Annesley's weakly excuses presser - 2023 edition!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Annesley: 'I feel for Manly in this particular situation, but it's not because of any incompetence, it's just almost impossible to pick up'.

HAHAHAHHA fukwitt.
Did anyone ask:
Perhaps The rules surrounding The Bunker need changing; such as when a blatant mistake is made leading up to a try -- anywhere and anytime within the one set -- then The Bunker can rule on it.
Either that or get rid of technology completely because it is just getting too confusing and it has changed the sport for the worse.

Did anyone ask:
Perhaps The rules surrounding The Bunker need changing; such as when a blatant mistake is made leading up to a try -- anywhere and anytime within the one set -- then The Bunker can rule on it.
Either that or get rid of technology completely because it is just getting too confusing and it has changed the sport for the worse.
That's what he said, the bunker can only go back to the last play the ball, doesn't matter how many passes, if you had to go back the set of 5 tackles we'd all be asleep, if they had scored from the Martin KO the bunker would have picked it up.

As we thought...........'sorry, Manly, yeah, we stuffed you up again.........'

Really?

We certainly are a bunch of whingers. That's footy. Has been for over 100 years.

We need to be better. I can guarantee Penrith would have held us out b4 half time.

That is the difference. Manly is lazy, soft, undisciplined and unfit. Penrith, organised, focused, disciplined and fit.

Did anyone ask:

No they don't need to change. At full speed, it was anything but obvious - the touchy / ref made a decision.

Move on and fuken defend your line, not bitch and moan.

That's what he said, the bunker can only go back to the last play the ball, doesn't matter how many passes, if you had to go back the set of 5 tackles we'd all be asleep, if they had scored from the Martin KO the bunker would have picked it up.
Yep and I reckon the Panthers player got a call to take that tackle. Smart play.

Really?

We certainly are a bunch of whingers. That's footy. Has been for over 100 years.

We need to be better. I can guarantee Penrith would have held us out b4 half time.

That is the difference. Manly is lazy, soft, undisciplined and unfit. Penrith, organised, focused, disciplined and fit.
I'm not having a whinge - just pointing out that Annesley agreed that it was a knock on in the lead up. I saw that on TV at the time, but the touch judge - who was looking at it in 'real time' - as was I ....... well, it was 'just too quick to pick up'. OK. Specsavers just called - said that you didn't show for your appointment. Would you like to make another?

I agree with you - Manly needs to be better. I've been watching it for more than half of that 100 years, so I have a more than modest sample size of memories to refer to.

Penrith are the benchmark for all the teams in the NRL this year on all the metrics that really matter - that's not in dispute.

Rather than dealing in absolutes, maybe it's preferable to state it in relative terms - 'Manly are lazy, soft, undisciplined and unfit - compared to the benchmark teams.'

Who - amongst our playing group - are really committed to bridging that gap?

I'm not having a whinge - just pointing out that Annesley agreed that it was a knock on in the lead up. I saw that on TV at the time, but the touch judge - who was looking at it in 'real time' - as was I ....... well, it was 'just too quick to pick up'. OK. Specsavers just called - said that you didn't show for your appointment. Would you like to make another?

I agree with you - Manly needs to be better. I've been watching it for more than half of that 100 years, so I have a more than modest sample size of memories to refer to.

Penrith are the benchmark for all the teams in the NRL this year on all the metrics that really matter - that's not in dispute.

Rather than dealing in absolutes, maybe it's preferable to state it in relative terms - 'Manly are lazy, soft, undisciplined and unfit - compared to the benchmark teams.'

Who - amongst our playing group - are really committed to bridging that gap?

Committed to bridging the gap.
Jake
DCE
Croker
Haumole is getting better.

The rest of the first grade squad need to have a hard long look at themselves and be the best they can be. None of them are showing it currently in a consistent manner like the top sides .

Accepted that the whole Vaega, Martin, Clearly $hitshow was an error.

• Martin knocked on (but don't blame the refs, it was a difficult decision)

Wait, what??

Don't blame the refs, it was a difficult deci.....WTF?? It was as clear as day. Everyone seemed to see it live (before any replays) except the officials.

I'm not blaming the officials for last Thursday's loss. We played badly enough in the 2nd half against the top ranked team to make sure we didn't win anyway. But that was 6 points we could have done without giving up and who knows what might have been had we gone into half time 12–6 up instead of it being 12 all.

Wait, what??

Don't blame the refs, it was a difficult deci.....WTF?? It was as clear as day. Everyone seemed to see it live (before any replays) except the officials.

I'm not blaming the officials for last Thursday's loss. We played badly enough in the 2nd half against the top ranked team to make sure we didn't win anyway. But that was 6 points we could have done without giving up and who knows what might have been had we gone into half time 12–6 up instead of it being 12 all.

Mate, we gotta cut the refs some slack per Annesley.
They have a tough job and they can't be expected to get everything right.
We also can't use the multi million dollar bunker to rule on these situations, because of archaic rules the NRL have put in place themselves that could easily be overturned to prevent howlers, but don't.

"it's a very small number of games where the incorrect actions of the officials influence the outcome of the game...."
I'm looking forward to Annusley reiterating these views after a team is robbed in an NRL grand final.

Sooo, what's the difference on them going back to award a penalty three tackle s later and put someone on report ( who subsequently either gets off or fined )?
They do this whilst play is still going on obviously.
There shouldn't be any difference, Penrith "scored"a try so the play has stopped, they have time to go through pretty much anything but no, they can't.

But then again, they stuff up a lot of calls anyway so chances are they would've found that we had somehow knocked it on.

By imposing restrictions on The Bunker - such as being forbidden for ruling on forward passes, and can't go back to a previous tackle when ruling on a try - it contradicts the reason for having The Bunker, which is to get decisions correct.
It's like having a judge in a trial restricted from being able to review all the evidence.

"it's a very small number of games where the incorrect actions of the officials influence the outcome of the game...."
I'm looking forward to Annusley reiterating these views after a team is robbed in an NRL grand final.
have you forgotten the 6 again..... oops i mean last tackle, handover that happened to the raiders a few years ago

Last edited:

No matter how poor they continue to be, NRL referee's continue to be a protected species.

Coaches, players ... they stuff up and its open season for criticism. But poor, sensitive little referees?? Oh no, can't even say anything bad about them missing the blatantly obvious.....smh.

I have always gone by the saying that "The best referee's are the one who you do not notice". Funny how NRL referee's are household names though.....

Again

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Something like the Roosters v Raiders fiasco

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8