Ben Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our ****ing idiot coach should have given him more game time. If he good enough to get in the 17 then he's good enough to put on the field. Who knows how much enthusiasm he could brought into the game. Had the chance to let Keppie cool his heels. Couldn't of been as bad as others on the field.
Or by this sites logic.

we level up at 12 all. Ben comes on. Ben makes a howler. Ben is vilified by the same so called supporters screaming he be bought on. Ben's confidence is shot for a good period of time.

He would have been well aware that if this ended up a close one he would have been lucky to get on.

Sure he may have done something amazing but its generally the other way round.

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Should have brought him in at half time

You’d think then Turbo would actually show up and not coast through the game to be fit for origin.
yeah its a shame Tom didn't turn up. lets sell him.

do you honestly think Tom doesn't give 199% every time he crosses the white line? some days just dont work out. today was one.

He made some monumental defensive efforts out there today. perhaps he was trying......

Mataiforever

Bencher
yeah its a shame Tom didn't turn up. lets sell him.

do you honestly think Tom doesn't give 199% every time he crosses the white line? some days just dont work out. today was one.

He made some monumental defensive efforts out there today. perhaps he was trying......
Why the 'lets sell him' thing - when did I ever allude to that?

I didn't think he was 100% there mentally which you could see when he wasn't floating out the back in attack and chiming in as much. was a tough game however.

redlineg

Reserve Grader
Typical dog shot from Klemmer but of course he gets 10 minutes, he should have been sent off not sin binned.
Or maybe sin binned players are required to fulfill their 10 minutes in carry over games. I.e. David Klemmer then needs to stay off with Knights down to 12 in their next game for 9 minutes and 40 seconds.
Just throwing it out there!

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Tom couldn't get into the game because the forwards were beaten in the middle. Same goes for Cherry who busted his arse.
Agree that we were shaded in the forwards. But the fact that Cummins forgot how to measure a 10-metre distance whenever we had the ball and let them jump offside wherever he was standing anyway didn't do our boys any favours. The "Get 'em onside, ref!" screams were deafening at my house. And that was from my wife, who's nominally a Cowboys supporter. Throw in the latitude they were allowed in the ruck (as opposed to Cummins yelling at our blokes if they looked like hanging on for 0.075 of a second) and we were on a hiding to nothing. To my mind, that that had far more effect on the game than the lopsided penalty count/sin bins.

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why the 'lets sell him' thing - when did I ever allude to that?

I didn't think he was 100% there mentally which you could see when he wasn't floating out the back in attack and chiming in as much. was a tough game however.
not directed at you with the lets sell him quip.

as I've just put in another post everyone can have an off day. In my opinion his 'off' day really wasn't that bad.. a lot of D for turbo today. some of his covering saved at least 2 or 3 tries today. I call good game from him ( yes not his normal 10 star performance i know but...) considering the Lopsided penalty count and complete stitch up from the ref he did ok.....

But is that your point? OK is not good enough?

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Brilliant idea, let’s bring Ben turbo on the field when the match is in the balance, perfect time to make your debut...
If Tom couldn’t do anything special why do people think Ben was going to be the messiah.

Let’s not forget Bellamy didn’t bring Hynes on the field at all in last years grand final due to the match being in the balance.

Just because he was named on the bench today doesn’t automatically mean he gets his dream debut. I’m sure if we were up well he would’ve gotten a lot more than 90 seconds.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Have to agree that was one of their poorer performances this year as a pack.
The only thing the Knights still had was a solid pack. We've simply run out of forwards, caught up with us today, even though Lawton was again good and in fact I think our guys were very good in defence given how much defence they were forced to do.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Tom couldn't get into the game because the forwards were beaten in the middle. Same goes for Cherry who busted his arse.
I have one concern with the trail of this logic. If DCE cannot perform without a dominant forward pack why do we pay him the amount we do? Should we not be investing in the right forward pack and balance than giving it all to DCE, or Turbo for that matter?

Psychologically, what do we create as a team? We place all this symbolic value on a couple of perceived glamour positions and tell our forwards they are just grunt to lay a platform? Would it work better if we pulled in the heads of those superstars and acknowledged the value of the grunts? Oh, and this is purely energetic dynamics, I'm not suggesting this is the conscious state of DCE, Turbo or any body else... It's about how do we craft a winning team

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
I have one concern with the trail of this logic. If DCE cannot perform without a dominant forward pack why do we pay him the amount we do? Should we not be investing in the right forward pack and balance than giving it all to DCE, or Turbo for that matter?

Psychologically, what do we create as a team? We place all this symbolic value on a couple of perceived glamour positions and tell our forwards they are just grunt to lay a platform? Would it work better if we pulled in the heads of those superstars and acknowledged the value of the grunts? Oh, and this is purely energetic dynamics, I'm not suggesting this is the conscious state of DCE, Turbo or any body else... It's about how do we craft a winning team
WTF, we ARE crafting a winning team (although half of them are injured). Last time I looked, the forwards are there to do the heavy lifting or “grunt work”.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Brilliant idea, let’s bring Ben turbo on the field when the match is in the balance, perfect time to make your debut...
If Tom couldn’t do anything special why do people think Ben was going to be the messiah.

Let’s not forget Bellamy didn’t bring Hynes on the field at all in last years grand final due to the match being in the balance.

Just because he was named on the bench today doesn’t automatically mean he gets his dream debut. I’m sure if we were up well he would’ve gotten a lot more than 90 seconds.
Nup. It’s a game of 17 on 17 - except here it was 17 on 18 (ref) which kind of goes to my point.
We spent a full 20 minutes with one less player than they had, exhausting our on field blokes. Yet Dessie only brought fresh legs on for relief very late in the game, further exhausting the poor bastards. Add to that, Zac is only on for half a second before going off with a smashed head and Paseka HIA time and you’ve got 13 busted blokes who’ve tacked their bums off due to a criminal penalty count. To not use the full 17, regardless of who they were, was beyond ridiculous.
Bench management seems to be an Achilles heel for Des.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Our issues today weren't the forwards - our issue was no 6 and Turbo missing. All they had to do was sweat on DCE - really easy when they are only having to watch wherever DCE is. I wouldn't have put Burbo on either - if you watch closely - he is just not strong enough yet - gets bounced off tackles and can't drag guys down.
After Keppie's second offence it would of been the time to give Burbo a go. I agree our 6 was our biggest problem, but we had Lawton at 2nd row and if he wanted to keep Keppie on he could of hooked Funa, Burbo to 2nd row, Lawton hooker and Croker at 6. I know he did that later in the game but it was too late. Has Funa ever played 5/8th? Didn't look like it to me.

We had nothing in attack so what did we have to lose.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Agree that we were shaded in the forwards. But the fact that Cummins forgot how to measure a 10-metre distance whenever we had the ball and let them jump offside wherever he was standing anyway didn't do our boys any favours. The "Get 'em onside, ref!" screams were deafening at my house. And that was from my wife, who's nominally a Cowboys supporter. Throw in the latitude they were allowed in the ruck (as opposed to Cummins yelling at our blokes if they looked like hanging on for 0.075 of a second) and we were on a hiding to nothing. To my mind, that that had far more effect on the game than the lopsided penalty count/sin bins.
All that just adds to the smell

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep this is exactly how I see it as well. It was the worst game defensively by our middle forwards this season. It also didn't help that Newcastle were constantly offside, and never penalised for this. However, the Newcastle forwards clearly won that battle yesterday.

The Indian

Bencher
I was at the game and don't buy that Turbo didn't turn up. He was asked to cover a lot of ground in defence, standing at fullback with the opposition attacking aving to cover defence on both sides of the ruck for a 'grubber kick or a tackle is energy sapping and he had to do it all day thanks to "leg up "Cummins.

And also look at our first try - Tom sprints from the right hand side of the ruck to get involved in a move on the left, about 8 Knights players audibly scream Turbo, Turbo, Turbo as he looms up on DCE right .... DCE goes left and all the Knights have their eyes on Turbo and so Lawton goes through untouched.

Ditto when Tommy hit Garrick with a long ball on a kick return that saw garrick go 50m downfield cause the Knights were Tommy obsessed.

It's not always the line breaks and tries that Turbo causes.... it's the attention he draws off other players. Just cause he doesn't make 3 line breaks and setup 4 tries don't be fooled into thinking he's not playing well. Somebody else has to take some heat off him too.

After Keppie's second offence it would of been the time to give Burbo a go. I agree our 6 was our biggest problem, but we had Lawton at 2nd row and if he wanted to keep Keppie on he could of hooked Funa, Burbo to 2nd row, Lawton hooker and Croker at 6. I know he did that later in the game but it was too late. Has Funa ever played 5/8th? Didn't look like it to me.

We had nothing in attack so what did we have to lose.
No I am sure the closest he has come to wearing a 5/8 jersey was when he picked up the wrong one in the dressing shed before a game! Not his fault though but when the Knights only had to focus on defending wherever DCE was that made it hard for us. Agreed Croker should have been 6 all game and Lawnton 9.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16