Ben Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
If he wasn't ready, he shouldn't have been named in the seventeen. We don't have the luxury of naming players in the seventeen who aren't ready for first grade. It seems to me that we potentially had two passengers in our seventeen yesterday. Funa who should never have been named as five eight, and possibly Burbo (who you argue wasn't ready to be there). Yes we are well down on troops but apart from that I don't see much logic in those decisions.
Who else was there? (honest question)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Croker is a 5/8 playing hooker, Lawton is a hooker/half playing 2nd row, Keppie is a prop playing edge, Tom is a 2nd rower playing fullback and Jake is a half in a props body ... playing out of position is just part of football ..

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Funa has been horribly managed at Manly. Throwing him in at 5/8 was a travesty. If I was him would seek a transfer to Melbourne - where he would likely thrive.

Memories of Tom Wright, though Tom had experience as a five eighth. But like Funa, he should have taken a wing or centre position.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Funa actually saw himself as a 5/8 in the juniors and played there in Harold Matts and SG Ball...When he first came into u/20s there was a selection of halves in front of him (Cust, Tom Wright etc.) so he was put a little wider in the centres (a natural demotion from 6). Then, when those players moved up, Wayne Lambkin (then u/20s coach) manufactured him into a fullback because the likes of Jade Anderson went up to NSW Cup and on the fringe of FG.

So, he has never really nailed down a position. He is not completely untried at 5/8, although I wouldn't call u/16s and u/18s professional experience.

I think he is a real trier but I don't see more than a squad player in him to be honest; he is Brendan Elliot.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Funa actually saw himself as a 5/8 in the juniors and played there in Harold Matts and SG Ball...When he first came into u/20s there was a selection of halves in front of him (Cust, Tom Wright etc.) so he was put a little wider in the centres (a natural demotion from 6). Then, when those players moved up, Wayne Lambkin (then u/20s coach) manufactured him into a fullback because the likes of Jade Anderson went up to NSW Cup and on the fringe of FG.

So, he has never really nailed down a position. He is not completely untried at 5/8, although I wouldn't call u/16s and u/18s professional experience.

I think he is a real trier but I don't see more than a squad player in him to be honest; he is Brendan Elliot.

Makes sense Snake. Seems unfortunate that he didn't have the chance to pin down a position so he could learn the needs of that position over an extended period. He's got skill, but I suspect he's on the outer and wont be with us next year. A shame.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12