Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not going to debate you here mate your inability to consider any point of view other than your own that come across as panicky and flighty, and their are others here that have similar and more credentialed, than me which - and I hate to do this but sometimes there is no choice but to use this tactic in situations like this, it's a fire blanket on a small tinny next to a yacht situation, sometimes you need to just sort things out quickly when you'd just like to splash water on the thing but other people are looking - but a couple of degrees in ancient and modern history and English literature and a master's in Education and more than twenty years watching kids argue moot points and having to respect them and then gently guide them to an understanding of why they may have come to an understanding that might not be the way other people think, forces me to respond to your churlish responses when all I was trying to do was explain your histrionic reaction to the signing of a cheap, what I consider from my viewings, decent backrower was predictably informed and morose.

I'm not trying to be humorous. I'm just trying to point out the fact that you have no idea how to engage in any kind of debate in a public forum. You have no credible knowledge of rugby league based on more than twelve years of my readings of your posts on this site and the fact that I have a photographic memory (and that's okay, the game needs it's financial supporters to buy merchandise like you) you generally present a pessimistic persona and combative approach to those who challenge you, sitting your apparently athletic, though diminutive build as something those with supportive life partners, families, children, careers, work that sustains them with something other than a pay check (I don't know maybe like working in a bank?) Not that is even a problem that is a decent job. It's just that there is more to life. More to a forum. More to 'negging' on a kid who is trying to reach his dream playing for the sea Eagles before he has even strapped on a bootlace.

Hey Ryan. I will actually Say it this way. Be kind to yourself.

I'm not going to debate you here mate your inability to consider any point of view other than your own that come across as panicky and flighty, and their are others here that have similar and more credentialed, than me which - and I hate to do this but sometimes there is no choice but to use this tactic in situations like this, it's a fire blanket on a small tinny next to a yacht situation, sometimes you need to just sort things out quickly when you'd just like to splash water on the thing but other people are looking - but a couple of degrees in ancient and modern history and English literature and a master's in Education and more than twenty years watching kids argue moot points and having to respect them and then gently guide them to an understanding of why they may have come to an understanding that might not be the way other people think, forces me to respond to your churlish responses when all I was trying to do was explain your histrionic reaction to the signing of a cheap, what I consider from my viewings, decent backrower was predictably informed and morose.

I'm not trying to be humorous. I'm just trying to point out the fact that you have no idea how to engage in any kind of debate in a public forum. You have no credible knowledge of rugby league based on more than twelve years of my readings of your posts on this site and the fact that I have a photographic memory (and that's okay, the game needs it's financial supporters to buy merchandise like you) you generally present a pessimistic persona and combative approach to those who challenge you, sitting your apparently athletic, though diminutive build as something those with supportive life partners, families, children, careers, work that sustains them with something other than a pay check (I don't know maybe like working in a bank?) Not that is even a problem that is a decent job. It's just that there is more to life. More to a forum. More to 'negging' on a kid who is trying to reach his dream playing for the sea Eagles before he has even strapped on a bootlace.

Hey Ryan. I will actually Say it this way. Be kind to yourself.

It's pay "cheque" Mr English literature - we aren't living in America. If you're going to attempt to demean someone, at least understand we are part of the Commonwealth in doing so.

Secondly, no - I will not accept that picking up players from either QLD Cup or NSW Cup teams who can't make their first grade teams is an acceptable strategy for improvement. Being that type of club destination is a recipe for disaster / failure.

I'd MUCH rather us be in a dogfight to attract the next big thing(s) coming through the juniors - or feeder clubs thanks (I think back to our days we landed JWH and others). Where are our next Snake, Matai, Gift finds? That, or scouring the country teams. Going to rugby league carnivals.

Now, You've had a go at my "diminutive" stature as you called it. I'm now asking you - be a man, and post a current picture of yourself, please. Show us all the magnificence that is @Top End Eagle ? Not some photo from 40 years ago - take a selfie, and post it. Or are you happy to put others down, but won't back that up? Let's see if you have one ounce of quality about yourself. Open yourself up to smart arse comments like that. I'll be waiting with baited breathe , but I'm guessing there will be no spine evident, and you won't do it.

Last edited:
It's pay "cheque" Mr English literature - we aren't living in America. If you're going to attempt to demean someone, at least understand we are part of the Commonwealth in doing so.

Secondly, no - I will not accept that picking up players from either QLD Cup or NSW Cup teams who can't make their first grade teams is an acceptable strategy for improvement. Being that type of club destination is a recipe for disaster / failure.

I'd MUCH rather us be in a dogfight to attract the next big thing(s) coming through the juniors - or feeder clubs thanks (I think back to our days we landed JWH and others). Where are our next Snake, Matai, Gift finds? That, or scouring the country teams. Going to rugby league carnivals.

Now, You've had a go at my "diminutive" stature as you called it. I'm now asking you - be a man, and post a current picture of yourself, please. Show us all the magnificence that is @Top End Eagle ? Not some photo from 40 years ago - take a selfie, and post it. Or are you happy to put others down, but won't back that up? Let's see if you have one ounce of quality about yourself. Open yourself up to smart arse comments like that. I'll be waiting with baited breathe , but I'm guessing there will be no spine evident, and you won't do it.

Breath has no 'e' dumb arse. I have no idea of your stature. But I want you to breathe mate before you flog yourself silly over an American predictive text correction. I'm 185 cm and currently 105kg, I know you're into this **** but I won't give you the satisfaction - I can bech a ****load more than you if I ever had to, I've lost about 20 kilos recently through intermittent fasting and cycling. I'm about to undergo bilateral knee replacements in January as a result of the three knee reconstructions I had before I was 20. I was still being contacted by NRL clubs in my early twenties to see if I had interest in playing I didn't because I was focused on university. Noel Cleal knows very well who I am. Let's let this go mate.

Flighty and panicky

That's not a photooooooooo :lipssealed: @Top End Eagle
Please Ryan, don't leave us hanging, it's finally here, I know it wasn't time, you know probably give or six years ago it was... you're right, it was just too soon... But the world's a different place, it's so open and understanding now. Grease UP BROTHER!!! LET THAT BODY SHINE SHOW IT TOO US IN ALL ITS MINIATURE GLORY!!!!!!

Breath has no 'e' dumb arse. I have no idea of your stature. But I want you to breathe mate before you flog yourself silly over an American predictive text correction. I'm 185 cm and currently 105kg, I know you're into this **** but I won't give you the satisfaction - I can bech a ****load more than you if I ever had to, I've lost about 20 kilos recently through intermittent fasting and cycling. I'm about to undergo bilateral knee replacements in January as a result of the three knee reconstructions I had before I was 20. I was still being contacted by NRL clubs in my early twenties to see if I had interest in playing I didn't because I was focused on university. Noel Cleal knows very well who I am. Let's let this go mate.

Flighty and panicky

Hey, you're the one that suggested I was diminutive. Don't get stroppy when someone responds in kind, comes across as hypocrisy. But like I said, you're happy to make comment about my appearance, and predictably, won't evidence a picture in return.

Lastly (on a serious note), FFS dude, get yourself into a pool. Intermittent fasting and cycling isn't indicative of what someone should be doing when going into hospital for multiple bilateral knee replacements (we ARE tussling back and forth here, but I'm ACTUALLY saying this to try and help).

P.S. Looking at your last 4-5 posts, you seem to be going off mate, so let's leave it here. And you called me flighty and panicky. Relax man, jesus. That pic was 14 months ago.

Hey, you're the one that suggested I was diminutive. Don't get stroppy when someone responds in kind, comes across as hypocrisy. But like I said, you're happy to make comment about my appearance, and predictably, won't evidence a picture in return.

Lastly (on a serious note), FFS dude, get yourself into a pool. Intermittent fasting and cycling isn't indicative of what someone should be doing when going into hospital for multiple bilateral knee replacements (we ARE tussling back and forth here, but I'm ACTUALLY saying this to try and help).

P.S. Looking at your last 4-5 posts, you seem to be going off mate, so let's leave it here. And you called me flighty and panicky. Relax man, jesus. That pic was 14 months ago.
I'm just stirring dude I love your passion and I don't even know what pic you are referencing. See what happens when a couple of men butt heads. **** gets sorted and they shake hands. I'm swimming every day, my patellas are dust my tibias are necrotising and bi-lateral means both knees. I'm forty two so I'm the youngest guy the ortho has ever done a single knee replacement on let alone both at once.

Anyway Condon will surprise you take it easy enjoy the silly season focus on the World Cup, I'll post a pic to the forum on February 1. With Abs. It's a Challenge.

Hey, you're the one that suggested I was diminutive.
Your in great company feathered friend Ryan...

Diminutive perspective time ....

Greatness is not defined by how big our body is but how big our character and talent is
Geoff Toovey
Diego Maradona
Ludwin van Beethoven
Pablo Picaso

The Mesmerising Kylie Minogue​

See the source image

I'm just stirring dude I love your passion and I don't even know what pic you are referencing. See what happens when a couple of men butt heads. **** gets sorted and they shake hands. I'm swimming every day, my patellas are dust my tibias are necrotising and bi-lateral means both knees. I'm forty two so I'm the youngest guy the ortho has ever done a single knee replacement on let alone both at once.

Anyway Condon will surprise you take it easy enjoy the silly season focus on the World Cup, I'll post a pic to the forum on February 1. With Abs. It's a Challenge.

The weight loss will help heaps mate. It was the same with my Aunty. Why the hell are your knees so **** at 42?

I used to play schoolboy reps in both League and union, and played it so much at one point, I got water under the knee. Doesn't sound like much, but fmd it HURT man, so I'm feeling ya.

I actually played against Jason Taylor's team at St Greg's College. Haha. His team were monsters. I won't elaborate on the score. I got sent off the game for a trip haha. Late in the game though. Not my proudest moment.

I was a Toovey style halfback. Small, but never backed down to the big fellas.

Unfortunately I was much better at rugby union.

I'm neither here nor there on Condon, haven't seen enough of him but at 22 willing to give the kid a chance as he is not a signing to be parachuted straight into the 17.

Every club makes these sort of pickups, even Penrith (albeit with an imposing squad) have picked up Garner and Hosking.

In a utopia you have stars and budding stars but thats not the real world.

We certainly need to be looking at improving the roster and for 24 I'd be looking at 1-2 names like Robson, Penisini, Leinu and Martin. But in seems in the long term the club is banking on its youth.

We have your stars in Turbo, DCE and Jake.

You're young NRL regulars with upside in Garrick Shuster, Olakau'atu Koula, Paseka, Saab

And your emerging talent in Weekes, L Fainu, S Fainu, B Trbojevic, Tuitavake, Fulton, Fifita etc.

The club just better hope we continue to see development in our young NRL talent and some of our emerging stars burst through.

A blue chip pickup or two would certainly help though

The weight loss will help heaps mate. It was the same with my Aunty. Why the hell are your knees so **** at 42?

I used to play schoolboy reps in both League and union, and played it so much at one point, I got water under the knee. Doesn't sound like much, but fmd it HURT man, so I'm feeling ya.

I actually played against Jason Taylor's team at St Greg's College. Haha. His team were monsters. I won't elaborate on the score. I got sent off the game for a trip haha. Late in the game though. Not my proudest moment.

I was a Toovey style halfback. Small, but never backed down to the big fellas.

Unfortunately I was much better at rugby union.
My knees are **** cause I don't listen to my body and and as I said had three knee recos by nineteen. I walked into my orthopaedic surgeon and said maybe you can do an arthroscopic clean out on my right knee in the school holidays, it's giving me bit of grief, and he looked at my MRI results and his jaw hit the floor. Both my patellas are basically dust and the top of the bone on the bottom of my leg is necrotising. I've got four kids under thirteen so I haven't had much time to worry about myself with everything else going on in the world lately so yeah, two plastic knees coming up in the new year thanks Santa Claus.

My knees are **** cause I don't listen to my body and and as I said had three knee recos by nineteen. I walked into my orthopaedic surgeon and said maybe you can do an arthroscopic clean out on my right knee in the school holidays, it's giving me bit of grief, and he looked at my MRI results and his jaw hit the floor. Both my patellas are basically dust and the top of the bone on the bottom of my leg is necrotising. I've got four kids under thirteen so I haven't had much time to worry about myself with everything else going on in the world lately so yeah, two plastic knees coming up in the new year thanks Santa Claus.

Jeez,mate, good luck with it all, and I hope it goes well for you, and you feel no pain going forward. Those 4 chillies need their old man firing on all cylinders !! We might squabble on Silvertails, but we both know health, love and family come first.

Are you two planning on turning this into a "tete a tete" anytime soon @Ryan @Top End Eagle ? This developing bromance has become sickening to all Silvertails that are looking for their daily fix of drama.

Just kidding guys, the process of finding common ground can be a very good thing. Just don't start singing Kumbaya; that would be vomit-inducing.

PS I believe Ben Condon will go much better than you think, Ryan. Let's wait and see.

Last edited:
Your in great company feathered friend Ryan...

Diminutive perspective time ....

Greatness is not defined by how big our body is but how big our character and talent is
Geoff Toovey
Diego Maradona
Ludwin van Beethoven
Pablo Picaso

The Mesmerising Kylie Minogue​

See the source image
I love diminiative

Are you two planning on turning this into a "tete a tete" anytime soon @Ryan @Top End Eagle ? This developing bromance has become sickening to all Silvertails that are looking for their daily fix of drama.

Just kidding guys, the process of finding common ground can be a very good thing. Just don't start singing Kumbaya; that would be vomit-inducing.

PS I believe Ben Condon will go much better than you think, Ryan. Let's wait and see.
We are trying drum up interest in our new podcast 'Ryan and The Fat Man' brought to you by square space, Lions Mane Nutropics CBD intermittent fasting App delivered by Zendesk work from home bed in a box the best night sleep you're ever going to have, hey are you sick of not knowing how to go to the post office? Let me tell you Retard Post takes all the hassle right out of it for you. All you have to do is throw something on the floor and a team of expertly trained North Australian Green Tree Ants will show up to your door and take care of that for you. No more lining up, no more fussing with envelopes. For just three dollars a month these critters will come to your house and nest in your trees, I don't really know what they do with your mail, we are still working on that, but the best part, you can take the green abdomen part off there tiny inferior life-form body and get the highest ascorbic and vitamin C acid yield **** per gram hit in the world right in and around your mouth included with the post subscription plan.

Again hit us up on the patron that's Ryan and the Fat-Man Podcast on Apple play and wherever you listen!

Make sure you rate and recommend!

We are trying drum up interest in our new podcast 'Ryan and The Fat Man' brought to you by square space, Lions Mane Nutropics CBD intermittent fasting App delivered by Zendesk work from home bed in a box the best night sleep you're ever going to have, hey are you sick of not knowing how to go to the post office? Let me tell you Retard Post takes all the hassle right out of it for you. All you have to do is throw something on the floor and a team of expertly trained North Australian Green Tree Ants will show up to your door and take care of that for you. No more lining up, no more fussing with envelopes. For just three dollars a month these critters will come to your house and nest in your trees, I don't really know what they do with your mail, we are still working on that, but the best part, you can take the green abdomen part off there tiny inferior life-form body and get the highest ascorbic and vitamin C acid yield **** per gram hit in the world right in and around your mouth included with the post subscription plan.

Again hit us up on the patron that's Ryan and the Fat-Man Podcast on Apple play and wherever you listen!

Make sure you rate and recommend!

I would have been a keen prescriber to the podcast, up until ... you both started crying and hugging each other like yr 8 school girls ... and promising to be BBF's forevar ...

I would have been a keen prescriber to the podcast, up until ... you both started crying and hugging each other like yr 8 school girls ... and promising to be BBF's forevar ...
Its gonna get ugly. I thought he and EOL were expecting twins after there altercations went offline and retuned sounding like chip and dale who had both just climaxed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8