been unbelievable.

AOA sure had some game against the Storm. Sipley did as well. Will we get to see how Keppie responds this week?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8