Alleged Leniu incident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This 100%.
5 days to acknowledge and apologise, and only after someone said they heard it and will testify, is pretty poor.
From a Club perspective, the Roosters really dropped the ball here.
As did the oracle ...Robbo..

Spencer messed using up "Monkey". He should've followed Sam Kerr's lead and said "stupid black bastard" and he'd have people coming out in support left right and centre like Sam.
Lol we're a funny nation, look forward to Latrell Mundine's take on Kerr.

Spencer messed using up "Monkey". He should've followed Sam Kerr's lead and said "stupid black bastard"
On the surface they look similar but they are totally different.
One of the reasons I said above that the NRL has to spell out what was wrong with Spencer's comment, as many people in this country don't get it.

Racism is about power, not colour. Isn't it?

Money is power. And I'm pretty sure Sam Kerr is being paid more than a London cop.

Before I go off SER8, please understand that I'm not directing it at you. It's just that your post was a nice segway.

If people want to scream blue murder about what Leniu said, then the least they can do is be consistent. A dumb white bastard. Is she effing kidding ?

What do you think would've happened if the cop called her "a dumb black lesbian" ? Can you say "I'm unemployed" boys and girls ? Let's all say it together. I'm unemployed. Very good.

Condoning what she said and losing your sh1t over the "monkey" comment is the height of hypocrisy. You're either opposed to racist slurs or you're not.

Money is power. And I'm pretty sure Sam Kerr is being paid more than a London cop.

Before I go off SER8, please understand that I'm not directing it at you. It's just that your post was a nice segway.

If people want to scream blue murder about what Leniu said, then the least they can do is be consistent. A dumb white bastard. Is she effing kidding ?

What do you think would've happened if the cop called her "a dumb black lesbian" ? Can you say "I'm unemployed" boys and girls ? Let's all say it together. I'm unemployed. Very good.

Condoning what she said and losing your sh1t over the "monkey" comment is the height of hypocrisy. You're either opposed to racist slurs or you're not.
There are many areas of London where white people are massively in the minority (not that this point should matter anyway). I don't get everyone getting behind her saying she has become even more of a national hero. Either racism is right or it's wrong, you can't have it both ways depending on your skin tone

I really can't do this site anymore. It's been taken over by the card carrying anti woke brigade who wouldn't know compassion or even reasoned thinking if it bit them in the arse.

This thread says it all and it's seriously depressing.

I took the summer off, hoping the tone of last season would improve but, if anything, it's gotten worse. It's just a rabble. There are still some lovely people on here but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

@Dan I know it's your site, but do you really want nothing but nasty bickering? There are very few young people, very few women, and rare is the poster who actually knows anything about the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and their workings .... surely that's why everyone used to be here, to talk about OUR team?

Quite frankly I learn more about them now from twitter, facebook, insta, and various media articles.

I suggest you lift your game @Dan or sell it to the owner of the 49ers - a discussion which would have been raging here in past years but doesn't get a thread because those who are left here just want to argue ad infinitum about how calling any person a name which by it's very definition means subhuman is not really an insult at all.

Thanks to all the posters on here who I've had such pleasure bantering with over the years. Many of you have been great.

But I'm out.

Goodbye

I really can't do this site anymore. It's been taken over by the card carrying anti woke brigade who wouldn't know compassion or even reasoned thinking if it bit them in the arse.

Thanks to all the posters on here who I've had such pleasure bantering with over the years. Many of you have been great.
But I'm out.
Goodbye
Judging people by the color of their skin ,their race or their identity and questioning their Compassionate nature is very naive

This thread is like other threads in our Aussie lives . Where is has people with different perspectives
We live in the Best country in the world and I dont find it depressing I find it a blessing
The moral of the story
Look for the Good in each day and you will feel good each day and not depressed

I wish you Good health and Happiness , Take care feathered friend :h:

F

I took the summer off, hoping the tone of last season would improve but, if anything, it's gotten worse. It's just a rabble. There are still some lovely people on here but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

@Dan I know it's your site, but do you really want nothing but nasty bickering? There are very few young people, very few women, and rare is the poster who actually knows anything about the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and their workings .... surely that's why everyone used to be here, to talk about OUR team?

Quite frankly I learn more about them now from twitter, facebook, insta, and various media articles.

I suggest you lift your game @Dan or sell it to the owner of the 49ers - a discussion which would have been raging here in past years but doesn't get a thread because those who are left here just want to argue ad infinitum about how calling any person a name which by it's very definition means subhuman is not really an insult at all.

But I'm out.

Goodbye
Feel the same way. Unfortunately it’s not much better than the Facebook comment sections on a daily mail article nowadays. Bit of a shame. I actually find the nrl reddit forums to be much more enjoyable and considered. Could be the absence of forum personalities and egos.

I have been on facebook and reddit forums
And they do not compare with our Manly Silvertails forum
The Silvertails forum has the most interesting Manly characters of all
Never a dull moment on our sacred Manly site
The Great thing is that even though we may rage
Our Manly Passion is for the same cause and on game day we are all on the same page
Thank you all for Making our Forum the greatest Manly pre game place to be
God bless you All :h:

You think an unemployed white person can’t racially vilify a black person with more money? That’s patently incorrect, and trivialises the point about power.

Racism historically has been used to divide people, which helps those in power to maintain power. An obvious example, exploited white workers pumped with propaganda variously encouraging fear of Yellow peril, blacks, Arabs etc etc, so they will side with local white billionaires instead of with the exploited yellow black brown etc workers in other countries.

First I didn’t ‘condone’ what she said – I said it is totally different. If you disagree it is totally different, please give a few examples of all the other people charged with racially vilifying a white person. I’ve never heard of one!

here are many areas of London where white people are massively in the minority (not that this point should matter anyway).
No it doesn’t matter so why did you mention it?

Let’s wait till Sam’s case unfolds to find out a bit more about it. Meanwhile I consider it totally different to Leniu calling Mam a monkey.

And also find it unsurprising that certain people are citing Sam’s case as a reason to defend Spencer (not aiming this at you, it's the Talkin sport 'argument' for example)

Hey sorry you're leaving! Wish you wouldn't go!

All those attitudes have always been around, yes this place gives them a platform but also gives a platform to anyone that wants to try to challenge those ideas.

Every year there are several issues in footy-world that bring wider community problems to the forefront. I think there is always a benefit in talking about them. Even though you're not going to change the minds of those with rusted-on beliefs, you can still make points that introduce ideas that some other readers possibly hadn't considered.

The worst problems are 1) those who resort to personal abuse and 2) those such as @BOZO who are determined to repeat their view ad nauseum but refuse to engage in genuine exchange of ideas, which means they are effectively bombing us with spam. (and true, both these are against the ST rules of posting)

Just my take anyway.

Reading through other site forums I would say this site is still leaps and bounds more civilised and dare I say it….respectful. Maybe the bar is low. Gee, I would hate to be a dogs or Eels supporter their sites are indeed true rabbles.
I guess in order to traverse through social media we need to develop more resilience to views that are very different to our own. To some degree it is healthy to have a diversity of ideas. Not everyone is going agree with us and I also think it is healthy ( with limits) for people to be brave enough to say what they really think, not just go along with the crowd to avoid being some kind of heretic to some for saying or thinking differently to them. Btw, I can not find one post that actually endorses racism ( which is not a surprise) the difference in views is in the context…

Reading through other site forums I would say this site is still leaps and bounds more civilised and dare I say it….respectful. Maybe the bar is low. Gee, I would hate to be a dogs or Eels supporter their sites are indeed true rabbles.
I guess in order to traverse through social media we need to develop more resilience to views that are very different to our own. To some degree it is healthy to have a diversity of ideas. Not everyone is going agree with us and I also think it is healthy ( with limits) for people to be brave enough to say what they really think, not just go along with the crowd to avoid being some kind of heretic to some for saying or thinking differently to them. Btw, I can not find one post that actually endorses racism ( which is not a surprise) the difference in views is in the context…
Well said feathered friend
The grass is not Greener on the other Side
and our Maroon Silvertails Site reins Supreme
Because Manly People are a very Unique Breed
We are cut from the Great Maroon and White Cloth
That only Fits the Great Persona of All Manly People
Let us All Understand who we All really are
And Be proud of who we really are
1709851731041.png

Does no one know how hard my life is a middle aged, white, heterosexual male?
***But I do also acknowledge that individuals all experience of injustice, intolerance and the like. And, that being male and white, does not make these issues any less valid for the individuals and groups that they concern. But maybe lets not get drawn into some sort of individualist pity competition and instead focus on creating solutions to some of societies widest reaching problems....e.g. racism

Last edited:
This generalisation of people is limited and a divisive way to look at the world especially in a place like Australia.. People suffer for a countless amount of reasons despite their gender and race. Assuming someone’s level of comfort this way is very limiting and kind of Lazy imo….

This generalisation of people is limited and a divisive way to look at the world especially in a place like Australia.. People suffer for a countless amount of reasons despite their gender and race. Assuming someone’s level of comfort this way is very limiting and kind of Lazy imo….
I agree. How should we be looking to reduce this suffering though?

I agree. How should we be looking to reduce this suffering though?
That’s a can of worms that would likely light up this thread. I would say as a start to look within and try and fix your own faults as we all have them, Just a starting point….

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8