Are You Renewing Your Membership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are you renewing your Membership?

• Total voters
Tooves was asked to sign a confidentiality agreement when he was penn-knifed, which he declined to do. I doubt he'll get everything he is owed.
I really hope he puts out a book.
I hope he does to. What a great read it will be

was it your club in 1995-1997?

Not having a go at you, but we are not the most hated club in the league for no reason; it's because we have always poached players.
No, and Manly fans should not buy into that fictitious version of history.
Players were never poached, players chose freely to come and play for Manly. We were hated due to jealousy of our success, including jealousy of our success in being able to attract players. There was nothing unfair or illegal about it. The hatred was whipped up by vested interests who wanted an excuse for their own clubs' failures, pure and simple.

No, and Manly fans should not buy into that fictitious version of history.
Players were never poached, players chose freely to come and play for Manly. We were hated due to jealousy of our success, including jealousy of our success in being able to attract players. There was nothing unfair or illegal about it. The hatred was whipped up by vested interests who wanted an excuse for their own clubs' failures, pure and simple.
The big money on offer at Manly had a lot to do with players "feely" choosing to come! You're entitled to your opinion, but Manly have always purchased players from others clubs and I am totally OK with that. I'm not going to change the way I feel about the club because they've started spending up big again and that was my initial point.

Last edited:
I see they progressed to real live people ringing up recalcitrant members on Friday. Probably a last ditch effort to lock people in before the release of the draw.

I renewed our memberships and season tickets. I am regretting it now..... so many games we wont be able to attend.

I said to my wife only last night I have to renew my membership and she said merry Xmas I done it Wednesday for you.

We're not Robinson Crusoe
That's for sure! The alternative involves spending season after season at the wrong end of the ladder and when that starts happening, I don't think too many people will take comfort in the fact that our team is "home grown" and full of 30+ year old dinosaurs that can no longer compete at the elite level.

We're not Robinson Crusoe
True. Can't name one team that doesn't try their hardest to buy the best possible team. Brisbane has almost ten times the population size of the Northern Beaches to source their locals. And yet, even with this massive excess, they still look for players outside their local area. Walker seemingly being the latest example.

Last edited:
The big money on offer at Manly had a lot to do with players "feely" choosing to come! You're entitled to your opinion, but Manly have always purchased players from others clubs and I am totally OK with that. I'm not going to change the way I feel about the club because they've started spending up big again and that was my initial point.
In a lot of cases, if they didn't come to Manly they would have gone elsewhere. Clubs like Souths and Wests weren't just struggling to pay a decent player, but also offered some pretty ordinary facilities and conditions. Manly, Canterbury and Easts were constantly able to offer opportunities beyond the amount paid, so some very good players felt little reason to continue being underpaid for their services.

Manly got a bad wrap for doing nothing different to 3-4 other clubs. We get targeted simply because we actually converted those purchases into premiership players.

IMG_20151209_140727.jpg

Anyone got theirs yet?

Nope. Still haven't given in and don't plan on doing so. The club wanted everyone who was pro Tooves gone.
I will assume they don't want my membership as I was pro Toovey. I'm simply doing what they want.
I am pro Tooves and I am a member . No one is bigger than our club not even you Mr bones :)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8