Assessment of Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A solid 7/10. Would love to see one ruthless performance but taking all things into account going well.

Where I would rate him a 10 is the way he handles the media. Its so nice to not have to listen to "mumble...mumble...radar...mumble...um,mumble...benchmark...mumble"

lovefooty said:
So far 8 out of 10
Is Ryan following Avalon now that Florimo is playing there.

I don't know. Will your children be mentally challenged, just because you are? Could just be in the genes I guess.

lovefooty said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
So far 8 out of 10

I don't know. Will your children be mentally challenged, just because you are? Could just be in the genes I guess.

You are so easily baited

Then why bother trying? Make you feel good, does it?

Ryan said:
The Tony Granato of The NRL.

Mate you lose lots of cred with comments like that how is the below a comparison to Toovey.

Coaching career

Tony Granato joined the Colorado Avalanche as an assistant coach prior to the 2002–03 season. After a sub-par start to the season, the Avalanche fired head coach Bob Hartley on December 18, 2002, and Granato was subsequently promoted to permanent head coach.[3] Despite the slow start under Hartley, the Avalanche went 32–11–8 under Granato and captured their ninth consecutive division title (including the one won as the Quebec Nordiques). However, they lost in the first round of the 2003 playoffs to the Minnesota Wild in 7 games after a 3-1 series lead. In his first full season behind the bench, Granato led Colorado to a 40–22–20 record, finishing second in their division. After defeating the Dallas Stars in 5 games, the Avalanche lost to the San Jose Sharks in 6.

After the disappointing playoff loss to the Sharks, Granato was replaced by Joel Quenneville. Granato was re-assigned and agreed to stay on as an assistant.[4] He held that position for three seasons. On May 22, 2008, Granato was once again named head coach of the Avalanche after the departure of Quenneville for the 2008-09 season.[5][6] The Avs posted a record of 32-45-5--the worst since the team moved from Quebec in 1995--and Granato was fired on June 5, 2009.[7][8]

On August 5, 2009, Granato joined the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Penguins, signing on as an assistant coach.[2]

Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
So far 8 out of 10

You are so easily baited

Lowest of the low brother bear, hoping a kid is mentally retarded is ****ing sick and you should be castrated without anaesthetic

For all the criticism of the defence, we are still 5th in that area, room for improvement but it isn't abysmal

The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
So far 8 out of 10

You are so easily baited

Lowest of the low brother bear, hoping a kid is mentally retarded is f**king sick and you should be castrated without anaesthetic

Where does it say I hope anything you simpleton? Honestly, is it a challenge to brush your teeth through the nicotine and rum stains?

Ryan said:
The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
Ryan said:

You are so easily baited

Lowest of the low brother bear, hoping a kid is mentally retarded is f**king sick and you should be castrated without anaesthetic

Where does it say I hope anything you simpleton? Honestly, is it a challenge to brush your teeth through the nicotine and rum stains?

I don't smoke or drink rum bear, go get YOUR OWN team back in, MWSE don't need bandwagon supporters who will just leave at the drop of a pathetic Florimo

Cameron said:
Ryan said:
The Tony Granato of The NRL.

Mate you lose lots of cred with comments like that how is the below a comparison to Toovey.

Coaching career

Tony Granato joined the Colorado Avalanche as an assistant coach prior to the 2002–03 season. After a sub-par start to the season, the Avalanche fired head coach Bob Hartley on December 18, 2002, and Granato was subsequently promoted to permanent head coach.[3] Despite the slow start under Hartley, the Avalanche went 32–11–8 under Granato and captured their ninth consecutive division title (including the one won as the Quebec Nordiques). However, they lost in the first round of the 2003 playoffs to the Minnesota Wild in 7 games after a 3-1 series lead. In his first full season behind the bench, Granato led Colorado to a 40–22–20 record, finishing second in their division. After defeating the Dallas Stars in 5 games, the Avalanche lost to the San Jose Sharks in 6.

After the disappointing playoff loss to the Sharks, Granato was replaced by Joel Quenneville. Granato was re-assigned and agreed to stay on as an assistant.[4] He held that position for three seasons. On May 22, 2008, Granato was once again named head coach of the Avalanche after the departure of Quenneville for the 2008-09 season.[5][6] The Avs posted a record of 32-45-5--the worst since the team moved from Quebec in 1995--and Granato was fired on June 5, 2009.[7][8]

On August 5, 2009, Granato joined the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Penguins, signing on as an assistant coach.[2]

EXACTLY like Granato, and I mean from 2002-2004. Hartley was an awesome coach, and Francois Giguere was a moron for sacking him. with ,a magnificent winning record - to this day, I don't get it - it would be like Storm management sacking Bellamy after 2-3 straight losses after everything he has done.

Granato "inherited" an All Star squad. Manly in my opinion (and I say this without bias) is an all star team. Cracks started appearing, regardless of the roster quality in 2003 for Granato - just in little patches, like a strange BIG loss to a lower team etc. Colorado historically didn't allow soft goals, but they started happening. Ok, he finished his 1st half year on fire, but "that was a legacy left behind from Hartley", make no mistakes.

I've followed The Avs since day dot. You have to watch them to understand what I meant. Wiki is wiki.

The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
lovefooty said:
You are so easily baited

I don't smoke or drink rum bear, go get YOUR OWN team back in, MWSE don't need bandwagon supporters who will just leave at the drop of a pathetic Florimo

Simpleton, please look at our relative join dates. You UNDERSTAND what bandwagon means, yeah? If not, here's some basic support http://wzus1.ask.com/r?t=p&d=us&s=aus&c=a&app=a16&dqi=&askid=&l=sem&o=101597&oo=101597&sv=0a5c4078&ip=3cf2ef7f&id=24E0D87B1CF59A64A0127752A334DB2A&q=dictionary+for+dummies%3F&p=1&qs=999&ac=24&g=1449ajHOVww+dB&cu.wz=0&en=gg&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=spl&bc=&br=&tp=top&ec=5&pt=Kids%20Dictionary%20-%20Find%20Word%20Meanings%20and%20Definitions.&ex=sgst%3D1%26sgcl%3Dfe597g-HRA%26sgch%3D8978EdF%26sgmd%3D1&url=&u=http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=Ca28flBbLT--WLIiVggfE25mRDtj89LgCyK-I-iLEpNE0CAAQASD5taAYKAVQ_pbCjfj_____AWCl-JGAkAGgAbid9OADyAEBqgQhT9BzS1RGEMSlojbpciOqSY6kWaaKQp3iRQkxbT1da5xu&sig=AOD64_21PIhElEDptNeQj4KrfeuDVEwstA&adurl=http://www.my-free-dictionary.com/app/dictionary/magnify/en-au%3Fcamp_id%3D1442 You should be ok.....it's the kids version.

Also, are you still trying to live in the late 90's? These jibes went out THAT long ago, but keep traulling them up.

As brutal as it is Ryan makes a fair point

Toovs has inherited an established tam - anything less that where we are on the table, even with injuries, would have been a disappointment

The challenge will be as we shed players and need to rebuild

Exactly. I have not ONE complaint about the team from 1 through 25. I love Kite, and think he's great, and think peoples assessment of him is harsh. I think DCE is having a cracking year, yet people disagree. Galuvao is maybe our best forward. I'm upset at Wolfie and T-Rex for one reason - I want to see them PLAY, so that is a compliment as well.

The whole team is phenominal. It's why I state players will take pay cuts to remain here.

In my opinion, even TAKING depth into the equasion, we should be a top 4 side, easy, regardless of who is coach.

Ryan said:
Exactly. I have not ONE complaint about the team from 1 through 25. I love Kite, and think he's great, and think peoples assessment of him is harsh. I think DCE is having a cracking year, yet people disagree. Galuvao is maybe our best forward. I'm upset at Wolfie and T-Rex for one reason - I want to see them PLAY, so that is a compliment as well.

The whole team is phenominal. It's why I state players will take pay cuts to remain here.

In my opinion, even TAKING depth into the equasion, we should be a top 4 side, easy, regardless of who is coach.

You jerk. So your saying tovey is having no affect on the side.
With your thinking Ricky or some other coach would have kept this side together and resisted all the Des approaches. I think not you wan***

lovefooty said:
Ryan said:

You jerk. So your saying tovey is having no affect on the side.
With your thinking Ricky or some other coach would have kept this side together and resisted all the Des approaches. I think not you wan***

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a jerk and a wanker - whatever gets you off.

That sentiment still doesn't detract from the fact that I think the class in our team is sufficient / solid enough to be successful despite their environment.

You look at the relative external factors with management, ownership, coaching, injuries, suspensions, contract negotiation etc etc etc. Our playing roster / team are some what immune to these factors, and I attribute that to the playing group, nothing more, nothing less.

Culture and legacy are very difficult factors to change. Our team has a winning culture, so it's what they know what to do most / best.

In my opinion, Toovey would have to come in and completely stuff things up in order for that culture to change. IS it changing? Who knows. What I'm seeing though, are some game time experiences that this team hasn't seen in quite a few years.

My reasons for not liking Toovey are my reasons, simple as that. They may be more about the man, than the coach, but it is, what it is.

Lovefooty i do not get that from Ryan

Agenda's aside what he is saying that we ar a quality team that really are where we should be (if not a touch higher)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7