Attention North Sydney Supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
even their reggies, (Sorry Souths reserves) managed to stuff up in last years GF

And Manly played so much better on the day didn't they!

The big concern for Manly is that the Norths curse might have been transmitted to Manly during the Northern Eagles days.

Certainly the way Manly played last years grand final was a very Norths like "finals" performance.

The club might need to hire the elders of the North sydney abolriginal tribe to perform an excorcism of the players and club to remove any norths demons/curse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least we know what a GF looks like. Norths have never even won one! :blaugh:
:blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

I was going to correct you about them never being in a GF as I thought that they won it in 1921 & 1922 but after doing a bit of research on "http://www.rl1908.com/clubcomps/play-offs.htm", I have discovered that you were indeed correct. They have never appeared in a Grand Final :violin: .

From 1912 to 1925 the premiership was won on a 'first past the post' basis. The playing of a Final only occurred when the two top teams finished the club rounds on equal points (three clubs never finished on the same points during this era).

I have discovered that you were indeed correct. They have never appeared in a Grand Final :violin: .
All us Eagle supporters knew that Jethro. It is just some other supporters who didn't get to talk to their great grandfathers and have nothing to remember that wouldn't know :blaugh:

Hey Tookey, at least Manly made the GF in the elite competition, not some thrown together hodge podge of souths cast offs and a bunch of nuffies who couldnt cut it in clubs that DO HAVE teams in the top flight.

And let's put the Norths "Premierships" in perspective, occuring as they did in 1921/2.

Even then Norths represented the affluent part of Sydney. As everyone knows, World War One was made famous by the statement "a bayonet is a weapon with a worker at both ends".

Then there was the Spanish flu epidemic of 1920/1 that ravaged the working class areas of Sydney.

So Norths sole days of glory was achieved by a bunch of conscientious objectors (cowards) beating up on the remnants of the sick and infirm. No wonder they were cursed.

Not really the feather in one's cap that would be desired I would say.

Tookey & Ryan can share in the fun with the rest of the bears faithful in the phone box outside percys

Let me set up some context - I have only ever been a Manly fan and hate North’s more than almost anything. Growing up on the north shore all my friends were Bears supporters. There were few things sweeter than winning at bear park.

I would love North’s to be back in the comp. To me that is what league is about. Not a new (gold coast) or merged team but about traditional rivalries.

Plus it was always an easy two points……

I dont understand why Manly fans hate Norths so much. Its not like the Bears ever really threatened us.

Its a bit like hating your 89 year old Grandma who has parkinsons disease.

I must say I miss wathcing some of those North Sydney stars run straight to behind the goal posts everytime they played Manly.

The Mayoh brothers, Steve & pete, Doug Rollinson, Rex Wright all champions!

I must say I miss wathcing some of those North Sydney stars run straight to behind the goal posts everytime they played Manly.

The Mayoh brothers, Steve & pete, Doug Rollinson, Rex Wright all champions!

Just like Manly's stars of the past - bernard Dyer, Jorgen Rogers, Danny Costello, adam peters. the list goes on

At least norths never stooped so low as to have the coaches son play first grade when his ability was z grade. Scott Fulton was on a par with Doug Rollerson. No make that wrose because at least Rollerson played for the All blacks.

Daddy will let me play first grade. At least it gave the supporters many laughs every time he came onto the field.

Actually its Were Billy Moore......

Billy Moore was overrated garbage, Larsen was a goodun

I wasn't much of a fan of Billy Moore.

I was a fan of david fairleigh, gary larson, greg florimo and matt seers though.

I wasn't much of a fan of Billy Moore.

I was a fan of david fairleigh, gary larson, greg florimo and matt seers though.

None of those would have made the Manly side against their opposite:

Fairleigh vs Menzies
Larsen vs Kosef
Moore vs Gartner
Florimo vs Lyons
Seers vs Ridge

I rest my case.

and we must all bow down and fall in line as the great Matabele has rested his case and no further discussion will be held.

Admin, lock this thread immediately. I insist. the case has been rested.

To tell you the truth Fro only fools like Tookey & Ryan would argue against his logic on this matter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4