Attn: "Snakes alive" sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they are willing to change teams then who wants them as a supporter? Enjoy your new club until you move onto the next one..

'Snakes Alive' hasn't abandoned Snake or Manly.

It's not a shock to learn that sometimes people in relationships support their partner's interest & vice versa.

Maybe if the NRL actually put a Manly game at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon or Sat night people with a working life west of Pittwater Rd could actually get there. Manly haven't played in Sydney anywhere this year on a Sat night or Sunday except Mothers Day.

Last edited:
'Snakes Alive' hasn't abandoned Snake or Manly.

It's not a shock to learn that sometimes people in relationships support their partner's interest & vice versa.

Maybe if the NRL actually put a Manly game at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon or Sat night people with a working life west of Pittwater Rd could actually get there. Manly haven't played in Sydney anywhere this year on a Sat night or Sunday except Mothers Day.

I work in Huntingwood and have been to games

Are you guys seriously bullying a twenty-something year old girl for switching footy teams? Grow up.

Not bullying that I can see. Simply passionate fans that wonder how somebody can be so vocal yet disappear when the going gets tough. It's hard to imagine marrying into a family takes away from all that you've known, trusted and supported while you grow up.

I had to have a talk to my oldest son when after supporting Manly since a young'in, he decided that is was time to look for a more successful team this year. How does a person go from dyed-in-the-wool fanatic, to bandwagon'er in such a short time? Where did I fail as a father to see my own flesh and blood fail to be resilient in the face of adversity? Was there something in his early life that I've neglected and seen this flaw develop suddenly? Or was it always in him to do it but he grew up thinking it best to please father, and wait until he was ready to branch out from under my umbrella of influence?

And did it do any good? Apparently it is far more important to focus instead on cleaning up Lego before heading off to school...I just can't work out seven year olds these days.

I married into a family of Dragons fans, I must say I've grown a bit of a soft spot for them. That being said, my wife knows what she signed up for, even though she's a Dragon's fan she has been looking up Manly attire for our unborn child.

I've got a mate who ditched Canberra and now supports Parramatta because that's who his wife supports. Sorry, ex-mate.

I married into a family of Dragons fans, I must say I've grown a bit of a soft spot for them. That being said, my wife knows what she signed up for, even though she's a Dragon's fan she has been looking up Manly attire for our unborn child.

I've got a mate who ditched Canberra and now supports Parramatta because that's who his wife supports. Sorry, ex-mate.
My wife supports the dragons too Volley, but she goes for Manly when we play the Dragons 'cause I sook more than what she does when we lose.

Yeah I know a few people of people changing their allegiance from one club to another due to their partner. Not just in NRL, but a range of sports.

The best one is my sister in law converted to arsenal, from a dedicated Man utd fan because her partner is a massive arsenal fan. (obviosuly wasnt that dedicated ;))

My wife supports the dragons too Volley, but she goes for Manly when we play the Dragons 'cause I sook more than what she does when we lose.

Haha, good tactic. I'm not too bad with Manly and Dragons games, because I always expect the Dragons to win - Manly always struggle against them for whatever reason.

Young Mollie makes up for all the turncoats :clap:
Sea Eagles get oldest and youngest fan in one family
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JUNE 02, 2015 3:24PM

826443-73c9e076-05a2-11e5-b985-b11d1c2afbf4.jpg

Mollie Monk with Theodore. Picture: Adam Ward.

For a second time, the Monk family has the oldest and youngest Sea Eagles fans.

Theodore Monk was born on Saturday, May 23, and his father Robert wasted no time signing him up.

“I signed him first thing Monday,” Mr Monk said.

Theodore’s great-grandmother, Mollie Monk, turned 100 last month, and is arguably the world’s biggest Sea Eagles fan.

story-fngr8hax-1227379829971

She is also the oldest.

“She’s so happy — she thinks Theodore is going to be a half,” Mr Monk said.

Mrs Monk celebrated her centenary last month at the Mother’s Day Sea Eagles match, where a special announcement was made.

She has been a fan since Manly entered the competition in 1947.

Mrs Monk was also a winner of the Steve Menzies Medal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7