Benefit of the #@%$ing doubt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently the deadball line call was made from the touchie who is about 30m away...surely after the video ref saw it before the line dropout was taken it could have been our penalty on halfway??

The refereeing was a disgrace. I haven't seen the post match press conference but I'm hoping Dessie let loose. I cannot believe how incompetent these referees are.

My mate asked a good question. Why are both refs on the halfway line at kick off? Bit redundant. Would make much more sense if one was at the dead ball line.

About that kick off out: What did the replays on tv show? And what did the commentators say? I personally thought the ball was in by a few millimetres from where I was sitting.

Snake called to ref "The mark is there on the dead ball line.

Ref to Snake - "thats ok you can fix it up tomorrow"

Only good thing about **** calls as someone pointed out - didn't let it bring the team down & the boys just got on with it - a refreshing attitude similar to 2008. :)

MK Eagle said:
Snake called to ref "The mark is there on the dead ball line.

Ref to Snake - "thats ok you can fix it up tomorrow"

Only good thing about s**t calls as someone pointed out - didn't let it bring the team down & the boys just got on with it - a refreshing attitude similar to 2008. :)
Just because the refs. a clown it does'nt make him a comedian.

On friday night, (i think it was in the Parra game) the video ref had a word to the onfield referee and they reversed a decision originally ruled a drop out to a 20m tap. Why couldn't have that been done yesterday?

Merrits foot was also definately grounded dead when he flicked that ball back for that "try".

We got a few dodgy calls but in the end we won fairly comfortably. I wasn't in any doubt we would score again when we got behind. I did doubt the referees ability to not be morons and gift souths another try or 2 though.

No point in whinging about it i guess. I'll be very surprised if anything happens to those referees.

captainskin said:
About that kick off out: What did the replays on tv show? And what did the commentators say? I personally thought the ball was in by a few millimetres from where I was sitting.

it was well and truly out. It landed half on the line half out of play, perhaps maybe an inch of the ball was maybe in but it was certainly out by an easy margin and the commentators grudgingly agreed.

The referees should have just had the video check it, it is only doing everyone including themselves an injustice in refusing to check it

Heard after the game that Harrigan was not impressed with Suttor. He has some 'please explain' work to do with Big Bill over the 'well they'll just have to fix it tomorrow' comment to the Manly players after they pointed out to him that there was a mark from where the ball hit the touch-in-goal line. Presumably also not for referring it to Gerry Mander in the video ref's box. Although Mr Mander's efforts in awarding two dubious lokking tries to Souths might indicate he would have sided with Suttor anyway.

Daniel said:
it was well and truly out. It landed half on the line half out of play, perhaps maybe an inch of the ball was maybe in but it was certainly out by an easy margin and the commentators grudgingly agreed.

The referees should have just had the video check it, it is only doing everyone including themselves an injustice in refusing to check it

Dan, you are tired and the eyes are bleary.

I watched that 4 times and saw it land closer to the inside than the outside of the line. My opinion is still that it should have been called out as it touched ie was "on" the line but it was a very close call & certainly not half OUT of play.

I think the emotion of having children has swamped your vision with a love induced mistyness.

Yet another one Harrigan believes the vidoe ref was wrong awarding the try to Merrit! At least this one didnt decide the game.

You may be right but it only needs to touch the line by a mm first and it's out. Close or not it was clearly out

captainskin said:

I agree.
The abc commentators didn't dwell on it.
From where I sat it looked just in.
As others said, thankfully we still won well later.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4