Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Clint said:
Chip and Chase said:
Wow Chris Rogers !!! That is the worst dismissal I've seen in test cricket for a very long time

But didn't review because one had been wasted. You could tell he didn't think he was out & he wanted to review but was reluctant cause we only had one left.

Terrible decision. Hughes was not out. Nothing at all to indicate he hit that.

I feel for Rogers because he does the right thing by the team, but still....waste high full bungers, really ?? I didn't see any hot spot on Hughes'. Snicko suggested maybe a little tickle but umpire doesn't see that.

Wow we have fallen in a heap though. Bowling hasn't been that good, our top 6 have just forgotten how to bat.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well all your heads will probably explode when you wake up and see the score...if you're annoyed already!

Pathetic batting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluffy

Journey Man
Saw the top 6 wickets. Clarke and Smith out to good deliveries, 1 howler 1 BOD to the bowling team and 2 shockers.

England already 3 down in their 2nd makes a 16 wicket day on what looked like a flat pitch. Looks must be somewhat deceiving and Bells hundred looks really good. Cannot believe how much he has improves as a batsman since his first few ashes series. after 3 series he would have averaged less that 25.

The ashes could all be over by stumps tomorrow at this rate

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What's that....23 wickets in 2 days? Eng are over doctoring their pitches!

Clint

Tipping Member
voicefromthehill said:
Clint said:
What do ya reckon? $12

I'll take those odds!

You can't blame our bowlers that is for sure, whole hearted effort.

Yeah. As soon as I posted I thought they may have been a bit generous. I definitely was not a bookie in a previous life. ;-)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sigh.

We should just declare when we finally get to back, write off this second test and regroup for the third.

But I guess batting practice is good, though no evidence of that in aust's team.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Apparently we need catching practice as well.......

Not that it would have changed anything this game but it will have an effect on our players, especially Smith.

Just a quick memo to the Aussie selectors, my fighting 100 as a number 6 in the under 13s must put me in good stead for the third test. And as an added bonus I have some leave accrued so just need flights and accom.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Khawaja might be onto something here, we always flog the poms in the footy so bring that into it. Swan deserved it backing into his line to try and slow him down.

Also does anyone believe the RPM counter?

Swan is apparently going at up to 2300rpm, thats almost 40 revolutions per second. When watching the slow mo replays it looks like about 10 revs per second

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
2-0 down. If we don't get a bit of fight about us, we'll have to burn our own bails as the death of aussie cricket.

c'mon!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Meek effort in this test from the batting line up. Not sure there is much we can do though, the well is dry. Even if we bring Warner back, he is hardly the answer.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
voicefromthehill said:
globaleagle said:
2-0 down. If we don't get a bit of fight about us, we'll have to burn our own bails as the death of aussie cricket.

c'mon!

Maybe we can import some Saffers to the team

Maybe we could get one to coach us!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20