Another win,.. but form is concerning.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
f**k form, get off the sorrow bus and get behind them you lame arse supporters. We are 2nd and coming into the biggest games of the season give the boys the encouragement they deserve and cheer them on to smash those cheating lying scum sucking Drizzle next week. Theyve won all but 1 of their last 2 months of games and that was a dead set refereeing ripoff. They are ready to give it their all for this title so they deserve their supporters to give them the support they deserve.
Onya Mick. Don't worry, we all gave them the support they deserve at Brookie and at the club tonight. They're naturally a bit tired and have some bumps and bruises but will rest up, are upbeat and looking forward to Friday night.
Yes, who'd have thought at the start of the season we'd be 2nd so instead of being negative, be happy.......I am!

Sheikheagle said:
Don't mention the moment that TREX trampled slater, it is extremely upsetting for Darren who is still having nightmares about it.

Your a funny bastard

jbb/james said:
At what stage every week after a win can we sit back, smile and reflect on a job welll done. Not even a few hours after the game apparently

And besides, last weeks form was sketchy but todays game was great, tough, strong,really fast paced against a team that gave it heaps, with a strong strong pack

Regardless of there position on the table the dogs played really strong and todays win was really good . Hows that for footy talk. If you think we are travelling so badly use this week to celebrate and enjoy yourself as obviously we have nothing but pain in store from here on in

When did i say were going badly? I enjoyed the game and the win but im looking at the bigger picture. I didnt even write us off for the finals. Im just wondering how many gears we have to go up to be real contenders. In the end thats what its about.. not slagging the side..

I think we've been looking at the Melbourne game for a while. We play great for twenty minutes, slack off until Des goes nuts at halftime then come out like champions and finish the game, then we play like plonkers for the last 20. I think everyone knows how well we can play but its hard to stay motivated for the whole season.

The Who said:
Geeze I'm sick of so many so called supporters. Manly played their arse off today against a desperate team that would have beaten most others today. The Dogs bashed us, got most of the penalties, and we still won. It was a fantastic game - just the sort of tough matches we have in finals football.
Our guys never give in, and they outlasted the Dogs.
For goodness sake be proud of their achievements. We have a fabulous team to support.

Yeah, I'm sick of it too. All of those "so called supporters" who want to engage in intelligent game analysis and discussion should just stop it now.

Forget about everything you see and think should be discussed and just blindly rejoice in winning the game without any concern for our obvious shortcomings.

You cannot have both joy and pride in our great footy team and then constructive discuss areas we can improve on......it's just not how it's done here at Silvertails. It's time you "so called supporters" learned to tow the line and stop this un-Manly like intelligent thinking.

ayjay007 said:
In Silvertails,we tell YOU what to write!!

That's right big Tony, "True Supporters" tow the line and write only what "True Supporters" want to hear.

To be honest, I'm freaking sick of hearing this poor form bull****.

We are coming second ffs.

We prepare for and do what we need to do to win football games. Next week will be no different. Nor the week after that.

Ralphie said:
The Who said:
Geeze I'm sick of so many so called supporters. Manly played their arse off today against a desperate team that would have beaten most others today. The Dogs bashed us, got most of the penalties, and we still won. It was a fantastic game - just the sort of tough matches we have in finals football.
For goodness sake be proud of their achievements. We have a fabulous team to support.

Yeah, I'm sick of it too. All of those "so called supporters" who want to engage in intelligent game analysis and discussion should just stop it now.

Forget about everything you see and think should be discussed and just blindly rejoice in winning the game without any concern for our obvious shortcomings.

You cannot have both joy and pride in our great footy team and then constructive discuss areas we can improve on......it's just not how it's done here at Silvertails. It's time you "so called supporters" learned to tow the line and stop this un-Manly like intelligent thinking.

Talk your head off, add your valuable ideas, but on friday afternoon, when the work is done and we go to the pub for beers dont be the wanker that has to talk shop.For a few sweet hours after a win, when the beer is tasting sweet and the mood is jovial why do all the football experts that work undercover as bankers, in an office or similar then decide to get out a spreadsheet and scrutinise the fine print

The clubs let the players free so why can the fans do it. Thats all mate. Footy talk is for later in the week ,in what we need to do to beat melbourns etc

Analysts are party poopers on the night of a win. Thats what i reckon anyway

Good times are good times, no one invites the party inspector to parties or the noise police. And even though they are only doing there jobs , NO ONE WANTS THEM AT THE PARTY

jbb/james said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Talk your head off, add your valuable ideas, but on friday afternoon, when the work is done and we go to the pub for beers dont be the wanker that has to talk shop.For a few sweet hours after a win, when the beer is tasting sweet and the mood is jovial why do all the football experts that work undercover as bankers, in an office or similar then decide to get out a spreadsheet and scrutinise the fine print

The clubs let the players free so why can the fans do it. Thats all mate. Footy talk is for later in the week ,in what we need to do to beat melbourns etc

Analysts are party poopers on the night of a win. Thats what i reckon anyway

Good times are good times, no one invites the party inspector to parties or the noise police. And even though they are only doing there jobs , NO ONE WANTS THEM AT THE PARTY

James, I respect your opinion, but that is just your opinion. The solution for you and others who complain about such analysis is when you see a thread entitled "Another win,.. but form is concerning" just don't read it until later in the week or not at all if you wish.

Instead, criticism and abuse is hurled at those who do want to analyse and debate. Do you want this Forum to be just how you want it? I thought this Forum was setup for Manly fans to discuss their team's performance, but I was apparently mistaken.

I also can't believe all this crying,as most of us have stated were 2nd for gods sake are we winging because were not puting teams away by big scores.Try being a saints supporter at the moment they're actually losing wern't.

So you openly want to debate but just not with anyone who has a differing opinion. Nice

look you have a point, I am big for freedom of speech and no arguement I present will convince me otherwise.

In life, people who are forever negative ( not analysts) get more abuse than the eternally happy so i presume they must be used to the criticism, and enjoy the attention and conflict that arises with it. Many believe having a cry and a whinge and opening up a different opinion is analysing and it isnt. Not that it isnt worthy or doesnt have a place. I was wrong with that..... but hiding behind the guise of intelligent conversation is a bit sheepish really

Conflict arises from any differing opinion, negative and positive and we should all embrace it as it gives us all the opportunity to learn about our environment( forum) and grow individually.

So your not into parties i gather from your response

This is my opinion,

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I also can't believe all this crying,as most of us have stated were 2nd for gods sake are we winging because were not puting teams away by big scores.Try being a saints supporter at the moment they're actually losing wern't.

I for one cannot recall a single post that could be described as a Whinge.

I have read many posts from others identifying areas of our play that could be better.

What you and others don't seem to realise is that all of those posters in this and other threads are jumping with joy at our position on the ladder. All of them are deeply proud of our boys and what they have achieved so far. All of them think we can be better this season. All that they have done is have the temerity to identify the areas of our game that need to improve.

Daniel, please issue every poster on this forum who identifies weaknesses in our team with a stern warning. We must stop this dreadful cancer.

I reckon we got lucky too. We have dropped off. I dream of another GF win but can see that we need to lift. Anyone saying that doesn't mean that they don't love and enjoy every win as it comes, and wants a win every game. I do. I'll leave it there and hope it is all part of Dessie's master plan for 2011 domination.

KaZa said:
We've won another game.. we keep putting away the average sides.. but since we have beaten the dragons.. we haven't been in peak form.
I thought this was a crap thread from the title then it got worse.
Not been in peak form since beating Illawarra?? Lost that game...
I hope Manly can keep playing so bad & win the GF by 20 points. That way all the doom & gloomers can really celebrate - " We played like s**t & won the GF - YAY "

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4