Another win,.. but form is concerning.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MK Eagle said:
KaZa said:
We've won another game.. we keep putting away the average sides.. but since we have beaten the dragons.. we haven't been in peak form.
I thought this was a crap thread from the title then it got worse.
Not been in peak form since beating Illawarra?? Lost that game...
I hope Manly can keep playing so bad & win the GF by 20 points. That way all the doom & gloomers can really celebrate - " We played like s**t & won the GF - YAY "

We were playing our best footy before we played St George. They pumped us and we have been scraping wins since. Never said were playing woefully. Im happy with how were travelling i just was concerned whether we can go up a level to match the storm.

This is not a whinge. Its an observation. Im not saying our team is ****. Im not saying im not happy. Im just saying i hope our form goes back to how it was, as at the moment we are showing signs of weakness in defence.

Geez. You lot cannot hear any constructive criticism at all. Bloody prescious lot.

Why even come on a forum ? To read people going 'Yay we won woohoo' and thats it?

Seriously.

Just can't see the scum beating us this week at all. I reckon we've been waiting 4 this one 4 a few weeks now, and that's why we haven't been at our best the last few games.
That's a sign of a great team, not playing anywhere near your peak and still winning. Im very confident wel see our A game this Friday at Brookie and smash the Scum!

[/quote]
Geez. You lot cannot hear any constructive criticism at all. Bloody prescious lot.

Why even come on a forum ? To read people going 'Yay we won woohoo' and thats it?

Seriously.

[/quote]

You may say it's 'constructive criticism' but it tells me you have not played a sport at a top level. At various times in the season teams do just enough to win. Melbourne do it all the time; take the Parra and Illawarra matches as examples. Yet everybody is tipping them to win the comp.
Just one match earlier we thrashed Easts. But you can't win matches by 30 all the time. These players are human. All top level sport is a balance between mental and physical. It's impossible to be 'up' every match. Didn't Melbourne get thrashed by 30 points earlier in the year? Even Melbourne have lapses.
Frankly, I thought yesterday's win was one of our best. We absorbed plenty of punishment and would have won by 30 points had the match gone for another 20 minutes.

ManlyBacker said:
I reckon we got lucky too. We have dropped off. I dream of another GF win but can see that we need to lift. Anyone saying that doesn't mean that they don't love and enjoy every win as it comes, and wants a win every game. I do. I'll leave it there and hope it is all part of Dessie's master plan for 2011 domination.

Just an opinion and I agree!!

KaZa said:
MK Eagle said:
KaZa said:
We've won another game.. we keep putting away the average sides.. but since we have beaten the dragons.. we haven't been in peak form.
I hope Manly can keep playing so bad & win the GF by 20 points. That way all the doom & gloomers can really celebrate - " We played like s**t & won the GF - YAY "

We were playing our best footy before we played St George. They pumped us and we have been scraping wins since. Never said were playing woefully. Im happy with how were travelling i just was concerned whether we can go up a level to match the storm.

This is not a whinge. Its an observation. Im not saying our team is s**t. Im not saying im not happy. Im just saying i hope our form goes back to how it was, as at the moment we are showing signs of weakness in defence.

Seriously.
1 - Were playing well before Illawarra - not best - that will be in the finals.
2 - The defence has been ok, not great & Pups resorted to kicks because when Manly needed to stand up in the red zone they shut them down including 2 occasions Frank Pritchard would have gone over against 95% of teams.
3 - Can Manly play better - YES!! Heres my point - they won the 08 GF 40-0 , could they have played better YES!! but i celebrated the win like MOST Seaeagles supporters would have & i was....happy - Yay We Won!!.

I find this a little hypocritical, people have responded to your thread - some agree , some dont. Yet your complaining about the people who dont share your observation.
Btw - can you leave your Storm jersey at home on Friday night. :p

MK Eagle i suffer this moronism every time i type a word from all comers because i dont take kindly to trolls and didnt grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth

Seriously.

[/quote]

You may say it's 'constructive criticism' but it tells me you have not played a sport at a top level. At various times in the season teams do just enough to win. Melbourne do it all the time; take the Parra and Illawarra matches as examples. Yet everybody is tipping them to win the comp.
Just one match earlier we thrashed Easts. But you can't win matches by 30 all the time. These players are human. All top level sport is a balance between mental and physical. It's impossible to be 'up' every match. Didn't Melbourne get thrashed by 30 points earlier in the year? Even Melbourne have lapses.
Frankly, I thought yesterday's win was one of our best. We absorbed plenty of punishment and would have won by 30 points had the match gone for another 20 minutes.

[/quote]

I don't recall anyone saying we should have won by 30, mind you I read the optimists saying we will every week before the game.

This thread is not about winning or winning margins. It's about forum members observing that we aren't playing well (despite winning) and that we haven't played well since St Merge beat us. This observation is valid and has been noted by almost all of the games respected commentators.

Posters have offered constructive criticism, they don't expect us to win every week, they don't expect us to play well every week, but we have been down on form for some time now and it is concerning that we haven't played a good 80 minutes of consistent footy recently. We will know for sure this Friday night if they have been just waiting for the big games, let's hope so.

Oh, and for the record, I played Schoolboys Rugby League for NSW as part of my 14 years playing Rugby League, but I'm sure you'll find a way to discount my opinion rather than debate the issue.

They'll be alright - keep the faith brethren. Every player knows its now time to step up from this week on - the business end has arrived.

The combinations are coming together well - though plenty of improvement left of course and Manly are yet to peak.

Its possible Tigers and Storm have already peaked and who knows if St G can regain their form.

Should be interesting to gauge Brisbane tonight vs Newcastle. Hard to play at Newcastle against em but if Bris are going to have form to be in the GF they should be able to put Newcastle away by 10 pts at least.

As you say ralphie we'll know about Manly's form by end of next 2 week's games.

Ralphie said:

Seriously.

[/quote]

I don't recall anyone saying we should have won by 30, mind you I read the optimists saying we will every week before the game.

This thread is not about winning or winning margins. It's about forum members observing that we aren't playing well (despite winning) and that we haven't played well since St Merge beat us. This observation is valid and has been noted by almost all of the games respected commentators.

Posters have offered constructive criticism, they don't expect us to win every week, they don't expect us to play well every week, but we have been down on form for some time now and it is concerning that we haven't played a good 80 minutes of consistent footy recently. We will know for sure this Friday night if they have been just waiting for the big games, let's hope so.

Oh, and for the record, I played Schoolboys Rugby League for NSW as part of my 14 years playing Rugby League, but I'm sure you'll find a way to discount my opinion rather than debate the issue.
[/quote]

Now this is what a forum is for , healthy debate. Dont get a blood blister ralphie. Its not worth it. Peace

How can anyone justify saying we are down on form when a couple of weeks ago we thrashed East, who have since beaten Illawarra and Cronulla, and we beat a desperate Dogs?
Go to the Dogs forum. They are delighted with the way their team played, and are adamant that they would be in the top four had they played that way all year.
Melbourne must also be down on form - they only won by a penalty goal.

jbb/james said:

Guess you must have then gone into a form slump, which you seem to know so much about.

The Who said:
How can anyone justify saying we are down on form when a couple of weeks ago we thrashed East, who have since beaten Illawarra and Cronulla, and we beat a desperate Dogs?
Go to the Dogs forum. They are delighted with the way their team played, and are adamant that they would be in the top four had they played that way all year.
Melbourne must also be down on form - they only won by a penalty goal.

jbb/james said:

Guess you must have then gone into a form slump, which you seem to know so much about.

You obviously didn't read my post and you obviously don't know all that much about footy. I'll say it again, this time slowly so you can understand i t ' s n o t a b o u t t h e s c o r e o r a b o u t w i n n i n g. I t 's a b o u t h o w t h e y h a v e b e e n p l a y i n g.

How many times have you heard a losing coach say he was happy with how they played even though they didn't get the result. The same in reverse a team can be winning and be in 2nd place (yippeee for us) and still be playing poorly.

FFS why is this concept so difficult for you. The personal attacks only show that you don't have a sound argument to offer the discussion.

Like I said before we will know how well we are going come Friday night.

dont think i quoted that stuff mate. I hope you didnt take offence. It was a stuff up in the highlighing area thingy.

jbb/james said:
dont think i quoted that stuff mate. I hope you didnt take offence. It was a stuff up in the highlighing area thingy.

James, I rarely take offence. I'm just trying to encourage discussion and debate. :D

MK Eagle said:
KaZa said:
MK Eagle said:
KaZa said:

This is not a whinge. Its an observation. Im not saying our team is s**t. Im not saying im not happy. Im just saying i hope our form goes back to how it was, as at the moment we are showing signs of weakness in defence.

Seriously.
1 - Were playing well before Illawarra - not best - that will be in the finals.
2 - The defence has been ok, not great & Pups resorted to kicks because when Manly needed to stand up in the red zone they shut them down including 2 occasions Frank Pritchard would have gone over against 95% of teams.
3 - Can Manly play better - YES!! Heres my point - they won the 08 GF 40-0 , could they have played better YES!! but i celebrated the win like MOST Seaeagles supporters would have & i was....happy - Yay We Won!!.

I find this a little hypocritical, people have responded to your thread - some agree , some dont. Yet your complaining about the people who dont share your observation.
Btw - can you leave your Storm jersey at home on Friday night. :p

Im not complaining about peoples opinions. I just dont like the fact that as soon as you question or display some concerns about a performance your deemed as negative or whinging.

I never once stated im not happy with the team or im disappointed. I may not have mentioned i enjoyed the win but i would think that is a given even in Stevie Wonders eyes. I celebrated the win amongst 5-6 Bulldogs fans, i love beating the bulldogs as im a local in the bulldogs area.

Yet im looking forward to see whats next and wanted to have a discussion with people who may bring reason as to whether we can step up like in 08 or dither away like in 09.

If you re read my original post.. theres positives in there too. I was just wondering if anyone has seen a few of the players performance levels drop over the last month or so.. and was asking whether it was fatigue or just get the job done till the finals.

Yet you get an overreaction of responses.

because most are looking for a reason for us to lose or want us to lose..(ralphie):argue:
I hope next weeks thread topic will read.

Finally a loss... but our form was fukn great..

We just have no defence to rebound kicks off our guys heads and intercepts on the half way. Until we can shut these down we will come close to winning the wooden spoon.

These debates are hard at times because everyone is obviously batting for the Seaeagles & see it a little differently. To the point i think the boys can play better- up to 30-40% better. The thing is - we are still beating teams who are fighting for an 8 spot, been humiliated the week before or, as we all know lift against the Seaeagles. If we were losing i would prob be getting caned on here because i wear the heart on the sleeve & would be giving thoughts on who needs to improve & who should be dropped ect. We are winning games few others in the NRL could so i'm happy with that because i know we would have lost those games 09 & 10, the feel has 08 all over it imo & if the boys can't change gears for the big games starting Friday night i'm happy to cop some uppercuts.
Just give it till 9.20 Fri night & if the boys dont have that extra emmo i believe they do, happy to cop plenty!!
Ps - Kaza - like the fact your near Belmore but chose to keep away from the dark side haha ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7