Are the Titans Gone????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From day 1 the Gold Coast team should have been run by the Gold Coast clubs and the NRL for the benefit of all Gold Coast rugby league clubs. Seagulls (Tweed and Runaway bay) Burleigh Bears, Tugun Seahawks, Southport Tigers, Nerang Roosters. A board comprised of all club reps and funded partially by the NRL. It's the only way real league people will follow a team here.

One of their biggest mistakes was calling themselves "The Titans" once they lost the Dolphins name, I would have thought they might have gone with something vaguely Gold Coast, so many options, even "the meter maids" would have been better and more marketable. It pretty much showed the "feel" for the area that they had.

gctht.jpg

I was born in Manly, but grew up in Bilambil Valley. Back in the 80's and 90's, the passion of the locals in the Group 18 comp was unmatched. Playing for the Jets I'd been spat on, punched, kicked, urintated on, had stubbies thrown at me, been held so opposition players could belt ****e out of me... All by opposition club supporters! And that's just whilst playing.. Running into players for other clubs out on the drink was ok, but their supporters were dangerous. Full stop.

Bloody jets! Go the mustangs!!!!!!

The Titans have to shoulder a lot of the blame as well as some of the surveilance was taken by the cops on a mad monday harbour cruise.

Where was the club's minders?
When Manly had the Season launch from Hell we were fined $100k for bringing the game into disrepute. I am now waiting for a similar response from the NRL but not holding my breath.

Fast track Brisbane MKII or give Perth the go-ahead.
What's the go with Perth? Is it some big league territory? They really should get another team into Qld where there are fans before clubs need to start flying out there every week. Add to that the fortunes of that club will swing with the resources sector so I don't know how well they'd be going right now...

I find it funny/strange (whatever) that they say if these guys are guilty (lets not hang them just yet ..just buy the rope in case) that they will not play again or next 4 years. THEY WILL GO TO JAIL!

I can not understand the talk about moving the club

If they did it would leave the bongos with an even bigger monopoly (let alone the leg up to the AFL)

The issue appears to be how the club has been run rather than the location - this new crisis could be the best thing that happened to them...it could allow a clean out and a start again from fresh approach

I can not understand the talk about moving the club

If they did it would leave the bongos with an even bigger monopoly (let alone the leg up to the AFL)

The issue appears to be how the club has been run rather than the location - this new crisis could be the best thing that happened to them...it could allow a clean out and a start again from fresh approach
Leg up to the AFL?
puhleese
the AFL is pumping millions into that club and GWS for minimal traction

The suns,gws and titans are plastic clubs devoid odd anything but pins on the imaginary war map

All 3 will and should fold sooner rather than later for the betterment of Australian sport,the Sydney thunder can go with them

How good is Annesley's quote

"We've had enough. We are all over it. The players that aren't involved in this are over it. We want some clear air. We want the opportunity to show the potential this club has."

LOL...I wonder how long he wants for them to show any potential.

What's the go with Perth? Is it some big league territory? They really should get another team into Qld where there are fans before clubs need to start flying out there every week. Add to that the fortunes of that club will swing with the resources sector so I don't know how well they'd be going right now...

Perth being two hours behind us great for TV.

Friday night, two live games , 1 at 730pm, 1 at 930pm ( 730 Perth).

Ditto on Saturday, all three games live.

It's a TV wet dream!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4