As fans you all deserve better.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
He was clearly trying to discuss his thoughts on the matter, everyone is so touchy and closed minded that as soon as you see a supporter of another team you fire up.

Personally I think Mr.Invisibles points are very valid and stated fairly without need for anyone to sling abuse.

No need to be so sensitive guys
Personally Daniel I dont believe no one really gives a @#%!!! about the most envied team in the competition except us passionate and sensitive Manly supporters . Whats this crap about that we deserve better ??? Since 2008 we have been in 3 Grand finals and have won 2 . Since 2008 the dogs the team with all the money and the best CEO in the business have only delivered a wooden spoon !!! What hyprocrisy what a joke !!!
We are the Mighty Sea Eagles. We have potentially the best coach in the game . We have a proud winning culture . We are confident of keeping the best halves in the competition that will lead us to success in years to come . How much better can this get !!!

This is what our CEO David Perry said about the Cherry-Evans contract speculation: "Daly Cherry-Evans has always been a key priority for the club and we are working closely with Daly's manager to ensure his long term career with the Sea Eagles."
"Daly has expressed his desire to stay with the club and we are doing everything possible to make it happen. We are confident of a positive resolution

MrInvisible said:
First and foremost, most of you know I'm not a Manly supporter, but a Bulldogs supporter.

Common ground however is sick to death of reading every single day about Foran this, Cherry-Evans that. We want and we all deserve Rugby League talk, NOT contract talk.

That said, first it was Des and the Manly bigwigs not keeping him happy. Was he sniped by our club, or was he unhappy with the length taken to upgrade his contract. Many believe it was us sniping him, but take a look now.

DCE and Foran SHOULD have been wrapped up by now with suitable contracts for the future, not waiting till the last minute and deciding "oops we haven't resigned them".

Remember your team also got a million + for winning the grand final.

As fans you all deserve better, and you all deserve answers (or at least the decency to know what's going on), from the men that hold the money in your club.

History appears to be repeating itself first with Hasler, and now with DCE, Foran, and others.

Very soon like a tower of cards, it's going to come crashing down, and the fans will be the ones who lose out. If it was my club I'd be beyond peeved off.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think someone is deliberately trying to run Manly into the ground. How can a club that has the same salary cap as everyone else, plus extra money from winning a premiership, blatantly overlook contracts for up and coming players.

Sorry if this post annoys the Manly diehards, but I'm actually on your side on this one. It's not the intention to troll, but to actually feel a bit sorry for you all, it's a real joke how the contract situations have gotten this bad.

I hope you actually retain the players you want, as NO team deserves to be torn apart due to people who handle the money not managing it correctly.

Mate, it doesn't get any better than being a Manly supporter. Surely we shouldn't expect more

I didn't mind Mr I's comments, and despite being a Dogs supporter he's clearly a football fan.

Some of his comments though are "perception" not "fact"...we now know that the Manly Board isn't dysfunctional and never was. Two people within the club were doing their best to destroy the club due to the board saying "enough is enough" and employing a smart savvy COO who "has done", and continues "to do" the hard yards to get this great club back to where it was.

I agree with Mr I that as fans we are sick of the whole deal, but we never started it.....his coach did!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
I didn't mind Mr I's comments, and despite being a Dogs supporter he's clearly a football fan.

Some of his comments though are "perception" not "fact"...we now know that the Manly Board isn't dysfunctional and never was. Two people within the club were doing their best to destroy the club due to the board saying "enough is enough" and employing a smart savvy COO who "has done", and continues "to do" the hard yards to get this great club back to where it was.

I agree with Mr I that as fans we are sick of the whole deal, but we never started it.....his coach did!!

You nailed it mark.
The ego manic and the whiteant are both gone. The board is 100% behind the COO the club is in the black ATM. The only issue we have is that we are playing by the rules in relation to the salary cap and paying for our on field success.

Can I also add Paul Kent is a lying cretin we have the money to pay the cap.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Spot on. You know.., you're not as silly as you look Mark.

You feel sorry for the fact that we are premiers and we havent lost a game yet. Your whole post is based around your wish list. It aint gonna pan out that way so take a chill pill and go back to being invisible.

TerryRandall said:
Daniel said:
He was clearly trying to discuss his thoughts on the matter, everyone is so touchy and closed minded that as soon as you see a supporter of another team you fire up.

Personally I think Mr.Invisibles points are very valid and stated fairly without need for anyone to sling abuse.

No need to be so sensitive guys

I disagree. In the guise of his supposed concern for the greater good of the game or some other noble cause, he is actually taking a not-very-thinly disguised swipe at this club and its management. And I find his tone smug and sanctimonious. The less naive among us can see what his real motivation is.

Have to agree, that was the way that i read the initial piece also.

conanu said:
You feel sorry for the fact that we are premiers and we havent lost a game yet. Your whole post is based around your wish list. It aint gonna pan out that way so take a chill pill and go back to being invisible.
I can just feel the sentiment the Invisible one will have for us when his Hasler and his dogs come up against the Mighty Sea Eagles . What a Farkin joke :mad:

bones said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Spot on. You know.., you're not as silly as you look Mark.

Silly....me.....never.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks...the above is very close to the money....and discussions I have had with a lot of the parties directly involved suggest that this is the case. Hear it from one, could be just their take, from two, more credible, when you hear it from many....it's pretty much fact.

Don't forget MrInvisible that the million dollars can't be used to pay players if we have used the full salary cap. I guess you wouldn't understand that though after what happened in 2002.

Mutt fans cannot grasp any salary cap issues as their whole team is worth about a dollar.

It's hilarious reading their posts - they are all barracking for Trent Dogkinson to be offed on account of him being ****. It's classic.

I don't understand the angst and anger towards Bulldogs supporters on here, I really don't.

I often read (and in some cases participate) in opposing teams forums. It's always interesting to get the viewpoint from someone without that teams coloured glasses on, and over at The Kennel we enjoy input from sensible Souths and Panthers fans on the forum. Rather than shouting down the opinion of someone who might not put on the same jersey as you to head out to a weekends game, you should be considering why they are voicing an opinion in the way they are. IF I was trolling, believe me I'd be doing a much better job at it, and I'd have posted far more controversially on here. You'll find my previous posts are either factual, or level headed.

My main point here is how a club can let player contracts get to the situation they are in now. As a Bulldogs fan we've lost big names before, but like (seemingly) every other club in the NRL, contracts are spaced out evenly, and players ensured they are locked up before "it" hits the fan in the papers.

Again as Daniel mentioned it may be a case of media manipulation attempting to blow a minor revision of contract into a major story, but at the moment it seems there is more to it. If most other sides in the NRL (previous premiership winners or not) are renewing/upgrading contracts in a timely fashion, surely as a fan of Manly you have to raise the question why these players have not been looked after before ... well.. now.

Rather than wait for a player to kick up a stink about wanting more money, a clubs management should be proactive enough to upgrade the contracts of future talents, and make allowances for contract upgrades before the player comes asking for one.

Perhaps it's like the Tigers, where someones been a bit over ambitious and signed up too many players to allow for contract upgrades in the cap, I don't know, but it just seems a dis-service to the loyal fanbase to have to clean out a large number of players because you've failed to be proactive and secure a player before contract talks have arisen.

To me it seems like the Manly bigwigs are constantly putting off contract upgrades/renewals, until their hand is forced. This coupled with backloading a lot of contracts previously was just asking for a problem down the track, as everyone is now seeing.

Give it a couple of years mate, you'll know exactly how it feels. ;)
Until then, please don't keep sprouting the obvious. We know.

bob dylan said:
If we don't sign some players very soon our 2014 side will be Buhrer Watmough King and Kite plus 21 park footballers

You forgot about Matai - and, all going well, Foran and Glenn - as they're all signed to end 2014, but that's about it.

However, I get your drift and agree!

MrInvisible said:
I don't understand the angst and anger towards Bulldogs supporters on here, I really don't.

I often read (and in some cases participate) in opposing teams forums. It's always interesting to get the viewpoint from someone without that teams coloured glasses on, and over at The Kennel we enjoy input from sensible Souths and Panthers fans on the forum. Rather than shouting down the opinion of someone who might not put on the same jersey as you to head out to a weekends game, you should be considering why they are voicing an opinion in the way they are. IF I was trolling, believe me I'd be doing a much better job at it, and I'd have posted far more controversially on here. You'll find my previous posts are either factual, or level headed.

My main point here is how a club can let player contracts get to the situation they are in now. As a Bulldogs fan we've lost big names before, but like (seemingly) every other club in the NRL, contracts are spaced out evenly, and players ensured they are locked up before "it" hits the fan in the papers.

Again as Daniel mentioned it may be a case of media manipulation attempting to blow a minor revision of contract into a major story, but at the moment it seems there is more to it. If most other sides in the NRL (previous premiership winners or not) are renewing/upgrading contracts in a timely fashion, surely as a fan of Manly you have to raise the question why these players have not been looked after before ... well.. now.

Rather than wait for a player to kick up a stink about wanting more money, a clubs management should be proactive enough to upgrade the contracts of future talents, and make allowances for contract upgrades before the player comes asking for one.

Perhaps it's like the Tigers, where someones been a bit over ambitious and signed up too many players to allow for contract upgrades in the cap, I don't know, but it just seems a dis-service to the loyal fanbase to have to clean out a large number of players because you've failed to be proactive and secure a player before contract talks have arisen.

To me it seems like the Manly bigwigs are constantly putting off contract upgrades/renewals, until their hand is forced. This coupled with backloading a lot of contracts previously was just asking for a problem down the track, as everyone is now seeing.

So you come here to discuss football matters?

What about the cancerous mole who re-signed our "front row" stocks when he'd already put pen to paper with another club? What do you think about that? Isnt it really disgusting?

Seriously our front row is ****house and has been carried by our amazing back row for since 2009,Kite plays brilliantly against melbourne,he is a ****ing machine against the scum but thinks he is a halfback for the rest of the ****ing season,King with his 4metres in origin (And a THOUSAND tackles),McRose who hasnt cut the grade this year and Joe who should be in a retirement home,Lussick....the less said at this point the better,ill judge him after he has played another 10 games because he was **** against the tigpies

Dont get me wrong,i love what the front row has done for the club and as people but as first graders....yeah wouldnt get on most teams benches,our backrow however would replace any in the NRL

Now thanks to the cancerous mole our house of cards is falling,as it fell for the Northern Eagles debacle years ago,but the one thing ill always love about manly is its resilience in the face of "oh get ****ed" and "oh my ****ing god!!!"

It will rise from the ashes like our name would have been if the bears had a say (Northern Pheonix) and swoop down on the telstra premiership and BRING THE ****ING TROPHY HOME BABY!

Then ill hold it again at the WCC breakfast and shake like a bitch because its shockingly heavy!

MAAANLY!!!

BRED NOT BOUGHT!

Jonesyv2 said:
Roll on troll, no one is falling for it mate.
I feel for the Invisible one and all those suffering dog supporters who support a club that has so much money and their last prize has been an embarassing and humiliating wooden spoon . The late great Peter Moore would be rolling in his grave at the way this dogs administration have destroyed all his hard work in turning the bulldogs to a successful family club .
Mr Invisible clean up the dog **** in your own back yard before you come one here and start feeling sorry for us .

MrInvisible said:

My advice is concentrate on the ones that point out the flaws in your argument fairly and put up a good argument.

Let me show you how its done:

- The Bulldogs have re-signed players over the past year but before then they:

1) Lost Sonny Bill Williams, Willy Mason, Braith Anasta, Johnathan Thurston and Roy Asotasi, Steve Price just to mention a few off the top of my head.

2) In 2008 they bought 8 new superstars to fill their ranks for 2009.

3) Their retention was SO good that they needed to buy another 8 superstars in 2010 for the 2011 season.

4) 2002 they retained players by rorting the cap.

Now, lets look at Manly:

1) Players still at the club who signed pre - 2007: Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Steve Matai, Anthony Watmough, Jason King, Brent Kite, George Rose, Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin

2) Superstars we've lost (that haven't retired) since 2007: Michael Monahan (to the UK), Michael Robertson (to the UK), Steve Menzies (to the UK), Shane Rodney (to the UK), Steve Bell (to the UK), Matt Orford (went to the UK, now retired), Trent Hodkinson (Bulldogs), Will Hopoate (Morman/Eels), JWH (Roosters), Glenn Hall (went to UK, now at Cowboys), Heath Le'Strange (to the UK)

3) Young guys we brought in and made superstars since 2007: Tony Williams, David Williams, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Will Hopoate (gone), Trent Hodkinson (gone), Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, JWH (gone)

And all that is off the top of my head, I'm sure I've forgotten someone.

My point is, you knock our ability to retain players. However, when you have a superstar team that turns your juniors into superstars as well, you are likely to either be right near the cap or you will start to lose some of these players. If you don't drop them then you turn into cheats like the Bulldogs in 2002, or the Storm from 2006 - 2010.

No Bulldog fan ever has a right to argue about staying under the salary cap because they have rorted it before. No Bulldogs fan can ever lecture us about re-signing players when they can't do this themselves and have to buy new people every 3 years. No Bulldogs fan has a right to talk about Manly and the way we operate because we have 2 premierships in 4 years and have still been able to retain most of those stars, while the Bulldogs leak players and junior like no tomorrow and haven't won a premiership since 2004.

Bulldogs fans have no right coming onto a Manly forum telling us how bad our operations are when they have bought Manly staff to improve their own operations.

Finally, no Bulldogs fan has a right to tell us how to retain our juniors when the only two juniors your club has bred in the past couple of years to make something of themselves are Ben Barba and Daniel Harrison. Guess what? We have Daniel Harrison right here at Brookvale, so thanks for that. Oh, and he's one of our Juniors anyways so you I guess you bought him as well.

The last 2 points I make are simple:

1) I have mentioned this before but you ignored it: you said we have a million dollars in the bank after winning the GF, we should put that to our wages. How do we do this when we have hit the $4.3 Million cap, without doing a Doggies and rorting the cap?

2) You mentioned above that we leave negotiating to the last minute. How is negotiating a contract 20 months before it ends "waiting until the last minute"?

The reason people hate the Dogs fans on this forum is because you all walk around since you got Des like your s**t don't stink. We couldn't give a rats arse that you got Des, you can have him. It just means that you all want to be like us, its actually a compliment: Canterbury - Bankstown: the new Silvertails!!! Nice ring to it.

You MrInvisible are, by coming on here, causing the most trouble. You may not mean it but you are exactly like Marie from "Everybody Loves Raymond". You make your compliments sound like they are genuine, but then you slap us in the face at the same time. It's called a backhanded compliment. We are not idiots. Therefore, you are a troll.

If you want to have a discussion, get rid of the backhanded compliments, and put up a logical argument. So far all I've heard is BS, which is not a good way to have an intellectual conversation. If you can't do this, then see you later and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6