At full strength who goes?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Napper said:
8.Lawrence
9. Ballin
10.Kite
11. Choc
12. Symonds
13. Gift

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'oso
16 King
17. Galuvao(slightly edging Horo out of a bench spot)

Personally i think this has to be our pack at full strength.

I'd say that's about right.

i doubt we will ever be at full strenth. Too many injuries suspensions origin series the assaada sh..t means tooves wouldnt have to make these decisions.

voicefromthehill said:
Buhrer reminds me of Choc and Gift when they started out, they showed potential but lacked the size. Remember they we're not always the units they are now, Buhrer is still a boy and does not have the natural bulk other players have. It will take a few more years before he bulks up - but I would not want him on another side.

You couldn't drop him from the bench, he offers utility value that others can't. But for the life of me I can't work out who goes, it would be Horo or Symonds but both would count themselves desperately unlucky

On form Buhrer would be struggling to hold in the 17, on reputation he will be held as utility. My point is that he is making no impact in 2013 thus far, and his reputation will only go so far. If he fails to make impact he will be dropped from the 17 before round 6.

I'd say Horo in, until king shows his mettle in the NSW cup side. No short cuts. No preferential treatment no matter who, and that inludes Glenn. This is a champion side as is. Prove your worth, then you're in.

The experts all say we have no depth so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe some of our ageing roster, such as Jamie Buhrer, should consider early retirement.

when all fit and in form, Id like to see king and lawrence start. King is aggressive and he is a leader, with lawrence the no nonsense type with kite who is more mobile and could play second row at a pinch coming off the bench with richie

Id like to see either king or kite on the field always with the experience and to rotate, king, richie for the aggression. Id like to see kite made the bench leader

I don't see kite going to the bench as a reflection of his form rather than his leadership skills to stabilize the bench and to captain the bench so to speak

Kite has played very well off the bench for manly in the past and his workrate and speed would be an asset. As long as he is OK with it

But in reality there is next to no chance of fielding this rotation on a permanent basis due to injury

lawrence/king
ballin
kite
choc
gift
horo/symonds

horo/symonds
fa oso
king/lawrence
joe

this would be my fully fit forward line up

voicefromthehill said:
Buhrer reminds me of Choc and Gift when they started out, they showed potential but lacked the size. Remember they we're not always the units they are now, Buhrer is still a boy and does not have the natural bulk other players have. It will take a few more years before he bulks up - but I would not want him on another side.

You couldn't drop him from the bench, he offers utility value that others can't. But for the life of me I can't work out who goes, it would be Horo or Symonds but both would count themselves desperately unlucky

This is a furfy. Jamie Buhrer is 180cm tall and 95kg's and Choc is 181cm tall and 94kg's and Glenn is 180cm tall and 100kg's.

Jamie just needs to get more agressive.

Haven't seen enough of Symonds to put him in the top 17 at full strength. At this stage I'd still have buhrer and horo in front of him.

c eagle said:
lawrence/king
ballin
kite
choc
gift
horo/symonds

horo/symonds
fa oso
king/lawrence
joe

this would be my fully fit forward line up

This ^^. Buhrer misses out unfortunately as he hasn't done enough in the first 2 rounds to be in front of the likes of Horo et al.

On the subject of Jamie I had really hoped he would have bulked up a little after the last off-season. With his physical similarities to Gifty (in the early days) I had kind of hoped he would develop the same way. It may be early days but he has been with us a few seasons now and had the benefit of a few off-seasons.

I just love the depth we have built, especially in the forwards. What I like is players will have to bring their A games as they jockey for spots. So everyone will be playing at a high level just to secure a spot. That keeps guys on their toes as they have to earn their position. Also when injuries inevitably occur, we are well stocked with reinforcements to cover. In turn when injured players return it means they can't slack and may even have to earn their spot back if replacement players make the most of their opportunities. Really a good dilemma we find ourselves in.

i think gift come straight in for buhrer.... king in for gower

bench buhrer, joe, richie , king !!!!

symonds will end up playing alot of games and big minutes but you can only really carry one utility in a squad

I think you are being a little harsh on Jamie Buhrer. His defence (32 tackles) was very good, especially early where he virtually hounded Willie out of the game hitting him around the legs constantly to stop his progress. Then getting up and making the next tackle. He will never be a line buster by size but maybe he is doing exactly what the coaching staff require of him. He is also very handy at filling other positions when injured.
Having said that it all looks good at the moment with the players we have available and others to return. Particulary like Lawrence's work. Nice problem for Toovey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4