Best wishes Jayden

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Should have been replaced straight away and checked out rather than left on. You could see right away he wasn't right and was questioning the support staff about continuing.

The loss was poor, how we handled this young fella was worse.

Manly Sea Eagles hooker Jayden Hodges cleared of serious neck injury
Manly hooker Jayden Hodges has been released from hospital after being cleared of a serious neck injury.
THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD - SMH.COM.AU

NRL says please explain after Manly's Jayden Hodges kept playing after injury

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-says-please-explain-after-manlys-jayden-hodges-kept-playing-after-injury-20140916-10hrzn.html#ixzz3DTPkvsjB

(more nrl unsettling tactics)

Maybe that is a fair criticism. I think the SMH is a fantastic news source and covers a wide cross-section of opinion on all subjects, but having waded through their negative Manly articles for weeks I am losing all patience with the clowns in their sports department.

ManlyBacker said:
Maybe that is a fair criticism. I think the SMH is a fantastic news source and covers a wide cross-section of opinion on all subjects, but having waded through their negative Manly articles for weeks I am losing all patience with the clowns in their sports department.

Hey MB - the clowns (in every circus) will be trying to unrest us this week.
Choc gone for the week and then we may never see him again in our colours.
But we don't take it lying down and I think if our players are well substituted from injuries - we're in with a real chance. These guys are professional contracted players and should play as they are - on a contract.
Leave the kids stuff for Play School and get on with the game.
As Sir Alex Ferguson used to say at Manchester United - "No one is bigger than the Club".

He's Paul Shaw with an Afro....oh wait, didn't Paul Shaw have an Afro?.

A lot to like about this guy but we need MB for Saturday. There was just too much room around the ruck. Let's hope MB gets healthy in time.

Yeah I see we're largely agreeing, in that Jayden's health is/was number 1.

My point was with Donny tending to him, he was in good hands, but there's a grey-area even then (for a man as competent-and-caring as Donny is).

It wasn't as clear-cut as straight-up concussion; and I'd say Donny asked about side-to-side movement, pins-and-needles anywhere and so on. He would've been in that position countless times and just as often the courage of a player (and a fine young man like Jayden wanting to impress and help the team) and he'd be reassuring Donny he was Ok, even though in pain. Which he must've done to stay on so long as he did. it looked like a pinch-nerve in his neck, the way it came and went so rapidly and that wouldn't happen with major bone or structural damage. Though he probly should've come off after the 2nd stoppage; not the 4th. These young men are tough and just so brave to want to stay out there despite any risks, and help their mates.

Ultimately and luckily there wasn't serious injury; so any criticism of Manly here is just the same BS ignoring the facts.

I'm sensing Jayden's a keeper; many of us agree. But there is only one Matty B. Quite possibly as important a cog in our machine as Killer, Snake, Skivi, Foz, Chez etc. etc.

We may well be too beaten up to get over the Dog$.

We could still muster-up enough resistance to herd THEM out instead!

Next year either way, is already sending interesting signals (as is the case with Manly far more often than not).

Next year Toovey should rotate him and Ballin in games to give him more NRL experience, even if it's just 20 minutes a game. Would benefit us in the long run. Been very impressed with him so far and glad he's not seriously injured.

Manly To Win! said:
Next year Toovey should rotate him and Ballin in games to give him more NRL experience, even if it's just 20 minutes a game. Would benefit us in the long run. Been very impressed with him so far and glad he's not seriously injured.

Yes I agree, it worked well with Le Stranger so can't see why it wouldn't with this fella, same sort of "livewire" as well.

AND, the added bonus of making it a bit easier on MB

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8