Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
Would have loved to hang onto Farrar. He was one of our most consistent contributers last year, and provides cover for just about every backline position

Totally agree.  To the knockers, no he might not have made a difference last night but so what, he'd be a handy centre/winger to cover for injuries for us over the next few weeks.

Very much hoping Farrar comes back to Manly next year, which there was talk of happening when we unfortunately let him go.

Ben FARRAR

Not sure if has been mentioend on here but i'm reliably advised that Ben FARRAR is coming back to Manly next year.

He is a great player but I thought we had centres covered?? I guess he could take HOPPAS"s spot next year, back up fullback etc??
cheers
E.W

RE: Ben FARRAR

This has been mentioned already in other threads already.
Most recently:
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Weakness-for-Next-Year

Ben Farrar - Confirmed

Robinson confirmed that the 24-year-old Farrar will return to Manly Sea Eagles after declining the option of a second year in Perpignan.
Farrar started the Dragons' opening 13 Super League matches before damaging knee ligaments in a Challenge Cup tie at Leigh in May.
"Ben wants to have another crack in the NRL," said Robinson. "He's been really good for us. Sadly the injury didn't help but we'd welcome him back at some stage."

Official

The club would never report the signing, so this is the best we can hope for.

Welcome home Ben.

RE: Ben Farrar - Confirmed

Awesome news. He can slot straight into the vacant winger spot we hav available!

Ps. Where did that quote come from?

Not fussed whether he returns or not, but after Robbo announcing he's going to ESL, Ben will be a handy back up. First choice winger snext year should be Wolf and Oldfield - no questions!

Don't really see him as a winger to be honest, but with Snake likely to have knee problems for the rest of his career he will be more than handy back up.

Great news, he was great by the time he left us so happy to have him back.

Excellent news. Always hoped he'd be back, like he was supposed to return after a year, so really glad its happening. Very handy utility back.

EagleRock40 said:
First choice winger snext year should be Wolf and Oldfield - no questions!
Oldfield?...big question mark there. Speed means nothing, if you defend like a windmill.

I doubt the club are relying on Williams to play next year, they'd be stupid to count on any player with an injury like he has.

Should be a good competition for spots out wide next year. Farrar, Oldfield, Whare, Davey & Shorter should all be in the mix, plus Williams once he gets back to it.

agree, Brett may be strugling for quite a while and great replacement for sure. We don't really have anyone else.

Not a fan. Smallish, no penetration and not great defensively. Can't see where the hype is coming from. Better to hang onto Whare, Oldfield and a few others.

He's just back-up depth, and I'd guess at a quite good price. He has experience and did well when we had him before. Not well enough to command a spot in our full-strength team, but like I said, a solid back-up, and good bloke.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8