Are you watching Tooves?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mauler - 2nd vs 5th right now. That's all that matters.

DSM5 - Because that is our opposition. You HAVE to measure yourself against your opposition - that's what sport is.

They are 12 wins, 5 losses and a differential of plus 148
We are 10 wins, 6 losses and a differential of plus 67

To be the best, you have to beat the best. BUT, you also have to be consistent. Toovey inherited an All Star team - he'd really have to struggle NOT to win.

My concern is the signs I'm seeing in our team we haven't seen for a long time. Sloppy defense. Losing to bottom ranked teams.

These things predominantly don't happen to Des Hasler lead teams.

My concern as well, is that The Bulldogs, who are coming second, are consistently adding blue-chip players (Williams, Inu, Perrett - who we all know will excel under Des), yet we seem to losing all of our young and up and coming players in (Williams, Lussick, Harrison, Whare, Oldfield, Hopoate - whole clan etc etc etc)

They are going to be stronger next season.

We'll be strong I have no doubts, but at some stage our older brigade will (and I believe are to some degree) running out of steam.

Then again, I am over the moon about the Sao, Chee Kam and Fa'aso signings, but apart from Fa'aso, do we really think these other players will be tasting 1st grade in the next year or two?

Ryan, it is inevitable that at some point a Des coached dogs team will be better than Manly. That is the bad news.

The not so bad news is that its not Toovey V Des thats to blame. Its thanks to the salary cap and the competitive cycle of the NRL competition.

Ryan said:
Mauler - 2nd vs 5th right now. That's all that matters.

DSM5 - Because that is our opposition. You HAVE to measure yourself against your opposition - that's what sport is.

They are 12 wins, 5 losses and a differential of plus 148
We are 10 wins, 6 losses and a differential of plus 67

To be the best, you have to beat the best. BUT, you also have to be consistent. Toovey inherited an All Star team - he'd really have to struggle NOT to win.

My concern is the signs I'm seeing in our team we haven't seen for a long time. Sloppy defense. Losing to bottom ranked teams.

My concern as well, is that The Bulldogs, who are coming second, are consistently adding blue-chip players (Williams, Inu, Perrett - who we all know will excel under Des), yet we seem to losing all of our young and up and coming players in (Williams, Lussick, Harrison, Whare, Oldfield, Hopoate - whole clan etc etc etc)

They are going to be stronger next season.

We'll be strong I have no doubts, but at some stage our older brigade will (and I believe are to some degree) running out of steam.

Then again, I am over the moon about the Sao, Chee Kam and Fa'aso signings, but apart from Fa'aso, do we really think these other players will be tasting 1st grade in the next year or two?

If the Bulldogs had the injuries and suspensions that Manly have had they would be outside the 8

Tooves is doing a fantastic job

Ryan said:

For starters Ryan, Manly have had a fair few defeats by low ranked teams, even under the dog's watch.

Secondly they have a heap of players off contract and therefore can afford to buy blue chip players.

Thirdly we have been a very successful team over the last decade and the price for winning premierships is that players in those teams push up their asking price hence putting pressure on our salary cap.

And finally, wasn't it the dog who extended the contracts to some of our less stellar players rather than focussing and trying to retain our big guns and a few younsters.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7