Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
It's about winning games, not about who likes who, if the coach and the club are fair dinkum Hastings will play especially with the Croker injury. Suck it up and play football, that's what you're paid for.

They are too busy pranking to care about winning. Its a cultural thing.

Going to be interesting to see what happens due to state of origin if theoretically Tommy, Jake and Api get picked. We might not have enough players to field 17 players
3 days after SOO 1 we play Warriors in Christchurch

3 days after SOO 3 we play
Scumos at Brookie

Greenturd screwed us like a Glady stripper :tmi:

The only way to avoid picking him is to do something ridiculous like picking Brown or Matt Wright at 5/8.

But this is Barrett so who knows.
We are down on wingers so Matt Wright is unlikely to be 5/8 as he will be on the wing.

Brown can’t play 5/8. If he decides to move Walker there and put Brown in the centres then that will do me.

He sounded reluctant to move Api so hopefully he sticks to that and Hastings will finally get his shot next to DCE.

We will still struggle unless we suddenly learn how to defend for 80mins, but I do hope Hastings has a blinder and we spank the chickens.

He will be picked tomorrow but will not make the final 17.
I think he could play NRL against the Broncos but more likely not to the Storm game.
They can turn around and say see, picking him and we still got smashed.
Against the Rorters we have a good record even though we are unlikely to beat them, the Storm game we are zero chance.

Reading between the lines - he has pissed the coach off, and on a regular basis. I assume players wanting a line in the sand is because of this, and the need for unity behind Baz, rather than because they are wimpy types who don’t want to play with someone they don’t like.

Could be wrong, but I’d have thought that’s the obvious and most likely scenario.

By the way, I had hot chips at Brookie on Friday and they were really hot. The beer wasn’t overly cold, but it didn’t matter too much given the weather.
You could be correct there in that it’s a show of support for Baz and if that’s the case let’s hope Jacko heads his 2nd 3rd or 4th chance whatever it is and makes the most of it
Just win the f”@& game

You could be correct there in that it’s a show of support for Baz and if that’s the case let’s hope Jacko heads his 2nd 3rd or 4th chance whatever it is and makes the most of it
Just win the f”@& game

#NRLtalkthegameup is not about winning or losing, its about being better than it was when Greentoad wasn't in charge.

Winners and losers are all relative, based on who thinks they are the most important NRL administrator at what time.

While Greenslime fiddles, the game can burn to the ground.

With trent in charge he might name (my prediction on who Trent will choose in backline):
1. Turbo
2. Tom Wright
3. Matt Wright
4. Kels
5. Aku
6. D Walks
7. DCE

My team (backline):
1. Turbo
2. Tom Wright
3. D Walks
4. Kels