All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The ONLY stop on Pearce coming to Manly would be this distraction relating to salary cap issues and money.
Thing is, he will likely be at Manly - but if not, would easily give Hastings a proper go with Croker a backup before looking for another 5/8 who is not an upgrade.....then....with what should be good enough money - would go hard for Creighton.
Thing is - still think we will have world Pearce soon enough.

The mail I was given yesterday from a source that has direct links to the club, was that Pearce to Manly was still on, the delay is around the structuring of the deal.

I’ve taken it at face value, I’ve had mail that was spot on in the past and some that was off the mark, we’ll have to continue to play the waiting game for a bit longer!

Are the people judging Lamb poorly doing so because they have actually seen him play, or because he was playing for Newcastle ?
Also when they saw him play - early or late in season. He came on as the year progressed which is what you want to see, rather than hot start and fade...

Mate i watched every game , every week .. We dont want anymore average players .. Stick with hastings or croker who are already on our books ..

Actually, we have lost (Indicative):

Nate Myles: $500k (according to various sources)
Brenton Lawrence: $270k (according to various sources)
Jarrad Kennedy: $80k (league min. contract)
Peta Godinet: $80k (league min. contract)
Blake Green: $350k (according to various sources)
Steve Matai: $600k (according to smh)
Brett Stewart: $900k (according to smh)
Billy Bainbridge: (NYC Contract)
(unsure on Lucas Price & Peter Schuster) $160k (league min. contract)
Then the salary cap has gone from 7M in 2017 to 9.4M in 2018
TOTAL CAP LEAVING/AVAILABLE ESTIMATE: 5,340,000

from our top 25 squad last season.

We have THEN acquired:
Lachlan Croker: $100k (league min. contract)
Jack Gosiewski: $100k (league min. contract)
Toafofoa Sipley: $100k (league min. contract)
Kelepi Tananoa: $100k (league min. contract)
Luke Metcalf (NYC Contract)
TOTAL NEW CAP SPENT: 400,000

TOTAL AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASES / UPGRADES / ACQUISITIONS: 4,940,000

From my perspective, even taking into consideration upgrades for The Trbokevic's, AFB, Taufua (if any), Winterstein & Parker, we should have ample to acquire a new half and another forward.

This is also raw cap (no 3rd party arrangements)
I agree that we must have space, although I do believe Walker and Taupau were on back-ended contracts and a few more as well. Pearce is probably our only main recruit (if we have truly landed him), although im perfectly happy with the young forwards coming through

Sea Eagles understood to be eyeing Brock Lamb if Knights sign Mitchell Pearce

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sea-eagles-understood-to-be-eyeing-brock-lamb-if-knights-sign-mitchell-pearce-20171128-gzumgp.html

I think this is the way to go, he'd come at more than half the price and we won't need to offload any players.
I don't think he has shown anything whatsoever at the Knights. Think of him as quite an incapable player actually, always looks like a stunned mullet and mucks up the easy plays. Big, big no for me

The ONLY stop on Pearce coming to Manly would be this distraction relating to salary cap issues and money.
Thing is, he will likely be at Manly - but if not, would easily give Hastings a proper go with Croker a backup before looking for another 5/8 who is not an upgrade.....then....with what should be good enough money - would go hard for Creighton.
Thing is - still think we will have world Pearce soon enough.

On your side Maxta, Pearce is totally confused on what to do and I feel (repeat I feel) and my opinion is, that he's being told innuendo and scares about Manly's Salary Cap investigation and the possibility we will docked competition points by the NRL. He's concerned that we would not be premiership contenders.

I thought that Hastings did an alright job when on the field, more game time, more experience - better he will get?

Problem here is that again - like last year - we all expected Matai & Stewart to get medical retirement - never came. The NRL said nothing but just left this dark cloud hanging over the peninsula. Same I reckon is going to happen on the Salary Cap - will keep saying nothing other than we are interviewing people. By now they should have had time to interview the passengers on bus 704 down Pittwater Road because they pass Brookvale Oval and possibly collected brown paper bags from the tooth fairy.

Anyone of quality is going to say hey hold up, lets see what's going to happen.

Having said that, my concern is whether to get him in the first place. Let's say I'm close to the make that $800K is no longer good enough and we have to pay closer to a $1mil a season for 3 or 4 years to get him. He's 28, will he still be good enough in 3 or 4 years? That would mean what 3 or 4 players on or around same figure? Also should we give the younger guys a chance - how old was Toovey when he got a start? Isn't our greater need some exciting big running props who can do better game time than 12 -14 mins before needing to have a rest?

Happy for him to come but at what cost?

I would love for MP to be playing for Manly and form a spine I think will be one of the best in the comp...however, and we all now know that MP is torn/confused between money at drugcastle or joining us or the guppies, but if he can't chose us above all else then he can go play elsewhere. We want players that want to come to Manly to play and bleed for Manly and not just take the money and hide on the field.

Give him a break. He’s 28 and this will be his last big contract. If we can’t match the dollars can’t blame her him if he doesn’t come. But he will know his days of finals football and rep football are probably over playing behind a beaten pack week in and week out. It’s a tough choice.

I could imagine it would be a tough call on who to go to . Take the cash and be under massive pressure at the knights or go to Manly on maybe 300 k less with less pressure and a comp not to far away .

Lamb was nominated for rookie of the year.
He became a mainstay last season, scoring five tries, kicking 23 goals and a field goal and producing a team-high 10 try assists.

He can goal kick and won't cost as much.
Stats can be deceptive in areas such as these. Trent Hodkinson played with more authority and class than Lamb, and that's saying something given the state Hodkinsons health and fitness is in.

No, no, no, no, no

DCE | Lamb | Pearce
games: 23 | 21 | 20
tackles: 543 | 370 | 465
line breaks: 5 | 3 | 8
try assists: 19 | 8 | 14
tries: 5 | 5 | 7
hitups: 184 | 191 | 219
run metres: 1268 | 1082 | 1298

Last edited by a moderator:
Stats can be deceptive in areas such as these. Trent Hodkinson played with more authority and class than Lamb, and that's saying something given the state Hodkinsons health and fitness is in.

No, no, no, no, no

I know you're being nobly diplomatic Harry, but tell us what you really think about this Lamb bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8