Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I want to see some more of Whare on the wing he was solid there in the one game he played this year & he's not going to crack a centre spot without someone getting hurt, Farrar adds good depth and @ least he wants to be @ the club unlike that hypocrite hoppa.

God said:
Farrar adds good depth and @ least he wants to be @ the club unlike that hypocrite hoppa.

Well said God! Agree Farrar's a good utility back-up and I didn't want to lose him in the first place. He left with the possibility of returning in 2012 and I'm glad it's come through.

Hi,
I have read that Ben is back for 2012 but have not heard any further mention. He is a good player - will he play on the wing?
What do others think? :D

Doubt he'll play on the wing. Although he could do. He'll probably be used as a utility and back up fullback.

Wasn't he used mainly in the 3 or 4 last time he was here? He can play fullback. With a fit Snake, Matai and Lyon, he will struggle to get a run.

I can see him being used in a Willo type utility role off of the bench or as a backup for injuries

How big is Ben? From memory, i thought he was not that big of a bloke. Do you think he could come off the bench into the forwards?

He played a few games on the wing for us and the Cowboys, so he is capable there. Don't see why he wouldn't get first shot at one wing spot seeing as we have no Robbo, no Hoppa and no Wolfie.

Not really first grade material in a decent team.

Put him behind Whare and Oldfield when looking for backup 3/4's and hope Brett stays injury fee.

Chip and Chase said:
He played a few games on the wing for us and the Cowboys, so he is capable there. Don't see why he wouldn't get first shot at one wing spot seeing as we have no Robbo, no Hoppa and no Wolfie.

I read his profile, and from memory he is a winger / centre but filled in at fullback when Snake was injured. The general view was that he did a good job but he had not played fullback since school.
He is young too which is good.

The Eagle said:
Can't catch, great defender and obvious manly fan, the reserve we need (nsw cup)
LOL-He is 89kgs / 180cms.
http://www.zerotackle.com.au/manly-ben-farrar-2012-3889/

I actually think he played in the halves in his junior days. I can see him only as a backup to be honest and I'd prefer an Wolfman/Oldfield wing combination to start 2012.

bob dylan said:

Put him behind Whare and Oldfield when looking for backup 3/4's and hope Brett stays injury fee.

Why are the 2 names mentioned better than Farrar ? And why would Farrar not be 1st grade material in a decent team ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
bob dylan said:

Why are the 2 names mentioned better than Farrar ? And why would Farrar not be 1st grade material in a decent team ?
He played well in the UK, and as I recall played great in 2010 at fullback when Snake was out for the season with his knee. I just assume he was slot back into first grade - hence me asking the question as I had heard no mention of him from anyone here.
Time will tell I guess :)

Really, i think if Oldfield is gonna make it he needs to get first crack at the vacant wing spot. Farrar might find his way there soon enough but i think his main role will be back up with Whare and others. I would be interested to see how he goes in a utility role.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11