Big news to break at Manly - Gus Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So Trent Barrett is doing the bolt from Manly?

That’s news to the Sea Eagles coach, who fronted his players on Thursday to rubbish reports he was looking to exit the troubled club.

Barrett met with his manager and legal team on Wednesday to reportedly examine certain conditions and clauses in his contract – mainly around resources and staff structure – but there is no danger of him leaving.

Barrett is committed to seeing out the remainder of his contract, which is due to end in 2020, despite some close to him urging him to get out now.

“I didn’t hear anything about him leaving so I was a bit surprised,” hooker Api Koroisau said.

“Baz came in and said he’s not going anywhere.

“It was huge. To know he has our backs and is staying gives us a lot of confidence.

“It’s not like him to run away. He’s the man.”

Forward Frank Winterstein added: “There was some word going on (that he wanted out) but he addressed that and said he ain’t going nowhere.

“We didn’t take much notice of all the talk but it was still good to hear it from him.”

Asked what Barrett’s message to the players was, Koroisau revealed: “It was mostly about sticking together.

“We’ve had a rough month and the only people who are going to get us out of it are ourselves.

“He is making sure our focus is sticking together as a team and getting that win.”

It’s been a tumultuous month for Manly, a four-game losing streak couple with myriad off-field dramas plunging the club into wooden spoon territory.

11 pages of absolute spleen ridden bilge crap written over nothing ,, again.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Wow... the continual assault on our club is just relentless. I wonder what the tough speaking, pretender Hooper will dribble about tonight. What has become abundantly clear, is that the media and the people who are being paid to run the game, are determined to see our club dissolve. Running us into the ground on a daily basis by reporting everything and anything. I imagine a lot of it has to do with Penn readying himself for a court battle. Boy, I hope his legal advisers are right and we end up flipping the script on these pr1cks.

Turbo4Life

Reserve Grader
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/03/manly-players-assured-trent-barrett-not-going-anywhere/
Manly players assured Barrett not going anywhere

Manly players have rejected claims Trent Barrett is weighing up his future with the Sea Eagles coach holding a meeting with the squad on Thursday morning. Channel Nine reported on Wednesday night Barrett had met with his manager Wayne Beavis to discuss his options after a turmoil period at the club. The Sea Eagles are languishing in 13th position on the Telstra Premiership but it is off-field drama that has been taking its toll with minimal relief in sight on the Northern Beaches.

News of Barrett's potential exit came as a surprise to Manly hooker Api Koroisau on Thursday. "I didn't find out anything until they pulled me into the briefing," Koroisau said. "I didn't hear anything about him leaving so it was surprising. He's been himself and I'm full of confidence he's not going anywhere. He said he's not going anywhere and it's not like Baz to run away. "It's huge, to know he has our backs and is staying is big for us.

"[The briefing] was mostly about sticking together, we've had a rough month. The only people that are going to get us out are ourselves.

"We've got to make sure our focus is being a team and sticking together. If it doesn't bring you closer it will tear you apart."

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles received a boost in time for Sunday's clash against the Roosters with Moses Suli promoted to the top 30 squad and cleared of a return by the NRL.

Jackson Hastings was named on Tuesday in the 21-man squad but has not trained with the side all week with the Sea Eagles set to stick with Dylan Walker at five-eighth to cover the loss of Lachlan Croker.

It's not the first time Walker has played in the six jersey with the former Rabbitohs centre experimenting in the role in 2016.

"There's nothing he can't do, he's looking sharp there," Koroisau said of Walker.

"It has a lot to do with the individual themselves and the mindset and Dylan is more than capable of the role. Our structures are a lot different [to 2016], as long as he just runs that's all we need."

Sea Eagles back-rower Frank Winterstein said Suli was ready for a return.

Winterstein has watched Suli's comeback first hand through feeder team the Blacktown Sea Eagles since the centre joined Manly in March.

"He's worked hard and put in the work," Winterstein said.

"They've had him doing extra training and he's put in great performances for the ISP team. He was a big boy and lost some kilograms.

"He's a young kid so full of confidence. Since he's been here I haven't seen any attitude problems with Moses. He's enjoying his time here and we're going to see the best of him this year."

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Wow... the continual assault on our club is just relentless. I wonder what the tough speaking, pretender Hooper will dribble about tonight. What has become abundantly clear, is that the media and the people who are being paid to run the game, are determined to see our club dissolve. Running us into the ground on a daily basis by reporting everything and anything. I imagine a lot of it has to do with Penn readying himself for a court battle. Boy, I hope his legal advisers are right and we end up flipping the script on these pr1cks.
Well if they weren't trying to beat us into oblivion, they'd have to report on things like Cronk is washed up and JT and the Cows are rubbish after we picked them to win and we all saw how that went with Bulldog Ritchie's limp attempt...

midsteyne

loyal forever
Well if they weren't trying to beat us into oblivion, they'd have to report on things like Cronk is washed up and JT and the Cows are rubbish after we picked them to win and we all saw how that went with Bulldog Ritchie's limp attempt...
download.jpeg
Greenturd and his bumboy blooper.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
So apparently Trent is unhappy that he had to front up to the media over **** that the front office should be doing.

Now he's letting the players front up to the media over his own speculation.

I'm just about ready to cut off one of my balls and mail it to the club so they can work up the courage to stand in front of a mic and answer the ****ing questions themselves.

What a bunch of soap opera **** this is.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I don’t click, I don’t subscribe. I get it as real news direct from Silvertails.
Where else would I learn what’s right from wrong. I can think of no better panel of experts than Fluffy, The MULE, GlobalEagle, BOZO, Mark, Niccipops, Woodsie, Ryan, Dapper Dan, Ralphie, Terry Randall, HappilyManly, Budgewoi Eagle etc. to package the information out there into a palatable form that I want to understand.
NYEagle
God bless you feathered friend :D

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Gould is a mentor to Baz and let’s face it, many of us would have strong relationships with our former bosses, even if our former boss works for a competitor of our current employer.

It seems to me that Gould is not so much trying to lay the boot into manly but more likely trying to achieve a result for his mentee (whether Baz is happy with Gould commenting on this only he would know).

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Manly Turmoil is a Blessing for Trent Barrett's coaching career.
What better opportunity for Trent to prove just how resilient he is under pressure and can handle adversity in the NRL pressure cooker comp
The captain of the ship only shows his true worth over troubled waters and the Northern Peninsular is flooded at the moment.
If Trent sticks around he will prove that he has great character and Just how resilient he is under pressure
If he keeps the team together and performing up to reasonable expectations he will prove that he is the real deal .
If Trent makes it at Manly he will prove that he can maker it any where
If Trent walks what will he prove ? He will prove that who ever wants a resilient coach to weather the NRL tough times
Trent is not the coach to trust to stick around
Tough times are also a blessing in disguise for our club
It always reveals the true character of the people around us
065646d7b44349b38212f0b0cab10606-e1495433002118.jpg

Last edited:

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
So apparently Trent is unhappy that he had to front up to the media over **** that the front office should be doing.

Now he's letting the players front up to the media over his own speculation.

I'm just about ready to cut off one of my balls and mail it to the club so they can work up the courage to stand in front of a mic and answer the ****ing questions themselves.

What a bunch of soap opera **** this is.
He’s a spineless
Piece of **** who needs to
Take some accountability for the poor results.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
TB has shown a true lack of professionalism and fortitude if in fact it is true he has spoken to Gould about Manly.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
This support dribble from the players is pretty common when the dressing room has been lost. I haven’t heard anybody get emotionally angry yet. Their real attitude is displayed on the field.
Fancy Gus breaking confidence telling the world that Tbaz called him with a sob story.
This soap opera is getting too silly for words.

Fancy believing Gould or any other flog media hack

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Again treating me like a child which I'm over, and there will be some smart ass follow up comment saying stop acting like one! Sorry I forgot individualised opinions are not welcome on this site. And you are picking on me mate, its pretty frequent not a fan of my views on the game dont have a go at me.
OK maybe you're right. Although I don't mean to patronise you for your youth, if anything I probably have unrealistic expectations on the new generations coming through to be better, smarter, just better than your predecessors. Which you possibly already are (though not perfect!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16