• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It was interesting to see both Drags outcasts on the field together last Friday, Woods and Tariq Sims.

I used to think of Woods as a giant but in the current Manly side he's merely big.

69945761-11984385-image-a-89_1681799477564.jpg

He certainly brings some feelgood vibes however given the job he did on Friday (really a 15-20 min cameo) how is he in front of Keppie, Boyle and Condon? All younger, all at the club next year and they can all provide the same solid contribution. In fact I would argue can all contribute a bit more.

Not comparable to BK as a signing, but who is ??
BK was a beast and 1 of the best leaders who backed up his vocals with action.
Woods obviously has a genuine love of the club and brings many things including experience and is a bloke who has great credentials off the field making him a real asset to the younger blokes.
Hope he does well.

Not comparable to BK as a signing, but who is ??
BK was a beast and 1 of the best leaders who backed up his vocals with action.
Woods obviously has a genuine love of the club and brings many things including experience and is a bloke who has great credentials off the field making him a real asset to the younger blokes.
Hope he does well.

Tricky to say that before we see what he can do. In fact both players have quite similar histories.

Kennedy played 195 first grade matches 15 tests 13 SOOs, Best lock awards 2005 and 2006, came to Manly aged 31 for two years 2005-2006 and declared best captain 2006.

Woods played so far 257 first grade matches, 17 tests, 14 SOOs, Best prop awards 2015 and 2017, came to Manly aged 32

Main difference was Kennedy played in better sides and therefore was in 12 finals matches to Woods 7 matches. Very different types of players but both top tier footballers. Woods may be past it, but he may also inspire Manly just as Kennedy did. He's got the credentials.

Tricky to say that before we see what he can do. In fact both players have quite similar histories.

Kennedy played 195 first grade matches 15 tests 13 SOOs, Best lock awards 2005 and 2006, came to Manly aged 31 for two years 2005-2006 and declared best captain 2006.

Woods played so far 257 first grade matches, 17 tests, 14 SOOs, Best prop awards 2015 and 2017, came to Manly aged 32

Main difference was Kennedy played in better sides and therefore was in 12 finals matches to Woods 7 matches. Very different types of players but both top tier footballers. Woods may be past it, but he may also inspire Manly just as Kennedy did. He's got the credentials.
If Woods can bring 50% of what Kennedy did to our squad he will be the signing of the decade.

It's pretty easy to say actually.
I reckon Ben Kennedy and Woods are worlds apart as players and ability on the field.
As I did state earlier, Woods will have a good impact on the team and is a good bloke to have around the club.

On the credit side, at least he now has a pic on the club site wearing actual Manly colours.

View attachment 23621
Yeah, that happened about a day or so after I posted the following in the Manly v Storm Pre-Game thread:

Did anyone else know that according to the seaeagles.com.au website Top 29 MWSE players, we only have two centres on our books? That's right, Parker and Harper.

Oh yeah, they also now have Aaron Woods listed now too but unfortunately, nobody could find a Manly jersey for him to wear and they have him still in his Dragons jersey. :rolleyes:

It's pretty easy to say actually.
I reckon Ben Kennedy and Woods are worlds apart as players and ability on the field.
As I did state earlier, Woods will have a good impact on the team and is a good bloke to have around the club.

Fair enough Maxta. That's your perspective, and in the end that perspective may be justified. But we admire Kennedy in retrospect in terms of what he did for Manly. His two lock awards were won while at Manly. His Best Captain award was won while at Manly. Like many assessments we make, they are usually bound in retrospection. I wonder if you would think similarly before Kennedy came to Manly. Its easier to reflect with evidence than it is to prognosticate before evidence is available. So all we can do is consider the attributes displayed before they came to Manly as a realistic means of comparison.

Fair enough Maxta. That's your perspective, and in the end that perspective may be justified. But we admire Kennedy in retrospect in terms of what he did for Manly. His two lock awards were won while at Manly. His Best Captain award was won while at Manly. Like many assessments we make, they are usually bound in retrospection. I wonder if you would think similarly before Kennedy came to Manly. Its easier to reflect with evidence than it is to prognosticate before evidence is available. So all we can do is consider the attributes displayed before they came to Manly as a realistic means of comparison.
To be perfectly honest Bearfax BK played exactly to the standards I felt he would and could, even though in his later years he was an exceptional athlete and still up with the best forwards in the game, but I will confess the effect he had on Watmough and others exceeded my expectations.
I hate to be blunt and sound like a rude f***, but Woods falls so short in regards to ability to the great BK, I wouldn't even try compare as it's disrespectful to Woods who seems a top bloke and personally, I'm happy he is at the club.
I actually feel he is still a "decent" player, though a bit slow for the modern game and will have a positive effect with on Manly team mates, which is a great thing.
I respect your opinions Bearfax, but that's mine and that's how I see it....

He made a few mistakes , but I think overall wasn’t too bad.

And remember, his first ever game with that team , with little to no training.

Well done Woodsie!!!
His first game with that team Perspective ....

We are not talking about a nervous 18 year old rookie that was making his debut for that team

We are talking about a 300 NRL game experienced pro player that is allegedly in the team to be calming influence to our younger players

I think Woodsie is a Great character but is not the Great player that we need to dominate in this comp

Woodise is past his best and is too slow for the faster paced dominant packs

He could make the top 17 for the sharks or the Dragons for a reason and this season he is another year older at Manly

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8