Assessment of Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst this year has been full of challenges, namely injuries, suspensions and so many players off contract, many of which are/were high profile - also being his first year as a coach.
From the above I see potential.

To date

1947 said:
Whilst this year has been full of challenges, namely injuries, suspensions and so many players off contract, many of which are/were high profile - also being his first year as a coach.
From the above I see potential.

To date

sorry kid hit the keyboard before I finished my post.

To date I think he is on par with expectations, so I am happy so far (minus those unexpected losses to lower placed team).
I do think in years to follow he will develop into a great coach.

As an aside it would be nice to respect someone who has an alternate op to yourself without going down the supporter path (i.e. Ryan's former life as a bears fan - you know what when I was younger i supported souths...until the 83 grand final..when i was 6)

Sometimes i would nice to see some people say lets agree to disagree, and respect each other, before going don the personal sledge path

lsz said:
As an aside it would be nice to respect someone who has an alternate op to yourself without going down the supporter path (i.e. Ryan's former life as a bears fan - you know what when I was younger i supported souths...until the 83 grand final..when i was 6)

Sometimes i would nice to see some people say lets agree to disagree, and respect each other, before going don the personal sledge path

Remember the old days on here when 2 people could debate an issue ?

Yep seems like a lifetime ago

I do not care if people have an opinion that differs from me. As it stands league is not a game i know a heap about (I am more about the off field) but the level of pettiness shown here is a real shame and a poor reflection on Manly fans

lsz said:

So a former Souths fan, it all makes sense now.

Yep my secret shame - i was 6 and knew no better than a father who pushed me that way

Thank god for my mum and her love of Manly....and it fills me with fear over my boy!

lsz said:

Isz
I understand what your saying but Ryan has attacked so many people on here if doesn't agree. He gets very personal and I have seen that he has a glass jaw. He can through them but doesn't like taking them.

Personally with Ryan I find that you get what you give

I would have had as many disagreements over the years with him as anyone probably but only once or twice has it descended into any of the crap we see regularly now. He is a passionate and emotional little bastard with strong views and that comes across in his posting

What an arrogant little thread this is. Fancy keyboard warriors, in which I'm a member, rating Toovs. Get over yourselves little men. He's the best, Manly through and through. Those who think they could do a better job should put themselves forward. Or else shut the **** up.

DSM5 said:
What an arrogant little thread this is. Fancy keyboard warriors, in which I'm a member, rating Toovs. Get over yourselves little men. He's the best, Manly through and through. Those who think they could do a better job should put themselves forward. Or else shut the f**k up.

I hope you never criticise or critic a Manly player again.

Napper said:
Considering how s**t hit the fan after the GF last year, poor schedule at the start of 2012, no home game for 5 weeks, "boardroom" bull**** and the media death riding the club, injury and suspension headaches and contract issues

We're running 5th at the moment.

Surely noone can fault the guy. 9/10 so far.

Her Here.

When Hasler came on board it took him a good two to three years before we became a force. It takes time to implement your own style of football and the right coaching staff despite the fact Toovey has a team already built. He comes from the same mould as Hasler, one strongly influenced by Fulton.

Given time I think he will be a great coach just like Hasler only with his own style and influence.

lovefooty said:
lsz said:

Isz
I understand what your saying but Ryan has attacked so many people on here if doesn't agree. He gets very personal and I have seen that he has a glass jaw. He can through them but doesn't like taking them.

Bull**** dude. Get your facts straight. I'll show respect until it's not given. Then, if you step over the line, the gloves are off, and you have to be prepared to take the heat, because I'll turn it right up.

If I had a glass jaw, I wouldn't still be here. I eat kids like you for breakfast, so lets no go there, ok.

But your right, in anything in my life, I adhere to the ol' adage - I do all the giving, and none of the taking.

Sideline Eye said:
Napper said:
Considering how s**t hit the fan after the GF last year, poor schedule at the start of 2012, no home game for 5 weeks, "boardroom" bull**** and the media death riding the club, injury and suspension headaches and contract issues

We're running 5th at the moment.

Surely noone can fault the guy. 9/10 so far.

Her Here.

When Hasler came on board it took him a good two to three years before we became a force. It takes time to implement your own style of football and the right coaching staff despite the fact Toovey has a team already built. He comes from the same mould as Hasler, one strongly influenced by Fulton.

Given time I think he will be a great coach just like Hasler only with his own style and influence.

I think Hasler and Toovey are VERY different coaches with all due respect Sideline. What I mean by that:-

+ Des is marticulos
+ Toovey tends to play what is in front of him.

+ Des was very risk adverse
+ Toovey is very willing to throw the kids in

+ Des was very technical, and lived by the game plan
+ Toovey is more laid back

+ Des was very formal with the players. Very systemic.
+ Toovey is heart on sleeve, and prone to a blast or two (yeah, I remember the Parra door incident - but that was out of the norm)

+ Des is very media negative
+ Toovey appears much more PR savvy

+ Des appears to be looking for innovation
+ Toovey appears the old school coach

etc etc etc

Risk averse isn't the correct term Ryan and you know it

Hasler was averse to change

Tony on the wing...he was the worst winger we have ever had

In my opinion, given our current position of 5th on the ladder, he appears to be going alright so far with lots of room for improvement once we get a full compliment back from injuries and suspension.

Judging only on our win to loss ratio of 8 wins to 5 losses, his score is rolling along nicely at 61.5% which to me isn't too bad for someone in their first year of NRL coaching.

Ryan said:
I know this may sound novel to a number of you, but in a thread entitled "Assessment of Toovey" asking for peoples opinion's of Toovey, there may (shock and horror) be some sentiment that differs to yours.

THIS......

This is what frustrates me most about this Forum. Many posters here seem unable to accept that others have a different opinion to them and instead of debating the merits if the arguments they simply resort to childish personal attacks.

I wonder when the Moderaters are going to start actually enforcing the Forum rules.

I think it frustrates posters that Ryan is clouding his judgment based some personal issue he has with 2V.

Which he hasn't revealed yet. Maybe he wants to drag his reasons out like the lost series.

I reckon 2V is at about 8/10. Defence has to improve.

2V is a wonderfull change to the past Coach.

I love his Brisbane, bottle throwing expression of jubilation.:D

He appears to have relaxed the Players, and it seems to be more of a game, rather than a mission with him.

With all the handicaps of the start of his NRL Coaching career, Player injuries and suspension - he is to be commended.

I will be there supporting him in his premiership campaigns and deserved wins :angel:

Ralphie said:
I wonder when the Moderaters are going to start actually enforcing the Forum rules.

Exactly which forum rules are you talking about ?

And are you implying that up till this point in time, moderators here havnt been moderating this forum ?

I think the mods do a pretty fair job and I wouldn't want to be one for all the tea in China.

Personally I'd love to see the clearly antagonistic "other teams" (especially the Dog$) supporters ****ed off BUT I understand this is a football forum and not just a Manly forum, so if they don't break the rules we have to live with them.

And of course we always have the "Ignore button"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4