An awfully long shot but, help me find my wedding ring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Made a few phone calls, which police do you call, someone may have found it and handed it in to the police wherever they live, which won't help me much AFAIK their records and cross communication on such things is not that great.

I am resigned to never finding it but worth a try.

I dont think I will ever replace it, it's just not worth it, though we will see, I am sure Leanne would prefer to have me branded, just in case :)

Do you have a photo of the ring?
If you do, try emailing cash converters and other pawn brokers to see if someone has sold it in the last couple of days?

same problem with which cashies do you contact?

Try getting in touch with some dealers in "Çrowe Country" and see if anyone has tried to pay with a wedding ring over the weekend. Once you find out which corner they were working, it should be easy to find the nearest pawn shop/cash converters.

Daniel said:
same problem with which cashies do you contact?

As many as you can obtain the email contacts for.
White pages/yellow pages online would be where I'd start.

HappilyManly said:
Daniel said:
thank you. guys.
I don't hold out much hope I walked back within minutes of losing it and it was already gone.

Have you tried City Rails Lost Propert?
The Metcentre I believe belongs to them.
www.cityrail.info/contact_us/lost_property

Although in that weather, it could have washed down in the drain.
www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/

Your child's welfare is worth more than the sentimental gold ring :angel:

I agree with you about it being just a sentimental thing.

I've been married now for nearly 27 years and I've never had a wedding ring because at the time of our wedding and for many years afterwards, I officially couldn't wear one unless it was cut because of the job that I had at the time (in the RAAF and working on aircraft) as there was the chance that it could get caught and de-glove your finger. Because of that, we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle of putting it on and off every day of the week and have the chance that it got lost.

Vicky (my wife) has the only wedding ring of our marriage and she can't wear it or any other jewellery either as she is allergic and gets a dermatitis type rash whenever she wears any so neither of us wear a wedding ring but we still know that we are married. We have an official piece of paper from NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages that tells us that we are so we don't need a piece of metal to tell us too.

Good luck anyway Dan. I hope that you get it back. :)

Daniel said:
I am sure Leanne would prefer to have me branded, just in case :)

A tattoo ring imitation on your finger in it's place :p

Jethro, you and your wife must get propositioned and asked on dates all the time, given you have no ring to denote you are married.

bones said:
MadMarcus said:
Sorry to hear that Dan. Have you tried calling the police?

Don't be silly mate... They wouldn't take it. They're Police!

I dunno about your faith in the thin blue line bones. They hang around with known crims all the time. Sounds dodgy to me.

Jethro said:
HappilyManly said:
Daniel said:
thank you. guys.
I don't hold out much hope I walked back within minutes of losing it and it was already gone.

Have you tried City Rails Lost Propert?
The Metcentre I believe belongs to them.
www.cityrail.info/contact_us/lost_property

Although in that weather, it could have washed down in the drain.
www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/

Your child's welfare is worth more than the sentimental gold ring :angel:

I agree with you about it being just a sentimental thing.

I've been married now for nearly 27 years and I've never had a wedding ring because at the time of our wedding and for many years afterwards, I officially couldn't wear one unless it was cut because of the job that I had at the time (in the RAAF and working on aircraft) as there was the chance that it could get caught and de-glove your finger. Because of that, we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle of putting it on and off every day of the week and have the chance that it got lost.

Vicky (my wife) has the only wedding ring of our marriage and she can't wear it or any other jewellery either as she is allergic and gets a dermatitis type rash whenever she wears any so neither of us wear a wedding ring but we still know that we are married. We have an official piece of paper from NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages that tells us that we are so we don't need a piece of metal to tell us too.

Good luck anyway Dan. I hope that you get it back. :)

Daniel said:
I am sure Leanne would prefer to have me branded, just in case :)

A tattoo ring imitation on your finger in it's place :p

I'd say she would more lean towards a flashing neon sign

Dan

If you were married in a church, buy another and do a "renewal service" (ie as in get the ring blessed).

If you were married by a celebrant, buy another and do a renewal of your vows.

That way you'll feel the new one is not just a replacement.

Otherwise you just write it off as a bad experience as it's highly unlikely it would be found and returned to you.

But worth trying that's for sure

Not married in a church, but not worth the hassle, I will just write it off an get one next time I get married.....bahahaha

Daniel said:
Not married in a church, but not worth the hassle, I will just write it off an get one next time I get married.....bahahaha

Yeah the next wife will buy you one!!

Who cares about the current one.

Good luck Dan, I really hope someone is honest enough that finds it turns it in for you.

Failing that, you can always buy your wife and yourself a new wedding ring and take your vows all over again :)

Thankfully my ring has never had this much attention before

Daniel said:
Thankfully my ring has never had this much attention before

Your ring seems to be the butt of all jokes here. It's copping a real hammering.

Hope if you get it back it hasn't been damaged by abuse.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4