All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Snake and Skiv were the last of our back ended contracts from the despot era. That's 1.4 freed up this year. I reckon half has gone on upgrades to date including the trbo brothers. The idiots at smh seem to forget the rise in the cap. Surely some of that is chewed with the rise in the cap. Surely with the rise we have approx 1.5 left. If we miss out on our targets in Pearce and Thompson then we will surely front end that 1.5 over our top 5 players and bank it like a war chest for next year or beyond. I think we have a great team. We won 3 penalty counts last year and finished 6th. We were rorted out of the finals.

Manly to win

Manly are in the box seat for Pearce in my opinion.

He wouldn’t want to play at the Knights when he lives here and Penn knows this. Penn is a very, very smart business man and by him saying this is all we can offer is exactly what you would do if you were out laying money.

If your a business owner you don’t go telling employees that you have loads of cash ready for their contracts. You always cry poor and make them think that is all you have.

Business 101.

My thoughts would be that marty and walker are on backended deals. You dont sign quality players like this as late as we did without fudging the sums. Sirro may have been part of this as well

When we signed them there was no way we had a mill in cap space just waiting

Initially there old clubs helped settle the tab but moving forward its all manly

Its very conceivable to me that this is where our future coin is tied up.

Signing pearce will probably have the same affect although as marty and dylan are getting closer to the end of the deal it may help slightly.

My thoughts would be that marty and walker are on backended deals. You dont sign quality players like this as late as we did without fudging the sums. Sirro may have been part of this as well

When we signed them there was no way we had a mill in cap space just waiting

Initially there old clubs helped settle the tab but moving forward its all manly

Its very conceivable to me that this is where our future coin is tied up.

Signing pearce will probably have the same affect although as marty and dylan are getting closer to the end of the deal it may help slightly.
Marty was "re-signed" after 5 minutes. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...taupau-until-end-of-2020-20161011-grzx0r.html

Walks came on a 4 year deal.

Dylan has a T P A as part of his contract but do not think that either he or Marty have back ended deals in their contract arrangements . I presume that Pearce has now returned to Australia and depending on the Keary factor and if he [ Pearce ] definitely is intent to leave the Roosters , will probably feel inclined to decide his immediate playing future reasonably soon . Still very hard to see Green staying regardless . Also the fact that Croker has been now signed probably no doubt indicates the club's anticipated planning in this instance . Metcalfe [ i think ] is still eligible for the 20 's . Hastings looks like staying , Cullen as a utility role , Tom Wright as a centre or outside back consideration [ could potentially cover full back also ] and now Croker available , so with no Green or Pearce , some interesting and serious considerations for the Manly coaching staff then to contemplate .

In perspective-

*Manly have upgraded a few players
*Have signed some NSW Cup players.
*Have lost both NRL and NSW cup players.
*Salary Cap has increased
= At this stage $400 - $600,000 left +
Greens $350,000

Pearce at $750 - $800,000 is highly probable :happy:
It all depends on the Sharks. I am surprised to hear they have more cap space than us; however, if we can be within 100k of their offer we might get him.

As for the Knights, they will throw about 1.1/1.2 his way - circa 400k more than us I would think. Whether that is enough to move out of Sydney to the back-to-back wooden spooners - possibly.

So in summary, I have no idea. Glad to be of assistance.

Pretty easy decision assuming Pearce is not a dummy.

Stay at Chooks and admit you couldn't quite cut it so deserve a demotion

Go to Knights with the other cast-offs and zero chance of a premiership any time soon (that is, admit you couldn't quite cut it)

Join Sharks, and mingle in with the likes of Dugan, Fifi and Moylan who are talented but have off-field histories. Not without a premiership hope but if serious about your footy is that your choice? Really?

Or.. join Manly, a team on the up and up, and prove the bastards wrong by winning a second GF. Money's not everything after all.

Pretty easy decision assuming Pearce is not a dummy.

Stay at Chooks and admit you couldn't quite cut it so deserve a demotion

Go to Knights with the other cast-offs and zero chance of a premiership any time soon (that is, admit you couldn't quite cut it)

Join Sharks, and mingle in with the likes of Dugan, Fifi and Moylan who are talented but have off-field histories. Not without a premiership hope but if serious about your footy is that your choice? Really?

Or.. join Manly, a team on the up and up, and prove the bastards wrong by winning a second GF. Money's not everything after all.

SER8 you left off the most important option:

“Root dogs and that”

He is on the record stating that this is what he really wants.

Also if we have signed Thompson or someone else that would impact the cap

“Root dogs and that”

He is on the record stating that this is what he really wants.

Let him root all the dogs he wants as long as he brings us a title.

IMG_6732.JPG

Yes they said on some site that he has returned , and also told channel 9 that he would be more than happy to play in the same team as the current Australian half ... looks like keary or friend are gone .

Yes they said on some site that he has returned , and also told channel 9 that he would be more than happy to play in the same team as the current Australian half ... looks like keary or friend are gone .
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mi...s/news-story/b5a2ab952c5768adf981cad154920d37
“Obviously, yeah, Cooper is a player you could play with for sure, he’s an Australian halfback.’’

Dunno, doesn't sound too happy to me. It's not said with much confidence or desire. Maybe i'm over analysing like they do in English, but that's not conclusive to anything really. What else would he say? He just seems to not emphasise much excitement

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10