Beaver on Footy Show - Manly Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have just watched the interview, Steve was very non committal himself about wanting to come back to the NRL, it was more Voss stirring it up

I see the forum thing has come up again as well, as someone who wasn't a big user of the official forum it didn't worry me, however since it has closed I can see exactly why it did with some of the crap that gets tossed up on here at times

quinny link said:
I don't assume anything-they are a business first and foremost. But the backlash a \"conceived\" rejection of steve menzies will cause will be catastophic for the club over time. His value in terms of money, sponsorship and club success cannot be measured.
In the world of marketing and cashing in on a fairy tale-they don't get much bigger with our club. And our club is the only one I give a toss about-considering very few others want to go in to bat for us (ie Worst ground facilities in the league)
Sit back and let the goose who layed the GOLDEN EGG slip by........ :-\

it would only be perceived as a rejection by anyone creating their own or reading spin!

The reality is the dollars aren't there, what are we going to do, have the NRL change the rules just so we can get Beaver back for a swan song?

We won a premiership 2 years ago, other teams in that situation are the broncos and look at them. It takes another 3 - 4 years to build again unless you are the Storm and we all know what happened there.

It may not be fair but it is the way of the world. You win a premiership and your players prices go up, thus you have to spend more to keep them.

over the next 3 to 4 years, those players either move on or their contracts are not worth as much. You also lose some of the fringe players and you rebuild your coffers and end up building your club anew.

Roosters are a good example there, and the Dragons as well.

You could probably throw Penrith and Titans in that bag too, though there are obvious differences with the Titans

So basically, we have room to move under the cap allowing us to sign Beaver ......but we have no cash?

AFAIK no room to move under the cap according to media reports

I think the no cash theory is more likely.
I would be very worried if we were seriously up to our eyeballs as far as the cap is concerned with the team we have on paper and taking in to account those players that are leaving.

I can see exactly why we would be up near the cap

imo, Stewart, Stewart, Lyon, Foran, Watmough, Kite and possibly Matai would all be around or upwards of the 300k mark, which would mean that between those 7 players we would be taking up half of the cap

On paper, our top 25 has as much class as any of the legal sides running around this season

thanks dan-I am clued up enough to not have a history lesson.
I agree with what you say, but you are sadly missing my point.

I dont give a rats about affordability-I care about perception!!!!

Quinny, can you reject someone who hasn't asked the question ?

I didn't get the sense from Beaver he was hugely keen on returning, he mentioned himself what a great ending 2008 was

Read the posts and respond-I am talking about perception.....

But I would love to see him back

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Quinny, can you reject someone who hasn't asked the question ?

I didn't get the sense from Beaver he was hugely keen on returning, he mentioned himself what a great ending 2008 was

Perception is not based on fact. At the moment there is talk of a possible rejection of beaver, when the facts seem to be that beaver hasn't approached the club.

Sorry -let me be clearer....the perception that the club does not want him for cap reasons.
Oh-the footy show told you what to think....ha ha

I don't speculate what the hell has taken place-I only know that a formal statement from the CEO is the answer I will respond to. Stop trying to pick an argument -we both support bthe same team ffs

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=185211.msg293015#msg293015 date=1284116228]
You obviously have no gay friends then.
The gay chicks balance the ledger.
[/quote]

I like gay chicks, all soft and pretty ;)
Well the non butch one's anyways.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185211.msg293024#msg293024 date=1284116750]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of the butch ones are the best, one of my good friends told us a story when we first me her, basically she didnt understand the size change and walked around afterwards wondering how we (blokes) his it.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185211.msg293040#msg293040 date=1284118264]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185211.msg293024#msg293024 date=1284116750]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of the butch ones are the best, one of my good friends told us a story when we first me her, basically she didnt understand the size change and walked around afterwards wondering how we (blokes) his it.
[/quote]
Yeah, they're alright...but their beards give me ball rash.

BRING BACK THE BEAVER!!!!

The whole club fell apart when he left and it can only take one man on the field to repair it again....

I have an idea,lets setup a paypal account and all chip in 1-5 dollars to get Beaver back to manly what do u think  :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2