Alex McKinnon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Knights released a statement saying they won't know until Tuesday. Family are in contact with the club. No more or no less. Very chilling and very scary.

I don't what to speculate and hope the guy comes through it

joeboy said:
How ... ruthless is cam smith arguing about a penalty while the guy is motionless on the ground and then after he is stretchered off. the penalty is for lifting cammie, true he moved his head, but it still would've been a penalty if it was just his face that hit the ground first! Get a grip you merkin.

No wonder the NRL love captain scum. He is the man who perfected the grapple tackle that sought to rip players heads off. Oh, and he is the player that negotiated his own contract (No Agent to Blame) which included signing two contracts for differing amounts, but apparently had no idea about the cap rorting.

And now he seeks to defend the indefensible........what a class act.

From the Knights:

Scan results for Alex McKinnon confirm a fracture at C4 and C5.

His spinal cord is not severed but the doctors are unsure about the level of spinal cord compromise.

It will be a number of days or weeks until the extent of his injury is known.

Alex’s family have now arrived in Melbourne and are with him, along with Club doctor Peter McGeoch and Club officials.

When there is additional information, an update will be provided.

We ask that any reporting of this delicate matter be handled with respect to Alex and his family.

I fear for the kiddie, his distress is obvious to any one with a heart :angel:

After the hysteria that Fa'aoso was subjected to with the GI tackles, I wonder if Alex will be afforded the same level of outrage by the NRL and Media ? :cool:

The image above, clearly has his leg above the horizontal plane :s

bones said:
From the Knights:

His spinal cord is not severed but the doctors are unsure about the level of spinal cord compromise.

Alex’s family have now arrived in Melbourne and are with him, along with Club doctor Peter McGeoch and Club officials.

We ask that any reporting of this delicate matter be handled with respect to Alex and his family.

**** man this is so terrible I feel horrible for him. It's been weighing heavy on all day and have had such a sick feeling.

Hope that later news is improved and better

Sickening news, here's hoping for a full recovery.
The young Storm player who lifted is probably shattered as well. Did he even come back in the second half?

Stuff that is awful news, thoughts go to him and his family. Positive that the spinal cord not severed, but certainly not out of the woods yet.

We know none of the players involved intended this type of harm, but it is also a fact that when three big boppers get involved in a tackle they are not intending to give him a warm cuddle, they do intend to hurt him. Should they be looking at maximum numbers in the tackle?

As HM said, the distressed look on his face was terrible to see.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Sickening to watch his reaction...

From a footballing perspective: Obviously the tackle was accidental, but careless, and the consequences were horrific. What will be the punishment for the three Storm players?

The judiciary has been so inconsistent this year. Souffs players deliberately try to decapitate Tedesco and don't have to serve time; King cops a suspension for a collision that no-body noticed, was not high, and did not worry the Parra player.

my thoughts are with the player and his family.

Just like to express my disappointment in the way Smith conducted himself after this incident. He was actually smiling until he realised the seriousness of injury. Only to then continue trying to argue with ref about validity of penalty. Total disgrace to the manner in which our game is played. Unforgivable. zero respect for him now. and he's our national team captain?! boo Smith!

Dan said:
bones said:
From the Knights:

... man this is so terrible I feel horrible for him. It's been weighing heavy on all day and have had such a sick feeling.

Hope that later news is improved and better

I broke my neck C5/C6 in 1978 playing rugby league and have been in a wheelchair since.

If his spinal cord is not severed then he has a reasonable chance of recovering. Having said that, if there is swelling or bruising of the spinal cord he may lose some mobility. Spinal tissue does not regenerate. That's why they won't be able tell how much damage he's done for days or possibly weeks.

I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.

swoop said:
I broke my neck C5/C6 in 1978 playing rugby league and have been in a wheelchair since.

Holy poop on a stick. Sometimes when you learn about posters on a forum...it really throws you!

Now I dunno what to say, except maybe I'm glad you still post on a forum of a game you really liked once!

My better half is a top line skier and it scares (terrifies) me everytime she races.

globaleagle said:
swoop said:

Now I dunno what to say, except maybe I'm glad you still post on a forum of a game you really liked once!

What do you mean "a game I once liked". I still love the game with a passion. It was just an unfortunate accident.

All the best to Alex and his family at this time. All the worst karma to the Storm especially that piece of **** captain of theirs. I only wish it was him, then we'd see how smug he is then.

swoop said:

If his spinal cord is not severed then he has a reasonable chance of recovering. Having said that, if there is swelling or bruising of the spinal cord he may lose some mobility. Spinal tissue does not regenerate. That's why they won't be able tell how much damage he's done for days or possibly weeks.

Sorry to hear about your accident, it would be even more upseting for you to see it happen to Alex :angel:

I have a friend who did it water skiing. He spent 12 months laying inverted and it healed to the point of just not being able to turn his head.

Wolfie and Richie were extremely close to a tragedy too. Lets hope that it will resolve well for Alex as well as for them :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8