Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
And during that time, we get to see a few first graders, playing with Blacktown quality plugs. You can carry 1-2 in a fair team. Not Tuilagi, Sipley, Condon, Croker, Parker, Harper, Bullemor, Dias, Matterson, Fulton, Tuipulotu, Kurt De Luis, Boyle& so many others.

We'd better get used to the Panthers, Chooks and others monstering us unfortunately.
Bit harsh Ryan, the only team monstering us and the other 16 teams including the Dolphins are the Panthers. I give us a shot against everyone else tho...

Confirmed.

Ben Condon. Unreal signing. Mestrov/Seibold/Manly ain’t pulling punches here. Straight off the top shelf.
Top job from the marketing team scouring the internet for photos to go with the presser to demonstrate his excitement at signing with Manly. I'm pretty sure most fans feel the same way.

1666176874649.png

Bit harsh Ryan, the only team monstering us and the other 16 teams including the Dolphins are the Panthers. I give us a shot against everyone else tho...
Sharks absolutely flogged us twice this year and my 8 yr old son wasn't even a twinkle last time we got close to the vermin...

I've enjoyed stretching and blowing up the Condon name for off-season giggles but in an attempt to be optimistic, I could point to the fact that a lot of us felt Haumole Olakau'atu was held back a year or two by De$.
During a time when Manly were not going going so bad, we were all still wondering why Haumole was not given a chance in 1st grade. He eventually delivered on that potential once given the opportunity.
Same club, different coach. It could happen again for all we know with Condon, because we still know very little about him!
Based on his age, height and weight he's at least that much similar to the Schmole.

Haumole Olakau'atu - Age 24 - Height 196cm - Weight 112kg
Ben Condon - Age 22 - Height 196cm - Weight 109kg

HOPEFULLY... MAYBE... there could be more similarities and pleasant surprises as we unwrap the mysterious Condon. I'll probably keep ribbing him though

Haven 't really seen much of Condon , certainly does not lack size and just some references of him being a fairly vigorous type forward . Work rate such a big requirement with the type of ruck play these days , so ideally he is not lacking there , Had guys like Waddell and recently Davey [ who of course did go well in the main ] to fit that mould , Haumole is a class above this and damm hope that Tuilagi can step up a bit . Burbo may be able to still show a bit more authority , maybe he has to bulk up a bit . Guess that it mainly comes down to having the right playmakers to set things in the right attacking motion with the back rowers in particular and reasonable ruck line speed to especially keep some of the better attacking sides in check .

Haven 't really seen much of Condon , certainly does not lack size and just some references of him being a fairly vigorous type forward . Work rate such a big requirement with the type of ruck play these days , so ideally he is not lacking there , Had guys like Waddell and recently Davey [ who of course did go well in the main ] to fit that mould , Haumole is a class above this and damm hope that Tuilagi can step up a bit . Burbo may be able to still show a bit more authority , maybe he has to bulk up a bit . Guess that it mainly comes down to having the right playmakers to set things in the right attacking motion with the back rowers in particular and reasonable ruck line speed to especially keep some of the better attacking sides in check .
Ben really is a massive ?. Its going take a lot to convince me he's 1st grade material.

Ben really is a massive ?. Its going take a lot to convince me he's 1st grade material.
Certainly went well against the West Tigers [ ist game ] but maybe not the best yard stick . By bulking up [ realize he is a fair size now ] meant more in the strength and power department and better contact in defence , Same with Bullemor , though Bullemor does have quite reasonable leg drive . Also recall Burbo scoring a couple of runaway tries in the junior rep sides and be surprised if he has lost any speed in recent times . Down a notch or two as a centre , just may have to again just find something more to go a bit better in the back row .

At least we have a a new coaching team that I hope are not going to pick and stick with underperformers. So everybody in the top 30 should feel like they have a shot at selection which I dearly hope is based on form. All players in the top 30 that don't get selected in the 18 each week need to be playing football at Blacktown. I cannot understand what Des was thinking last year. Condon is very young and a big unit with plenty of potential. He looks to be a good replacement for Davey. I wish we could get just one mongrel in our pack and a gun centre to join Koula.

At least we have a a new coaching team that I hope are not going to pick and stick with underperformers. So everybody in the top 30 should feel like they have a shot at selection which I dearly hope is based on form. All players in the top 30 that don't get selected in the 18 each week need to be playing football at Blacktown. I cannot understand what Des was thinking last year. Condon is very young and a big unit with plenty of potential. He looks to be a good replacement for Davey. I wish we could get just one mongrel in our pack and a gun centre to join Koula.
YES! to mongrel and centre. Just dont know where theyre going to come from.

I
Certainly went well against the West Tigers [ ist game ] but maybe not the best yard stick . By bulking up [ realize he is a fair size now ] meant more in the strength and power department and better contact in defence , Same with Bullemor , though Bullemor does have quite reasonable leg drive . Also recall Burbo scoring a couple of runaway tries in the junior rep sides and be surprised if he has lost any speed in recent times . Down a notch or two as a centre , just may have to again just find something more to go a bit better in the back row .
I Imagine the weight of his brothers is also a little tough to carry. But he needs to find something in the off season.

B
Both Parker and Harper off contract next year so maybe a new centre then if we don't extend them , I don't see us keeping both

Not going all in here, but i remember when we played the cows in 21 he made some impact and left an impression of sorts.

the pack needs turnover, upgrading and a bit more stick so 3 newbies is a start.
these signings depend on where they fall in the roster.

de luis, bullemor, keppie and boyle are all borderline. maybe a few will be released, some dont have contracts even

harper, parker, bully, players on cheaper contracts can be moved on easily if the next club just extends

maybe a mega swap deal at doggies involving kyle. the dogs want a 7

damien cook is caught in the spine cap stuff souths have going on, and prob knows seibold

i hope eddie jones brings a kicking coach to help with short kick offs and drops outs. FFS we are hopeless unless its a gomer pyle surprise

I had a mate call me this morning (knows his league but supports another club)

He says (unprompted) that you guys (Manly) have made a really good signing. Really promising player who was stuck behind some really good players at the Cowboys.

I said you can't be right, as the Manly fan forum say he's pretty useless!

I had a mate call me this morning (knows his league but supports another club)

He says (unprompted) that you guys (Manly) have made a really good signing. Really promising player who was stuck behind some really good players at the Cowboys.

I said you can't be right, as the Manly fan forum say he's pretty useless!
And the Manly fan forum is full of X- Premiership winning coaches and players so they would know ,,,right .
You know the story Rocky unless he scores 3 try's, saves 4, and sets up 5 he will be labelled a plodder
Just sayin

And the Manly fan forum is full of X- Premiership winning coaches and players so they would know ,,,right .
Yes Manly fans do have an idea what premiership winning players are made of

We have seen many in our exciting and glorious Manly conquering days :)

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Sharks absolutely flogged us twice this year and my 8 yr old son wasn't even a twinkle last time we got close to the vermin...
They did FS, that was last season. Clean slate as of March next year. I'm a super optimist tho, it's a fresh coach with new ideas, if we hit the ground running, then it's a whole new ball game, let's wait and see.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12