Australia v South Africa 2018 (in Sth Afr)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bloody Starc is injured and flying home and looks like missing IPL AGAIN (is that 3 in a row now ??) That's cost him some cash.

Sayers debuts and Burns and Renshaw are in for Warner and Bancroft. Handscomb replaces Smith.

Morkel playing too @globaleagle just for you

Wonder what the Aussies mind set will be like ? - could be ugly with all the drama this week if their hearts aren't in it

Warney is no fan of him by the sounds - obviously not a Victorian. God he can be a dribbler.

Pace isn't everything, but I haven't seen a lot of movement from him either yet.

Bloody Starc is injured and flying home and looks like missing IPL AGAIN (is that 3 in a row now ??) That's cost him some cash.

Sayers debuts and Burns and Renshaw are in for Warner and Bancroft. Handscomb replaces Smith.

Morkel playing too @globaleagle just for you

Wonder what the Aussies mind set will be like ? - could be ugly with all the drama this week if their hearts aren't in it

Good to know! I'm sure I read he was retiring... but in the light of day it makes little sense to retire 3/4ers of the way through a series.

Sorry about the dud info,

SA 6-313 at stumps after winning the toss and batting on a good batting wicket on the first day of the fourth test.

A couple of late wickets made it look better for Aust but all in all the scales would probably tilt towards SA for first day honours.

Still, it was good from an Australian standpoint, to get amongst the wickets and not have the score at stumps read 1 or 2 for 300 especially with the loss of strike bowler Starc.

When the time comes, let's hope the batsmen can show the same resilience. Replacing three batsmen and remaining competitive will quite possibly be the real test.

I'm only reading espn (cric info) which I don't really like as I believe they are a bunch of generally anti Aussie commentators....

but...

Looking at the Aust dismissals it's frustrating to read "Oh a poor shot that, bad shot selection" after about 4 of them.

ffs - it's a test, an important test, stop throwing your bat at crap!

Was always going to be a difficult task given the circumstances but you'd think the new guys would knuckle down and make the most of their chances. Some soft dismissals, bowling wasn't anything spectacular.

I think they are already mentally on the plane home. Be interesting to see whether they make us follow on or whether they grind us in the field for another day and a half.

Well, SA already lead by 400 on just the third day (second innings) so unless two aussies want to block for a day and a half successfully... I reckon it's done and SA win their first test series at home against Australia after 're-admission.'

3 down and still 500 runs behind. Renshaw another single figure score. At least Burns got a start, and Handscomb has a day to accumulate some runs and press his claims. Usman's tour was 2 scores over 50 and the rest were single figures - not good enough for a number 3. Will we last the first session ??

Well thank goodness that's over. Onto my cricket season now. My Saturdays are now officially over for the next 6 months. Im junior coordinator this year. Games start this weekend. For the first time all 3 of my kids are playing junior cricket this year. Busy times.

^ Good luck!

Sigh, what a whimper we've witnessed. I don't know if SA were that good, the pitch was that bad, or Aust we're that...'brittle' but luckily they sorted their pay deal out before this series!

Fingers crossed for a new team culture.

Well done Morkel (who is now actually retiring!) Great career!

What a bizarre series, it started as a top quality cricket contest and degenerated into a shambles. We started so well yet next minute Aussie cricket is in absolute disarray.
Pat Cummins was excellent, though.

I was listinening to the grade cricketer podcast the other day and they made a fair point....the players must be burnt out after the never ending summer they have had (Ashes, into whiteball cricket home and NZ and now this tour)

Cummins has been a revelation. Always rated him as a bowler, he just needed to stay fit to prove his worth.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2