Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
he Warriors aren't about to give up on the game's most expensive prop Addin Fonua-Blake without a fight.

The giant front-rower has put the club in a difficult position, requesting a release from his rich deal on compassionate grounds to return to Sydney.

It is believed that Fonua-Blake's parents, who live in Sydney, are in poor health and the star forward wants to be closer to them.

READ MORE: Marsh leaves World Cup for 'personal reasons'

READ MORE: Astonishing Fowler stat surfaces after Matildas screamer

READ MORE: England star quits suddenly after 'staggering' snub

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

MONOPOLY GO! is Blasting up the Mobile Game ChartsMONOPOLY GO! is Blasting up the Mobile Game ChartsSPONSORED | MONOPOLY GO!

Recommended by
But the Warriors are still hopeful of retaining Fonua-Blake, who ironically signed with them from Manly also on compassionate grounds - or getting a top-class forward in exchange.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb0461aef-23af-41bc-8b5e-7cfeef4b4a9d
The Warriors aren't prepared to let Addin Fonua-Blake leave the club without a fight (Getty)
One official from a Sydney club interested in signing Fonua-Blake told Wide World of Sports, "It's no guarantee they will release him".

"They want an equivalent trade. There are not many options available to them.

"They are Zooming with Fonua-Blake from England tonight (Thursday) and the general feeling is that he will stay in New Zealand for at least another 12 months."

Watch the Kangaroos take on New Zealand in the 2023 Pacific Championships final on Nine and 9Now

The Dragons have already put up their hand for Fonua-Blake, while several other clubs are also keen to secure his services.

The Warriors put out a brief statement on Thursday stating "chief executive Cameron George said the club is considering the request".

he Warriors aren't about to give up on the game's most expensive prop Addin Fonua-Blake without a fight.

The giant front-rower has put the club in a difficult position, requesting a release from his rich deal on compassionate grounds to return to Sydney.

It is believed that Fonua-Blake's parents, who live in Sydney, are in poor health and the star forward wants to be closer to them.

READ MORE: Marsh leaves World Cup for 'personal reasons'

READ MORE: Astonishing Fowler stat surfaces after Matildas screamer

READ MORE: England star quits suddenly after 'staggering' snub

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

MONOPOLY GO! is Blasting up the Mobile Game ChartsMONOPOLY GO! is Blasting up the Mobile Game ChartsSPONSORED | MONOPOLY GO!

Recommended by
But the Warriors are still hopeful of retaining Fonua-Blake, who ironically signed with them from Manly also on compassionate grounds - or getting a top-class forward in exchange.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb0461aef-23af-41bc-8b5e-7cfeef4b4a9d
The Warriors aren't prepared to let Addin Fonua-Blake leave the club without a fight (Getty)
One official from a Sydney club interested in signing Fonua-Blake told Wide World of Sports, "It's no guarantee they will release him".

"They want an equivalent trade. There are not many options available to them.

"They are Zooming with Fonua-Blake from England tonight (Thursday) and the general feeling is that he will stay in New Zealand for at least another 12 months."

Watch the Kangaroos take on New Zealand in the 2023 Pacific Championships final on Nine and 9Now

The Dragons have already put up their hand for Fonua-Blake, while several other clubs are also keen to secure his services.

The Warriors put out a brief statement on Thursday stating "chief executive Cameron George said the club is considering the request".
Aloiai is a top class forward......that is the company line.

Didn’t Aloiai have something to say about AFB back in the day when he was responding to Erin Molan’s comments about Polynesian names?

Bottom line from the Warriors very understandably getting as close as possible for a like for like and would not seem that much on offer .
Luke Thompson from the Dogs probably hardly that appealing , same with Alioia , similarly to include anyone from the Saints.
Hard for Manly to find the money required , even if Alioia "s and Lodge "s anticipated contract amounts were on offer , also allowing for any likely freight on Alioia .
Maybe A F B could even feel quite comfortable returning to Manly but just not a straight forward option unfortunately .

"It is believed that Fonua-Blake's parents, who live in Sydney, are in poor health and the star forward wants to be closer to them."
Might depend just how ill they are. They'd have to be in pretty bad shape for the Warriors to release him immediately. More likely to be let go for 2025?
As for coming to Manly, seems a long-shot, but you never know. Dogs surely would be favoured at this stage, or if it is 2025 or later then Chooks.

Who knows what’s happening. What we have seen is offloading of middles and most recently the Aloai news. Losge not yet signed either. I think we might be a chance here. Club supported his release request last time. I assume he still has plenty of buddies at the club as well. Can only hope but from all accounts it looks like we could be in the conversation at least.

I remember asking our previous CEO Stephen Humphries about why AFB left the club and he simply stated that AFB did not want to be tied down and wanted to get out of Sydney. Also remember that AFB got into hot water for abusing referee Atkins after a controversial loss to drugcastle in 2020, he was suspended and disciplined at the time.

There is no doubt that he is right up there with the best prop forwards playing. For him to come back we will need to shed a couple of players.

Im not banking on this happening!

Who knows what’s happening. What we have seen is offloading of middles and most recently the Aloai news. Losge not yet signed either. I think we might be a chance here. Club supported his release request last time. I assume he still has plenty of buddies at the club as well. Can only hope but from all accounts it looks like we could be in the conversation at least.
Can tell you emphatically that he is not coming to manly 100%. Oshay staying as well.

regardless whether anyone chooses to believe it, the outcome will end up the same and he will not return to Manly.

I got excited at first because we have been moving pieces, I agree he has probably lined something up before requesting a release and I have always rated him and was sorry to see him leave us…

…but the more I read this thread the more I realised that the dogs have also made moves AND have that wily Fox Gus who would not have tipped TPJ out to paddock for no reason…

He’ll end up a dog is my guess… although the tigpies may be a sneaky chance… how close was he with the Fultons?
If he's still harbouring thoughts of a Premiership he won't be going to Belmore, but if it's to top up his retirement plan, he'll be going to Belmore.

Can tell you emphatically that he is not coming to manly 100%. Oshay staying as well.

regardless whether anyone chooses to believe it, the outcome will end up the same and he will not return to Manly.
Sounds like you have some inside oil. If so I take your word for it.

You are dreaming if he does not already have a deal sorted / destination. That is what makes the Saints play potentially so funny or interesting. They are either
1. Have just found out and are saying they are interested as it is a great message to fans (look at our ambition etc)
2. They have already secured him and are using this to get around the anti tampering rules
In regards to him off the park at 27 he has had a pretty complicated upbringing / path through life (some of it caused by him self etc) - you just hope that where ever he ends up he gets some peace as if the figures are to be believed on his warriors deal then this is not a $ move

In my dreams I hope ADF remembers and cherishes how the Sea Eagles released him on compassionate grounds, as opposed to the Dragons, who basically ‘sacked him’.

With the Sea Eagles potentially releasing so many props, is there a potential ‘feel good’ story there?

Lodge, AFB, Jake and Paseka in rotation, would be right up there with any team in the League.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8