Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But i still have the feeling that what is coming out about Barba now is still a 'sanitised' version of events' I still have the feeling that its the tip of the iceberg or greenberg.

Other canine players are involved. we all know that. Some in the media must know the full story, but they cannot print because it comes from sources which lack the right credentials.

Something very fishy about the appoinments of Greenbug, the timing of this, the release given to Barba, the timing of these stories about the woman at the centre. The involement and reasons for the non appearance of most of the dogs forward pack for the first 6 rounds.

What motivated Barba to hit her ? Of course violence against women is shameful, but the investigation of the Integrity unit will reveal nothing. They've been told what to investigate, and what to discover. I refer to areas of lacking integrity that go outside this scope of reference.

I'm not a fan of the telegraph so I'm not agreeing that the article must be true.
Points to consider that have a ring of truth are:
If the lady in question is the obvious one, she heavily relies on his income and has previously stated she will publicly deny any allegations. You can't blame her for protecting her family.
The doggies set up programs for Ben but he apparently left rehab early and didn't complete any counselling sessions. Shouldn't a club welfare minder have insisted he complete these courses?
After G'berg initially stated that Benny.B would be ousted for an extended period, possibly 6 months to a year, he was rushed back some 3 weeks later after a doggies losing streak, disregarding that he hadn't completed his rehab/counselling. Player welfare priorities?
Des:
I believe Dessie will always do his best to look after a young man in trouble. He stood by Snake and would have done his best by B.B even though the two situations are remarkabley different.
Greenberg:
Is slimy and cannot possibly hold his senior NRL position objectively where all 16 clubs are concerned.
The media:
Please stop the B.B heroic father stories. The separation from his children in the first place was not created by heroics.
Rant complete.

Peter C said:
The problem here is, is that nobody has come forward to press charges against him, it is obvious the victim in this , if she is who I think it is ,still relies on a lot of financial support from him, and him being suspended would have compounded the situation.

You have nailed it in one sentence

These rumours have been doing the rounds all season but the media have been unusually quiet, with very few articles written. Now this one comes out, days after Barba is released and less than a week before the dogs play the Broncos.

Coincidence?

niccipops said:
I'm not a fan of the telegraph so I'm not agreeing that the article must be true.
Points to consider that have a ring of truth are:
If the lady in question is the obvious one, she heavily relies on his income and has previously stated she will publicly deny any allegations. You can't blame her for protecting her family.
The doggies set up programs for Ben but he apparently left rehab early and didn't complete any counselling sessions. Shouldn't a club welfare minder have insisted he complete these courses?
After G'berg initially stated that Benny.B would be ousted for an extended period, possibly 6 months to a year, he was rushed back some 3 weeks later after a doggies losing streak, disregarding that he hadn't completed his rehab/counselling. Player welfare priorities?
Des:
I believe Dessie will always do his best to look after a young man in trouble. He stood by Snake and would have done his best by B.B even though the two situations are remarkabley different.
Greenberg:
Is slimy and cannot possibly hold his senior NRL position objectively where all 16 clubs are concerned.
The media:
Please stop the B.B heroic father stories. The separation from his children in the first place was not created by heroics.
Rant complete.

Nailed it, great last sentence.

When was the NRL Integrity Unit formed? The Bunnies got in strife for not informing them in a timely fashion. Is 6 months to be considered a timely fashion? Massive conflict of interest for Slimeburg.

Now the NRL Integrity is going to look at it, even though there is no complainant. Seems now a newspaper tabloid headline will double as a complainant. Expect even more trashy headlines then over the coming years.

Seems an odd way to handle an assault. You go to the club first and tell them ??? That makes it fairly obvious that the person in question knew Barba well.

I will say the Dogs are the masters of spin and this story reinforces that. This whole episode smacks of a cover up and there is a trail of complicity that leads to Greenberg. Wouldn't it be ironnic if the investigation by the integrity unit forces him to fall on his sword. This will be a big test as to how much integrity is actually in the integrity unit.

I also find it amusing with respect to the timing if this story. Barba gets his release and the story appears. The cynic in me thinks that if he stays a dog this story never sees the light of day.

There has to be accountability. Breaking contracts. Cover ups. Mis-handling of the post season assaults on female reporters, yet the NRL promote this guy?

Flood the NRL's in-box. This guy should stand down immediately. Instead of prefacing guilt for Toovey in a post match conversation, how about focusing on one of his players on his watch beating the crap out of a small woman.

No Doubt , if he hit a female then YES the right thing to do is stand him down , however there has been no charge !!

6 months after the incident and released to the broncos the story comes out...

guilty or not , the scumdogs swept this under the carpet to suit them now that he no longer wants to be there , the story comes out....

If he still stayed on as a hero at the scumdogs this story would not have surfaced...

SCUMDOGS INTEGRITY ( WHAT A JOKE )

proof is in the pudding !!

Chip and Chase said:
Seems an odd way to handle an assault. You go to the club first and tell them ??? That makes it fairly obvious that the person in question knew Barba well.

I will say the Dogs are the masters of spin and this story reinforces that. This whole episode smacks of a cover up and there is a trail of complicity that leads to Greenberg. Wouldn't it be ironnic if the investigation by the integrity unit forces him to fall on his sword. This will be a big test as to how much integrity is actually in the integrity unit.

I also find it amusing with respect to the timing if this story. Barba gets his release and the story appears. The cynic in me thinks that if he stays a dog this story never sees the light of day.

A mate of mine's daughter suffered an incident at the hands of a drug influenced immortal of the game. She went to his club because she wanted him to get help. 3 days later he retired from the game.

This girl is a fan of the dishlickers, that's why she went to them.

Ralphie said:
A mate of mine's daughter suffered an incident at the hands of a drug influenced immortal of the game. She went to his club because she wanted him to get help. 3 days later he retired from the game.

I assume she knew the player in question and it wasn't some sort of random incident ?? Personally if a player assualted me the last place I would be going would be to the club he played for.

Ralphie said:

The immortal's retirement wasn't due to a mysterious neck injury that came out of nowhere by any chance

Surely the Bulldogs should cop it for bringing the game into disrepute? They cover this up for 6 months then dredge it up when Barba walks out on them? The Broncos should sue them for passing on damaged goods.

Peter C said:
The problem here is, is that nobody has come forward to press charges against him, it is obvious the victim in this , if she is who I think it is ,still relies on a lot of financial support from him, and him being suspended would have compounded the situation.

Although I sympathise with that sentiment, would that not almost mean, if you are the breadwinner/financial supporter you can get away with doing the wrong thing and that a victim just has to put up with abuse for financial reasons. That would just be wrong. The dogs should have done the right thing, not cover up wrong doings

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7