Annesley's weakly excuses presser - 2023 edition!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I totally disagree with the Bunker ruling; the Best try WAS a try.
Look at in in real time and there is no question; no reason to doubt it being a try. No reason to even look at it.
The problem the Bunker keeps creating is looking at action in stop-frame. Why? All sport is played at normal speed and rulings should be adjudicated that way.
Manly dodged a bullet with this ruling but you can bet we'll be on the receiving end similar howlers at several stages of this season.
Yep, an extremely tough call on the Knights, there will be stacks of similar ones that will go unchecked.
What did O'Brien say?
"Like looking for pepper in fly ****" or something like that, what a great analogy.

Yep and what is the point of having the useless f#cks on the sideline. They do nothing at all.
That’s as bad as the Best decision. Manly should have been on the attack from a tap 10 metres out.

Instead I think Newcastle scored on that set of 6.

Frick.

Yep, an extremely tough call on the Knights, there will be stacks of similar ones that will go unchecked.
What did O'Brien say?
"Like looking for pepper in fly ****" or something like that, what a great analogy.
They "had to pick fly**** out of pepper to find a reason" (for Best's no try) :rofl:
It sure was a great analogy by O'Brien!

Considering it was a try imo and the bunker got it wrong, I thought O'Brien was remarkably calm about it.

That’s as bad as the Best decision. Manly should have been on the attack from a tap 10 metres out.

Instead I think Newcastle scored on that set of 6.

Frick.

I think Haumole's decision to push somebody over when DCE had the ball 20m out with 3 mins to go. This lead directly to Newcastle scoring to level the match.

Imo has a little more importance than the linesman missing a Manly kick just touching the sideline in general play when the linesman was 45m behind the kick.

Just saying, that decision did not cause us to not win. Move on.

Points from our game:

- Confirmed Best's no try was the right call. (I was convinced they were robbed, but when you actually re watch it, you can see the ball does come out of his hand).

- DCE's kick did go into touch. Miller hit the ball into the line, so should have been a scrum with a Manly feed.

Points from our game:

- Confirmed Best's no try was the right call. (I was convinced they were robbed, but when you actually re watch it, you can see the ball does come out of his hand).

- DCE's kick did go into touch. Miller hit the ball into the line, so should have been a scrum with a Manly feed.
cool, ripped off two weeks in a row

accountability?? none as usual

Points from our game:

Another problem with technology is the arbitrary way it is being used.
  • It is only being used in a try-scoring movement, not for lead-up plays to a try or a match-turning incident/decision. (I know this would extend each match to a boring degree. Best solution: don't use technology at all).
  • It can't rule if a ball goes forward from a pass, yet it can from any other means, such as a dropped ball or a kick, and it can be used to adjudge if a player is off side.
  • it is basing decisions on stop-frame, not real time. Actions and intentions gets skewed in slow motion
Technology has caused more problem than it is solving -- and it is costly. That money could be better used. Our sport is an inexact science, so why do we expect NRL to be CSI?

No one is going to mention their first try came from a forward pass when it was tapped on to the winger?

I think Haumole's decision to push somebody over when DCE had the ball 20m out with 3 mins to go. This lead directly to Newcastle scoring to level the match.

Imo has a little more importance than the linesman missing a Manly kick just touching the sideline in general play when the linesman was 45m behind the kick.

Just saying, that decision did not cause us to not win. Move on.
Worse still, watch Saturday night vs Penrith and Lui will be ripping away our defenders all night without a penalty

No one is going to mention their first try came from a forward pass when it was tapped on to the winger?

I said this while watching live, but the people I was with said I was being a salty Manly supporter, which seemed legit.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

• 😆
Reactions: Dan
I said this while watching live, but the people I was with said I was being a salty Manly supporter, which seemed legit.

Glad I wasn't the only one.
Refer it to Annesley and we can sit through another discussion of forward pass lore

Why bother. Analsley spends every week papering over for the refs/bunker blunders. Pointless exercise.

Nothing on exemption for Eels shadowing the ball over the deadball line being found to be "not playing at the ball".

And nothing but excuses for the referees on hair pulling tackles and NRL can't tell players to get a haircut. Also a mention of the NRLW as some sort of proof how difficult this hair problem is but i couldn't follow the logic of that one.

I dunno NRL, maybe you could, oh i dunno, have a rule in the NRL that says if you have long hair you gotta put it up in a man-bun or net or under the back of the jersey or something.

Nothing on grounding the ball with the back of your hand after you had an air swing?
Of course not, because that would mean the video ref stuffed up.
Unless they've changed the rules...the player has to be attempting to force (ground) the ball in goal for it to be a drop out.

No way did he try and force that, his initial play was to try to pick it up and he got lucky with the vidiot.

If he was trying to force it after his fumble, no way he uses the back of hand - even when he tried to sell it to the ref, the motion he used was of trying to force it with the front of his hand.

They just seem to make it up as they go along, some things they take to nth degree and others are...meh, yeah na...um, where should we freeze the replay to suit.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2