Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you for proving me correct.

As detailed by others, Schuster himself has never had a bad word to say about Manly. He has always been humble and a polite young man.
Outside of not playing last week due to indifferences with the club. And also his management forcibly claiming the 5/8 role for him without him earning it over one of the premier halves of the past ten years and a club legend. Actions speak louder than words. And at the moment he’s doing sweet **** all to make me think otherwise.

Outside of not playing last week due to indifferences with the club. And also his management forcibly claiming the 5/8 role for him without him earning it over one of the premier halves of the past ten years and a club legend. Actions speak louder than words. And at the moment he’s doing sweet **** all to make me think otherwise.
Sadly - I have to agree. Little effort on the field this year.. overweight - so little effort off the field to get in shape... entitled and demanding his shot at 5/8... a member of the Boycott 10.... sounds like a player you want to build a club around. He is uber talented - absolutely but gee struggling to see where the word team is in his vocabulary... all about me and I from what I can see and wanting to live on the hype but not actually putting in the effort.

There are always many issues that cause disharmony and only those close to the player and Des know what is really going on. What we see on the field is a product of a number of contributing factors. Directing harsh criticism towards a young player and focusing on him looking over weight based purely on the very few minutes we have seen him on a football field the last few months is very poor form and unnecessarily mean.

He was great in 2021 but the critics on here choose to forget that. Some facts other than comments in brackets are as follows:

1. He hasn't play much football at all this season due to injury initially and then being given very little game time.
2. His fitness in these circumstances is below par.
3. We have are a professional organization with fitness coaches. (Are they doing their job? Not so sure the way the team has fallen away at the back end of some games this year).
3. Des did not give him much time on the field even when were down on troops against St George. (Why?).
4. He has not been sent to play for Blacktown and get match fitness. (Why not?).
5. Des rates Foran ahead of Schuster and has done so throughout 2021 and 2022. Foran has played very good football and has deserved his selection. (I expect Des is very unhappy about his old mate going to the Titans. I doubt that was Des's preference or decision.

But hey lets kick a young man in the guts when he is not in the coach's favor and missing selection.

The coach is required to find a way to help players to be the best of themselves. I can't see constantly putting road blocks up as the sensible or constructive way to achieve that goal.

I cant see the rationale in the Neanderthal argument he either has it in him or he doesn't because that is just removing responsibility from those that have the responsibility to help these young kids come through the grades and develop and be able to handle regular first grade football. They need help and mental discipline can be strengthened and taught at any age.

The problem with this argument is how well Schuster played consistently during 2021 so he clearly has it in him.

Mutual Bulldogs fan here, my Dads a mad manly fan so I genuinely support you guys as a second team in some sense, is Davey a solid buy for us? He played really well yesterday in my opinion. Cheers

Mutual Bulldogs fan here, my Dads a mad manly fan so I genuinely support you guys as a second team in some sense, is Davey a solid buy for us? He played really well yesterday in my opinion. Cheers
Give my regards to your Manly Dad .

Andrew Davey may not be a Star rep player but he is the Rock that illuminates the team

Andrew Davey will be great value for you guys . He always competes . Always gives 100%

Like Topine and Palasia
Hands off Topine haha, nah u probably could make a play for him. I hated how Baz and now Potter dont play him enough but play flops like ex-manly great Corey Waddell and a washed Josh Jackson. It’s annoying and i very much see him leaving and joining a club like Manly.

Hands off Topine haha, nah u probably could make a play for him. I hated how Baz and now Potter dont play him enough but play flops like ex-manly great Corey Waddell and a washed Josh Jackson. It’s annoying and i very much see him leaving and joining a club like Manly.
Yeah Andrew Davey is a great buy. Runs great lines and can tackle.

OFF-CONTRACT MANLY STAR FRUSTRATED WITH NRL OVER SALARY CAP

Off-contract Manly forward Andrew Davey has fired a shot at the NRL over the drawn out negotiations regarding the 2023 salary cap.

Davey told AAP that he believes the uncertainty around the size of the salary cap for 2023 has affected his ability to find a new club after Manly told him his contract would not be extended.

“It’s frustrating that it has taken this long,” Davey told AAP.

“It’s a lot of things. A lot of clubs don’t know where they are at because the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) still hasn’t been finished.

“That’s frustrating for the clubs, trying to get their roster together, but also for players who haven’t got a contract signed.

“Like it’s mid-August. What are we doing?”

The current NRL player bargaining agreement expires on November 1, meaning a new one will have to be signed by then, but that will leave Davey and countless other off-contract NRL players playing the waiting game.

The 30-year-old Davey has scored three tries in 29 NRL games since his debut for the Eels in 2020, including 17 matches for Manly this season in a breakout year for the late bloomer.

Three clubs — the Bulldogs, Cowboys and Eels — are waiting for the cap to be finalised and have interest in Davey.

So he has signed with nobody yet?

Des picks him every week, yet Manly don't want him???

Sign him 4 two more years. He is a young 30 year old.

So he has signed with nobody yet?

Des picks him every week, yet Manly don't want him???

Sign him 4 two more years. He is a young 30 year old.
Maybe if there are a couple released he will stay

Maybe if there are a couple released he will stay
Davey was included in the 5 players farewelled at Brookie tonight, video highlights at Manly shown on the big screen and mentioned a few times. After this fanfare, I can't see how he will stay (as much as I'd like him to). Same situation with Marty being farewelled but has no contract for 2023.

Davey was included in the 5 players farewelled at Brookie tonight, video highlights at Manly shown on the big screen and mentioned a few times. After this fanfare, I can't see how he will stay (as much as I'd like him to). Same situation with Marty being farewelled but has no contract for 2023.
Marty, foz, Walker, Davey and...Boyle the fifth?

OFF-CONTRACT MANLY STAR FRUSTRATED WITH NRL OVER SALARY CAP

Off-contract Manly forward Andrew Davey has fired a shot at the NRL over the drawn out negotiations regarding the 2023 salary cap.

Davey told AAP that he believes the uncertainty around the size of the salary cap for 2023 has affected his ability to find a new club after Manly told him his contract would not be extended.

“It’s frustrating that it has taken this long,” Davey told AAP.

“It’s a lot of things. A lot of clubs don’t know where they are at because the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) still hasn’t been finished.

“That’s frustrating for the clubs, trying to get their roster together, but also for players who haven’t got a contract signed.

“Like it’s mid-August. What are we doing?”

The current NRL player bargaining agreement expires on November 1, meaning a new one will have to be signed by then, but that will leave Davey and countless other off-contract NRL players playing the waiting game.

The 30-year-old Davey has scored three tries in 29 NRL games since his debut for the Eels in 2020, including 17 matches for Manly this season in a breakout year for the late bloomer.

Three clubs — the Bulldogs, Cowboys and Eels — are waiting for the cap to be finalised and have interest in Davey.

Thanks for posting.

Seems like in this thread we've been outraged he was going to parra, mildly indifferent he was going to the dogs, but now seems like he's actually without a team. Who'd have thought forum randos don't get it right? lol

Who cares that Davey is leaving. He’s 30 years old coming off a serious ACL injury. Says a bit about the bloke that he’d rather leave than stick around the club that’s spent a whole year recovering him whilst playing him over a legitimate long term player for us in Schuster. Good riddance I say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4