ARL cant be that stupid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course I am, DSM.  lol.  It's precisely because I notice it with me that I wondered whether you've noticed yourself filtering everything you see through preexisting beliefs.  :)

And Fro, maturing to school certificate age is just a dream, mate. :)

Life experience colors everyones POV Rex.

When you get some you'll know what we mean.

Interesting we agree on that one, DSM.  There may be hope for us yet! :)

It's a good story - the one where you know my life experience Fro.  Happy dreams.

Where did I say I knew anthing of the sort rex?

I'm more interested in cutting my toenails than hearing your stories

I like the way Fro & DSM5 are accusing Rex of being the naive one when they're the ones believing the salespitch.

Quite ironic really.

thanks for your input Duff, thats on a par with your usual standard.

When did I accuse anyone of Naivety ??

and where did I say I believed in any more than the broad theory??

Irony is you trying to hold your own in any discussion.

Cheers Fro, using the personal attack method now I see. (I wont get drawn into it, I'm a fan of your spelling cop work).

If you look up a couple of posts you'll see the bit where you say that Rex has no life experience. That is both who you accused and where you accused them of naivety.

Any belief in anything that those involed in superleague ever said is a naive view. It was 100% bollocks. Anything that may have been truthful was only so by accident. The broad theory of superleage was to buy the game so they don't have to pay for rights & set up franchises in the best possible market sectors for pay TV. There really isn't much to support there.

Own held.

if you say so champ,far be it from me to burst your bubble.

Maybe you are confusing accusation with sarcasm?

Communism may be good theoretically too, but doesnt mean one supports all those atrocities committed in its name.

Give him enough rope DSM....

Just because you make a comment in a snide manner doesn't mean it's sarcasm.

The difference between communism and superleage is just as you say, communism is good in theory.

The game needed to expand, not contract. More teams, not less.
For those who say that SL was about expansion, they wanted to make a 20 team comp into a 12 team comp. How does that equate to a good theory?

Anyway, this sounds like it's starting up again & it's already 7 pages long. We know by now who are the capitalists & who are the communists of the football world on this forum by now.

You can just never be right if you believe that what happened to so many Sydney clubs and their supporters (us included) is justifiable while the Broncos, our guests in the NSWRL, attempt a takeover. There is no merrit, anywhere.

"You can never be right"

Fark me I thought there were some arrogant posters on here but that tops the lot.

All yours tosser, I am following my own advice to Rex and withdrawing.

And BTW just because you say the game needed to expand, doesn't make it so sweety.

Enjoy your little world, popn. 1

DSM5 link said:
Don't jump in at this late stage Duff.  Have a beer instead.

Good advice DSM5. I stopped on this thread ages ago and stick to chilling my vocal chords with leftover "For the love of the Manly Sea Eagles NRL Premiers 2008" amber fluid. Drinking it and looking at the can is a pleasurable reminder.

DSM5 link said:
Don't jump in at this late stage Duff.  Have a beer instead.

Having a wine now.

I was in earlier but evry time I checked back there was another page or two added. I gave up initially but just couldn't believe the way you two were smashing Rex when he was right. Uncalled for.

Duff link said:
The game needed to expand, not contract. More teams, not less.
For those who say that SL was about expansion, they wanted to make a 20 team comp into a 12 team comp. How does that equate to a good theory?

Are you suggesting 20 teams was not enought Duff? If thats the case, you are seriously deluded. We struggle to get crowds as it is.

Do you get rid of profitable and popular teams like Manly just to keep a team in Adelaide, in order to sell Pay TV???  Happy for teams to die but to force teams to merge and fold was never on. Game was healthy in 95 and I reckon if Mr Murdoch had his time over again he wouldn't have bothered.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8