Annesley's weakly excuses presser - 2023 edition!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In their defence, on-field refs are making hundreds of split-second decisions, and they are only human. There is no excuse for The Bunker making mistakes.
However, the biggest sh@t-show is the way player managers have hijacked the sport, the sombrero salary cap, mid-season trades, the influx of gambling, match-fixing and the NRL V RLPU disputes. All of these later issues/decisions are made with calm heads behind closed doors and are much more sinister.
Wait a minute, refs are only human you say, well fck me😲

I'm anti The Bunker, although I'm waging a losing battle. It is here to stay, unfortunately.
Therefore, why aren't they using it to determine field goal attempts? The Bunker is used for tries/no tries, so what is the difference? Both are scoring opportunities.
Has a field goal been kicked, or missed, legally? Where the defenders off-side? Did the attacking team use blockers?
If The Bunker starting ruling on field goals it would certainly shake things up.
And what's more, those field goals are often determining a winner of the game. The ruling is in the most critical context, so yes... it should be looked at by the bunker.

I'm not going through his usual drivel but I read this about Hynes

- about his comments to the touchie but I'd (almost) give anything to be at annesley's excuse-a-thons and I'd aske:

The ref talks about respect, but we had to listen to a ref scream and yell at Nichno on national tv, bereating him like a little boy for something he didn't actually do.

Don't you think that for 300+k a year refs should learn some self restraint?
Do you think if refs can't keep a level head, they shouldn't be refs?
Are we expected to believe that after a ref screams at a player that said ref will completely remain unbiased for the rest of the match?

(I wonder what would have happened if Nicho said calmly, during the ref tirade: "I can hear you, sir, you don't have to yell." ?)

edit: For those slow-ish on the uptake, I'm not saying what Nicho did is ok, but Refs should be better controlled then to yell like lunatics.

I'm not going through his usual drivel but I read this about Hynes

- about his comments to the touchie but I'd (almost) give anything to be at annesley's excuse-a-thons and I'd aske:

The ref talks about respect, but we had to listen to a ref scream and yell at Nichno on national tv, bereating him like a little boy for something he didn't actually do.

Don't you think that for 300+k a year refs should learn some self restraint?
Do you think if refs can't keep a level head, they shouldn't be refs?
Are we expected to believe that after a ref screams at a player that said ref will completely remain unbiased for the rest of the match?

(I wonder what would have happened if Nicho said calmly, during the ref tirade: "I can hear you, sir, you don't have to yell." ?)

edit: For those slow-ish on the uptake, I'm not saying what Nicho did is ok, but Refs should be better controlled then to yell like lunatics.
YEAH, I FKN HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE YELL! I CAN'T STAND THAT GOUGH BLOKE EITHER, I WOULD LOVE TO BUMP INTO HIM ON THE STREET. THE BLOKES A BLOODY LUNATIC.

Re: Hynes

“My understanding is that he (Gough) reacted quite strongly because he felt Nicho had been complaining about decisions on multiple occasions during the course of the game and he’d had enough of it at that stage,” Annesley said.

“The match review committee have reviewed the video and audio and spoke with the official concerned and there’s no evidence of any untoward language used and no offence taken by the officials in relation to what was said.

“Players are always going to be upset when decisions don’t go their way.”

YEAH, I FKN HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE YELL! I CAN'T STAND THAT GOUGH BLOKE EITHER, I WOULD LOVE TO BUMP INTO HIM ON THE STREET. THE BLOKES A BLOODY LUNATIC.
Threatening harrassment, or even violence if you happen to come across a ref...pretty brave from an 'anonymous' poster on the internet. Maybe you'll consider deleting your comment.

Threatening harrassment, or even violence if you happen to come across a ref...pretty brave from an 'anonymous' poster on the internet. Maybe you'll consider deleting your comment.
You obviously missed the CAPITALISATION and deliberate ranting which was intended as a joke.

I attempted to portray a screaming lunatic.

Gasp, shock, horror...

No need to get ya knickers in a knot

Mission accomplished.
Anyway jokes are good (in general) but posts that can be interpreted as advocating violence on a ref in the street are obviousy problematic.
Seriously man? You need to find yourself a worthy cause to rail against. I hear that Trump lunatic is making another run for the White House.

Seriously man? You need to find yourself a worthy cause to rally against. I hear that Trump lunatic is making another run for the White House.
fair call, although to state the obvious, isn't it exactly the same 'worthy cause', ie calling out people (such as Trump) who promote hatred and violence. And a lot of Trump's hate speech is also cast as 'jokes' too but as everyone has seen, that doesn't mean there aren't idiots who take it seriously and act on it.

Initially thought that the now confirmed trip or part trip on Koula and the head shot [ even accidental on Jake ] might have been excused a bit by a bunker and ref misjudgment and not intentional .
In the match aftermath with some more scrutiny and with the now probably forced admission by Annesley that they got it wrong [ match officials ] pretty poor show and level of professionalism in reality and all round by the match officials .
Not just resulting in a mildly distinct disadvantage for Manly but totally so in the overall contest of the 2 nd half

fair call, although to state the obvious, isn't it exactly the same 'worthy cause', ie calling out people (such as Trump) who promote hatred and violence. And a lot of Trump's hate speech is also cast as 'jokes' too but as everyone has seen, that doesn't mean there aren't idiots who take it seriously and act on it.
You're comparing my post to an unhinged Donald Trump speech (or post) now? Are you honestly implying that Trump doesn't want to be taken seriously when he addresses his supporters?

Whether calling me a Penrith fan or an alternate poster, you have been targeting me for a while now. Which I don't mind. I find your not so subtle digs mildly amusing.

You're comparing my post to an unhinged Donald Trump speech (or post) now? Are you honestly implying that Trump doesn't want to be taken seriously when addresses his supporters?

Whether calling me a Penrith fan or an alternate poster, you have been targeting me for a while now. Which I don't mind. I find your not so subtle digs mildly amusing.
I haven't called you those things, you may be mixing me up with others. I have wondered whether you were a Broncos fan who has never forgiven Seibold, just because of how you talk about him at times.
But don't read too much into it, I usually comment when anyone posts a 'love to bump into him in the street' type of comment, if you'd been here longer you'd possibly know that. It's not all about you

The Refs , Coaches and Players Weakly excuses Perspective ....

Refs , Players and coaches All are bound to make errors on game day

For Example
Refs are responsible for missed forward passes ,
Players are responsible for missed tackles
and Coaches are responsible for messing up on team selections, game plans and not getting their team up to compete for the full 80 minutes

Given the Fact that Mistakes will be made thought out the Game
It is imperative that teams must be conditioned to be able to overcome adversity to have success
Because Excuses for failure do not build team Resilience
and you are not a failure until you blame others for your own Mistakes .

The Great Resilient Premiership Winning Manly teams Prevailed because they did not capitulate when adversity struck . They had the resilience to with stand the pressure when adversity struck and strike back and Win Premierships
1690244795631.png

That was some of the most pitiful officiating I have seen in the NRL for some time.

Fox didn’t help by not replaying key penalties in the frantic last quarter e.g. the alleged high tackle from Saab that led to one of the first tries or the knock on etc.

An analysis of the timing of the 20 penalties seeing both teams were roughly penalised equally (11/9) would also tell a story.

Makes you think whether the Fix was on or the official was incompetent and lost control. Either way the NRL has a problem if this is first grade standards.

No doubt he'll cover the Hip drop by De-belin and the no try to the drags which apparently he's already covered by supporting Badge in the bunker, not that he could do anything else as the replays showed nothing to overturn the on field decision of no try.

No doubt he'll cover the Hip drop by De-belin and the no try to the drags which apparently he's already covered by supporting Badge in the bunker, not that he could do anything else as the replays showed nothing to overturn the on field decision of no try.
He mentioned the DeBelin hip drop but said he couldn't cover it as it's before the judiciary.
I thought he was stiff to be charged with a hip drop and it was straight out nit-picking by the bunker, how the MRC rates it worse than the Sharks wishbone tackle on Paseka is beyond me.

He spent 13 minutes on the Russell no try, played the full audio, some of which doesn't go to air and explained it pretty well (for him)! I could've explained it in less than 5.
He's the master of spin but if the bunker overruled the onfield decision of no try with the lack of evidence they had, then we'd be blowing up big time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8