Big news to break at Manly - Gus Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Manly Turmoil is a Blessing for Trent Barrett's coaching career.
What better opportunity for Trent to prove just how resilient he is under pressure and can handle adversity in the NRL pressure cooker com
The captain of the ship only shows his true worth over troubled waters and the Northern Peninsular is flooded at the moment.
If Trent sticks around he will prove that he has great character and Just how resilient he is under pressure
If he keeps the team together and performing up to reasonable expectations he will prove that he is the real deal .
If Trent makes it at Manly he will prove that he can maker it any where
If Trent walks what will he prove ? He will prove that who ever wants a resilient coach to weather the NRL tough times
Trent is not the coach to trust to stick around
Tough times are also a blessing in disguise for our club
It always reveals the true character of the people around us
View attachment 8242
Circumstances don’t make the man, they merely reveal him to himself and others
Go forth Trent asses adapt and conquer
Go Manly

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
It's not so much being a competitor... It's the fact that Baz (intentionally or not) has spoken about internal Manly issues with someone who has access to multiple media platforms.... wtf did he think would happen?...

It's like you going to your old boss about personal issues at your workplace - but your old boss is the town gossip and you know anything you say will end up out for all to see. Would you really go to the town gossip emotionally about personal stuff?...

Baz is either a bad judge of character and Gus has broken his trust... Or he's intentionally said those things knowing that Gus would help him out by fighting in his corner.

Either way it's a bad look for the Eagles and smells of unprofessionalism...

Have I missed where Trent came out and said he spoke to Gould...?????

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Gus mentioned Baz called him twice on the footy show and then I believe he spoke about the calls again on his podcast...

So Gus tells the truth, Like every other media F#ck over the last 3 weeks.
This has been the most pointed ambush of a club ever and Manly supporters keep lining up to believe Ritchie, Slothfield, Kent, Hooper and now Gould. **** me you are kidding.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Either way it's a bad look for the Eagles and smells of unprofessionalism...
I agree totally it is a bad look for Manly and I take your other points re speaking to someone with access to multiple media platforms. But from the outside looking in, and put to one side whether you want him sacked or not, I can’t blame him if he was looking outside of the Manly club for some friendly support given the apparent lack of leadership and support at our club.
So I am prepared to cut him some slack in this instance but if it happens again and it makes its way into the media through Gus I won’t be so forgiving.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Yeah ok.... Gus made up that he had 2 phone calls from Baz on live tv...
Hooper, Slothfield and Kent have told sh1t for the last week or 2. Gould may have spoken to Trent, but did Trent talk out of school????.... believe the media if you want to. We are under siege, dont believe the f#ckers, they are the enemy and more so than any other time in this clubs history.
I hate Greenturd, but just maybe his hashtag has some validity.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
It's another massive media beat up. They won't let a day go past without brewing up some sh&t storm. On NRL tonight they showed Api's interview stating he said he felt good knowing Baz told them he was staying, then yovonne said can we really believe him, have to read between the lines. Can't blame him if he wants to leave considering just how bad the club has treated he. Still plenty more drama coming out of Brookvale in the coming weeks. Oh fu$k off

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It's another massive media beat up. They won't let a day go past without brewing up some sh&t storm. On NRL tonight they showed Api's interview stating he said he felt good knowing Baz told them he was staying, then yovonne said can we really believe him, have to read between the lines. Can't blame him if he wants to leave considering just how bad the club has treated he. Still plenty more drama coming out of Brookvale in the coming weeks. Oh fu$k off
How bad has the club treated Trent ? What do you know ?

Oracle

Eagles win 2019 GF
This weeks game could determine Barrett's coaching future

If we are smashed then I think that he will step down as coach and most likely not ask for a payout of his remaining contact
allowing us to appoint a new coach
Cut his nose off to spite his face ?
I don't think he's that dumb

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

Was just watching that before, and I don't know why I bother watching all these shows tbh. That Barrett even has to address the players because some gibberers keep going on and on is a joke.

This whole debacle is another example of why my apathy with Rugby League grows by the week

Simonmyers11

First Grader
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...s/news-story/dfe75cf05128f68d962613576e4b0b48

Is Hooper the biggest wan#ker going around.

As if a head NRL coach would just walk away? And saying we cannot compete with the best sides working out of demountables and current resources? Please. The salary cap is not even final, yet saying because we have DCE, Marty, Walker, Tom and Jake taking up the majority of the salary our roster is stuffed and cannot recruit? Your kidding, most teams have their 6 best players taking up most of the salary cap. Said only way to improve salary cap would be to let go a handful of those players go, and what, sign similar top their players on the same coin? Idiot.

We are short a good prop and 5/8. That's it with plenty of good juniors and a young talented side.

This is crazy, no talk of green under pressure at cowboys with his star studded full strength side

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Was just watching that before, and I don't know why I bother watching all these shows tbh. That Barrett even has to address the players because some gibberers keep going on and on is a joke.

This whole debacle is another example of why my apathy with Rugby League grows by the week
But it's just an agenda against Manly, would not happen if it was Broncos or storm. Sick to death of it.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I don't believe the media mate. At least I don't believe 99% of it anyway.
Those Muppets you mention above have openly said they basically use live feed to their websites/social media about who's clicking on what stories. If it's drama at Manly... They just keep it coming cause its what people want

I've said before, the only way out of this is to win games. It'll make it all go away. But in our current situation, it's not going to be easy to do.

All that said, I do believe Baz phoned Gould and he said things that (in my opinion), didn't need to be shared with a media personality.
Agree. Just need to win and they will have nothing negative to say. Won't be a good story on us mind you like they have been with Parra lately. All wan#kers

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
The media certainly can beat up rumours they get hold of from sources they trust, but where there is smoke there is fire. The ones in denial can live in hope I guess, but unless Barrett can break clear of this mess and get some wins on the board in the next few weeks, he is a dead man walking. Position untenable, choked to death by constant scrutiny and adverse press. Unless the players stand up and be counted, Barrett will cave in and beg to be sacked. The ones posting their disdain of the media, and claiming fake news could well be correct, but being right will not be enough to save this poor guy. He is listing badly, and the line in the sand he drew with Hastings will more than likely become the catalyst for his demise as a top level coach. Trent is an assistant at this stage. He is nowhere near equipped for a head coach role technically nor mentally.
You know on top of everything the media are saying, our cap pressure and the injury toll, maybe bottom 4 is where this team sits. Someone has to be there. That may be it guys...yibbada yibbada thats all folks.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The moral of the immoral media stories :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Over to you Winston .....
untitled.png

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Agree. Just need to win and they will have nothing negative to say. Won't be a good story on us mind you like they have been with Parra lately. All wan#kers
Still have demountables to whinge about.

What we need is a big story to break with another club that is undeniably true and a bad look for the game. Usually happens with the byes when players have some free time...

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I just commented on it before mate but Kent on Triple M a few Sundays ago basically said that Fox reporters and i assume all others use real time feedback about who is clicking (reading) articles on what topics.

The only way to stop the crap is to stop reading the crap.

It's all just different words on the same topics just to keep people clicking away... It's probably tied into KPIs for their contracts etc...
And guess which group of fans make up a large number of the clickers, reading the tripe. Agree 100%... stop reading and talking about the garbage.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You know on top of everything the media are saying, our cap pressure and the injury toll, maybe bottom 4 is where this team sits. Someone has to be there. That may be it guys...yibbada yibbada thats all folks.
You know feathered friend .
I am actually finding all these media stories a comical relief .
and they just keep getting funnier .

images9FIJF9SJ.jpg

JenEagle

Bencher
You know feathered friend .
I am actually finding all these media stories a comical relief .
and they just keep getting funnier .

View attachment 8245
Trent Barrett is a great bloke and is prob going to make a decent coach but this is all a bit silly. No one wants him to walk but It's not as if he is Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennet or Des Hasler.

His first year was awful and we were bottom 4. Last year was good and this year we look like getting the spoon. Hardly a great record so far.

There are premiership winning coaches unemployed just waiting for an opportunity. Again in saying that he's a good bloke and I don't want him to go but if he is threatening to leave then let him walk.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15