Ballin to be announced a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair here, he wasn't in the new coaching teams plans so it's a good outcome for Ballin. Much better than toiling away in NSW Cup. Things change, life goes on, this helps both sides.

Where will he play at the Tigers behind Farrah

Calling Matty Ballin a champion player is just half the story. (and I believe he has been massively underrated in the NRL for many years). But he is a champion bloke. His attitude to the fans is just a credit to him. You could not hope to meet a nicer bloke and a more accommodating bloke.

I hope we meet the Tigers in the Grand Final next year.

I would rather Matty play two full seasons for the Tigers and have great success rather than rot away into oblivion with Manly.
A class act who deserves a full career of success.
I'll be cheering for the Tiges to make the eight next year just so Matty can play some semi final football just like he always has. And they can keep winning all they like as long as not at the expense of the Sea Eagles.
NYEagle

Great player and clubman . Was an important cog in our team and its success he provided what our team needed . but with the game going with the quick running dummy halves in this modern game Matty was unfortunately not in our plans for the future .
I think Matty will see more !st grade at the tigers than at Manly once he is over the knee and the tigers sort there drama with farrah
Al the best Matty B

Are we sure Ballin is going? Can't find any article linking him with the tigers.

I only wish it could have been done better and to have allowed us the fans to wish Matty the best send off that any player for one club could have received . He is up there in legend status as the Beaver in my mind anyway.

Matt Ballin signs two-year deal with Wests Tigers putting Robbie Farah’s position in further doubt
  • Zac Bailey and Ben Glover
  • FOX SPORTS
  • October 30, 2015 4:21PM

ROBBIE Farah has been struck another blow in his bid to see out his contract at the Wests Tigers after Matt Ballin signed a two year deal with the club.

Manly’s two-time premiership winning hooker has been on the outer since it first became clear Trent Barrett was taking over in 2016, with two young hookers Apisai Koroisau and Matt Parcell joining the club in recent months.

The Sea Eagles are yet to announce Ballin’s departure and the Tigers have not confirmed Ballin’s arrival, however a source close to the Manly rake told Fox Sports News a two-year deal had been struck to get the 31-year-old to Concord.

Ballin ruptured his ACL in round 24 against Parramatta and will be up against it to return from the serious injury by round one in 2016.

477526-972a3f74-7ec5-11e5-a5dd-1e7c73f0bb93.jpg

Robbie Farah looks to have played his last game for the Tigers.Source: News Corp Australia

However, his signing is almost certain to relegate Farah to NSW Cup if he decides to stay at the Tigers after he was told late in the 2015 season that he was free to leave the club with two years to run on his deal.

Farah was told at the time that he would be playing out his career in reserve grade if he didn’t leave the Tigers, however this position has recently been clarified by new CEO Justin Pascoe, who said the skipper would be free to fight for his first grade spot.

Ballin has played 215 first grade games for the Sea Eagles as well as one Origin game for Queensland and he is likely to be used as Jason Taylor’s first choice option, with 21-year-old Manaia Cherrington to act as back up.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...in-further-doubt/story-e6frf3wu-1227588477555

Joining the tradition of Craig Hancock, Shannon Nevin, Steve Martin, Russell Gartner, cranky frank etc - the balmain retirement village.
Here are the manly-balmains:

1. Shannon Nevin
2. Craig Hancock
3. Russell Gartner
4. Sean Meaney
5. John Hopoate
7. Steve Martin
9. Matt Ballin
11. Sam Harris
Coach: Frank Stanton / Steve Martin

Help me out here!

Joining the tradition of Craig Hancock, Shannon Nevin, Steve Martin, Russell Gartner, cranky frank etc - the balmain retirement village.

1. Shannon Nevin
2. Craig Hancock
3. Russell Gartner
4. Sean Meaney
5. John Hopoate
6. Craig Field
7. Steve Martin
9. Matt Ballin
11. Sam Harris

Help me out here!

Last edited:
Technically, as it is the West Tigers, we should include the unfortunate few that left us to go to the Magpies- one that readily comes to mind if de$.

1. Shannon Nevin
2. Craig Hancock
3. Russell Gartner
4. Sean Meaney
5. John Hopoate
6. Craig Field
7. Steve Martin
9. Matt Ballin
11. Sam Harris

Help me out here!
I think Magilla went there for a year or two before finishing off back at manly

Don't like the overall way the club has handled this one, and I wish Ballin all the best for his future

However I do feel that the NRL has moved past his style of play and we have done extremely well with our pickups to replace him and will be a far more unpredictable and exciting team on attack

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6