Are the Titans Gone????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What's the go with Perth? Is it some big league territory? They really should get another team into Qld where there are fans before clubs need to start flying out there every week. Add to that the fortunes of that club will swing with the resources sector so I don't know how well they'd be going right now...

WA has the largest number of registered players outside of NSW/QLD, with a heap of ex-pat Eastern Staters, Kiwis and even those from the UK/South Africa who prefer their oval ball throw, not handballed.

There have been far more WA developed players playing NRL level, than from any other state, including Victoria.

It's time-zone is also attractive for beaming back to the East.

So there is a good case for getting a Perth side back into the NRL, but that isn't to dismiss the idea of another Brisbane-based one. I'd like to see both appear sooner, rather than later.

But will they watch or will it be West Coast and the Dockers?

They will watch 'their' team. The Reds first season was a big one but it needed to address the issue of playing out of the WACA sooner. But the ultimate impact was the clubs decision to align with Super League; it's core fans were largely traditionalists with connections to the older ARL clubs, so they walked for the last two seasons.

WA has the largest number of registered players outside of NSW/QLD, with a heap of ex-pat Eastern Staters, Kiwis and even those from the UK/South Africa who prefer their oval ball throw, not handballed.

There have been far more WA developed players playing NRL level, than from any other state, including Victoria.

It's time-zone is also attractive for beaming back to the East.

So there is a good case for getting a Perth side back into the NRL, but that isn't to dismiss the idea of another Brisbane-based one. I'd like to see both appear sooner, rather than later.
You'd probably need two in at once to keep the draw balanced...

You'd probably need two in at once to keep the draw balanced...

Agreed, but I think Perths bid is still the best short-term one, given they are still present in the junior grades and are solid with their backers, whereas the Brisbane choices (Jets, Bombers or whoever) have been very quiet up here for the last 12 months.

Yeah exactly - no one in their right mind would go near there no matter how much the NRL guarantees the place and how much they are offering

Don't forget the NRL is backing the club. They could get back on track swiftly if they get DCE. And GI. And Sam Burgess and SBW. That ought to do it.
Dave?

Ashley Harrison just named.
How can any of the board and coaching staff survive this rabble. The club is a disgrace and should be disbanded, not keep throwing millions at it in a hope it might come good.
The NRL is a basket case to go with it. Everyone keeps flapping their gums about the huge potential on the Gold Coast...Note even the Indy Cars once a year could survive.

I honestly can't see DCE signing there. Is he going to tell his wife's parents who live on the northern beaches oh btw I am taking your daughter and grand children to the Gold Coast to a club with a systematic drug culture but don't worry the NRL and Graham Annesley said it would be good for the game if I went there.

I heard from a mate in the know that Cherry is building a home in Curl Curl... Sure he could rent it out, but I get the feeling he wants to stay. Could still sign for Cronulla and live at Curl Curl I guess.

I honestly can't see DCE signing there. Is he going to tell his wife's parents who live on the northern beaches oh btw I am taking your daughter and grand children to the Gold Coast to a club with a systematic drug culture but don't worry the NRL and Graham Annesley said it would be good for the game if I went there.

Love your work @JenEagle

One of their biggest mistakes was calling themselves "The Titans" once they lost the Dolphins name, I would have thought they might have gone with something vaguely Gold Coast, so many options, even "the meter maids" would have been better and more marketable. It pretty much showed the "feel" for the area that they had.
Like the Gold Coast cougars or the Gold Coast milfs

DCE doesn't want to go. His Australian tour was just a bluff to get Manly to up his price. He may have backed himself into a corner though, because I reckon Manly is sick of his manager's sh1t, and the beneficiary will be Foz. DCE may be pushed out if he's not careful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7