Are we being too harsh on Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That had half a season being massively over the cap so you kinda have to that into account. Since they got under the cap they've lost more than won.
They might have lost more than one but they win the they suppose to. Nevertheless what is our excuse, Barret has known for over 18 months he got the job and was doing all the prep when TOOVEY was coaching, all this crap about his first year I don't buy it. He was making big promises to the Manly fans and

Top 8 next year or gone. However I'd get rid of Kelly now for signing a dud sponsorship deal (apparently) and leaving the club low on the funds that could be used to secure another quality half.

I think the big thing we need to look at is have we improved this year? At the start of the year and in the middle of the season we looked diabolical and I was one definitely questioning our improvement, especially in attitude and in defence (which really goes hand in hand).

I would have to say I do think our attitude and defence has been better, but there is still plenty to go.

On the flip side there have been plenty of reasons for a poor season. Injuries haven't helped, walker at 6 (which I will give Barrett credit for fixing) etc.

Next season must be the acid test. No top 8 no Baz.

After the Parramatta loss, we want his head on a platter, yet:

* Parra are clearly a better side, would be equal with the Broncos, and ahead of the Titans, if the hadn't loss their points.
* They are still ahead of our for/against even after being readjusted.
* Parra have beaton us the last 5 straight.
* They were at Pirtek.
* Lyon, Parcell, and Myles were expected to play, but didn't eventuate.
* Ferris drops 3 balls cold, would not do that in his whole career. Turbo drops 2.

We lose by 1 point, over a 50/50 call that always goes against us, after winning 4 games straight, and we say:

"Off with his head!"

Consider what Barrett has coped with:

* First season coach.
* Horrendous run of injuries.
* Off field dramas and match fixing.

All this, and we are still a bolters chance of making the 8, albeit unlikely now.

Sure he plays Walker out of position, but I remember everyone calling for Williames jatz crackers, and now we realise the blokes not too shabby!

I say, give Barrett a break, I can see him being a star of the future... Rant over.

No we are not being too hard on him, he took the role so he can take the criticism. We had a coach of better quality who got similar results with a lesser team and as many injuries etc and he was sacked because it was a result's driven business. Now when Barrett is shown up to be average, management are of the opinion he should be afforded a chance and we have to patient as he is learning??

And if we are at the stage where we think Williame is not too shabby then god help us.

Anyway these threads - **** give them a rest. If people really need to come up with their pathetic sack Barrett takes just dig up an old one and add to that...
**** off Loobs, you holier than thou twat. I have my opinion about Barrett you have yours, I will say whatever I want about Barrett and I will write it wherever I want. I'm happy for you to enjoy your mediocre existence, the next three years should be great for your ego while we watch Barrett flounder whilst you call us sooks for calling him out.

We shouldn't be above the bottom 4 ATM but we are and it's a credit to baz, he has kept this group together. He has made great moves towards the future (Jake Skipper, AFB, Parker, Knight all debuting). He IMO has done really well but he cops to much for some of his failed experiments. Walker to 5/8 been forced upon him because Lyon didn't want to play 5/8 early on and our recruitment was poor in not getting a 6. We've got green now which is great. And also the injuries! So many!!!

Snake (basically all season out with injury)
Matai (Season)
Lawrence (Season)
Hodges (Season)
DCE (missed a lot of games)

And all the other injuries he has done so well.
Sorry Turbo I just can't agree mate.
Jake as a captain is a no brainer so Barrett can't take credit for that.
AFB, Parker & Knight debuted because of Injury not Barrett's foresight.
A smarter coach would have never risked a season by playing Walker at 5/8 and then not having a plan B ready to go.
Injuries are no different to last year or the end of 2010.
Barrett let go Gutherson and wanted to sell Buhrer. DUMB!!

The bloke is useless but Zorba and Bozo will make sure he never leaves because that would admit they were wrong.

**** off Loobs, you holier than thou twat. I have my opinion about Barrett you have yours, I will say whatever I want about Barrett and I will write it wherever I want. I'm happy for you to enjoy your mediocre existence, the next three years should be great for your ego while we watch Barrett flounder whilst you call us sooks for calling him out.
Haha my existence is actually pretty good regardless.

Sorry Turbo I just can't agree mate.
Jake as a captain is a no brainer so Barrett can't take credit for that.
AFB, Parker & Knight debuted because of Injury not Barrett's foresight.
A smarter coach would have never risked a season by playing Walker at 5/8 and then not having a plan B ready to go.
Injuries are no different to last year or the end of 2010.
Barrett let go Gutherson and wanted to sell Buhrer. DUMB!!

The bloke is useless but Zorba and Bozo will make sure he never leaves because that would admit they were wrong.
I would be pretty surprised if Baz had much to do with most of the recruitment

They might have lost more than one but they win the they suppose to. Nevertheless what is our excuse, Barret has known for over 18 months he got the job and was doing all the prep when TOOVEY was coaching, all this crap about his first year I don't buy it. He was making big promises to the Manly fans and

Are you saying Barrett was the one who pulled DCE's first contract in Dec 2014 just over 18 months ago?

No

**** Barrett

He's had the same sort of year that Toovey did last year with a much better squad and props other than Clarice

He should be fired after hiring an obsolete old **** and replaced with a dumb rookie with bad hair, his support should also be replaced with the worst available replacements known to man

could you please change your avatar .... its freakin me out :eek:

Barrett was always on a hiding to nothing
The rookie coach has made plenty of rookie decisions or are they his decisions , well i hope so . Cause to bring in players like Moltzen, John, Green and then Wright and releasing Gutherson . Persisting with Walker at 5/8 , are just a couple . If they are decisions motivated from within we are in trouble
Injuries have played a part as have short turnarounds
An example of Barrett still struggling with his decisions were evident on the weekend , Naming Walker at 5/8 and spending the majority of his time in the centres it looked at times we had 4 centres playing with Green just hanging out there all to often yeah he is suppose to be an edge running forward but he brings nothing to this team (he made 7 runs for 40 m)
We played with no other option for DCE and everyone could see . Did we change it at 1/2 time No
These decisions come back to Barrett the Rookie coach
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt being this is his first year
Next Year he is not the Rookie get results or your time is up Barrett

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about our coach, positive, negative or " in between" as I am.

No doubt he's a rookie and has made some rookie mistakes but to think it's solely him making recruitment, selection and game plan decisions is ludicrous.

After all that's why we have a " Director of Coaching" isn't it??

Everyone's entitled to their opinion about our coach, positive, negative or " in between" as I am.

No doubt he's a rookie and has made some rookie mistakes but to think it's solely him making recruitment, selection and game plan decisions is ludicrous.

After all that's why we have a " Director of Coaching" isn't it??

Well That's it isn't Mark
Surely Barrett isn't making these decisions on his own
That's what concerns me ,If Barrett was the sole man of the final say you could excuse some of his decisions .But he suppose to be surrounded by all these major experienced figure heads

To be honest, we have been a bit harsh on him given that we thought tooves was hard done by with the injury toll last year. Barrett has had to navigate similar circumstances.

The real test is next year.
The base to this argument is that he is getting paid anything from $200k north a year, if I was to get a position with that income, would my boss give me a year to achieve before I got fired fo not delivering, unlikely, no different here, he just does not come across as a coach that commands respect

The base to this argument is that he is getting paid anything from $200k north a year, if I was to get a position with that income, would my boss give me a year to achieve before I got fired fo not delivering, unlikely, no different here, he just does not come across as a coach that commands respect

But by that same argument, management would have been justified in punting tooves given he probably was on more $$ than Barrett? Which is something I disagree with emphatically.

Well That's it isn't Mark
Surely Barrett isn't making these decisions on his own
That's what concerns me ,If Barrett was the sole man of the final say you could excuse some of his decisions .But he suppose to be surrounded by all these major experienced figure heads

And I wonder why Silvertailers are " mainly" just picking on Barrett and to an extent Cartwright.

The fact that Seibold is deserting the ship tells me alls not well at " Camp Narabeen".

And I wonder why Silvertailers are " mainly" just picking on Barrett and to an extent Cartwright.

The fact that Seibold is deserting the ship tells me alls not well at " Camp Narabeen".
Or it's the usual story - team A is throwing more cash at someone than team B.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6