Big story about to break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Talkin sh*t today had Hughes pretty confident foran would sign with dogs.
He said they were putting a deal to him and he sounded like it was a good thing.
Doubt foreskin would sign without Des but it's rugby league.....
We'll see.

Reading the Play said on Twitter that there were two very big and ugly stories doing the rounds at the moment, one was alluded to by Andrew Webster yesterday and the other:
"Another massive story brewing in #NRL. Can't say anything more for now, disgraceful, horrific, massive. I hope it breaks wide open.
Story alluded to likely police enquiry into suspicious betting & result on major game this yr, with ugly twists."

NRL FOX

DOGS STAFF TO BE SHAKEN UP

Canterbury is set to shake-up its coaching staff, according to Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter James Hooper.

Hooper told NRL Tonight Canterburty coach Des Hasler is safe in his role at Belmore, but some people around him might not be.

“Des is safe ... there’s been all sort of talk over the last 48 hours that Ivan Cleary is coming in and Des is going to be torpedoed, (but) don’t believe a word of it,” Hooper said.

“Des, provided he wants to be at Canterbury will be the head coach there next season.

“But in terms of the contract extension we’ve heard Ralene Castle talking about since May, I think that’s still very much on hold for now.

“There was a board meeting held last week ... there’s another due next week, that’s a leagues club board meeting.

“I think we’re going to see a significant shake-up in terms of off-field staff, and the people around Des for 2017.”

Baseless rumours peddled by "journalists" who suffer little or no consequences if they are proven wrong...all the while potentially innocent people get slandered

Journo's are complete arseholes, they only have to use " alleged " in the report to protect themselves , or in the case of sports reporting " it rumoured that ........".

When I lived in Moree I was the local Chamber of Commerce President and we were trying to get a bypass for the town.

A radical editor arrived in town, took a dislike to the project as it involved clearing some bush land and started a campaign against the proposal.

I was target number 1, and he wrote a story that " alleged " I was on the take from rich business people whose land had to be reclaimed and was going to profit big time from the proposal.

All total crap of course, I threatened legal action, went to a law firm and was told because it was only " alleged " that I could do nothing.

So I got the Chamber members together and we pulled all the advertising from the local paper, which went for 3 weeks and then the owners called a meeting.

We said, sack the editor and do a full front page apology and retraction ( which they did ), the trouble is the story haunted me for years afterwards.

So yes ZERO respect for journo's, especially the paper / social media ones.

Journo's are complete arseholes, they only have to use " alleged " in the report to protect themselves , or in the case of sports reporting " it rumoured that ........".

When I lived in Moree I was the local Chamber of Commerce President and we were trying to get a bypass for the town.

A radical editor arrived in town, took a dislike to the project as it involved clearing some bush land and started a campaign against the proposal.

I was target number 1, and he wrote a story that " alleged " I was on the take from rich business people whose land had to be reclaimed and was going to profit big time from the proposal.

All total crap of course, I threatened legal action, went to a law firm and was told because it was only " alleged " that I could do nothing.

So I got the Chamber members together and we pulled all the advertising from the local paper, which went for 3 weeks and then the owners called a meeting.

We said, sack the editor and do a full front page apology and retraction ( which they did ), the trouble is the story haunted me for years afterwards.

I think the problem was Mark, that as president you're supposed to get business to the town....not bypass it!!!!

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

See what I did there?!?!?!?!?!!!!

*cough* Just to shock you, I was c.of.c pres in my town as well once.

So...what did you do with all the money? Move to brissie and start a business? Retire? lol kidding.

But yeah....remember when journos worked hard and printed facts and not continuously posted about 'big news' about to break for click bait purposes?

Yeah...me neither....guess you have to be 150 years old or something.

I know Dan was going to do a list of b/s from Journo's but it would've taken far too much time.

Remember a few months ago about some other club about to be salary cap busted???? And not parra, where'd that go?

And today we have this stuff, plus Andrew Webster prattling on about something terrible about to go down.

They could do some reporting about factual positive news instead of 'alleged and about to break bad news.'

Reporting 'over here' leaves the d-bags over there for dead.

Last edited:

It is a shame as there are some good ones but the awful ones seem to be getting more dominant

after last night wayne will never speak to darius again:eek:best dropped ball since last year,broncos fans got nothing around Noosa this morning,not a jersey to be seen

What a glorious relief it is!!

The people down south just cannot understand what a total blanket coverage this club gets up here.

Im going to Dan Murphy's shortly, will proudly wear my Manly polo shirt, I'm not a fair weather fan like most of them are!!

Lose and they go into hibernation.

I think the problem was Mark, that as president you're supposed to get business to the town....not bypass it!!!!

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

See what I did there?!?!?!?!?!!!!

*cough* Just to shock you, I was c.of.c pres in my town as well once.

So...what did you do with all the money? Move to brissie and start a business? Retire? lol kidding.

But yeah....remember when journos worked hard and printed facts and not continuously posted about 'big news' about to break for click bait purposes?

Yeah...me neither....guess you have to be 150 years old or something.

I know Dan was going to do a list of b/s from Journo's but it would've taken far too much time.

Remember a few months ago about some other club about to be salary cap busted???? And not parra, where'd that go?

And today we have this stuff, plus Andrew Webster prattling on about something terrible about to go down.

They could do some reporting about factual positive news instead of 'alleged and about to break bad news.'

Reporting 'over here' leaves the d-bags over there for dead.

No the bypass was really needed , there's 2500 semi trailers a day on the Newell Highway, and until last year ( it took 25 years for it to be built ) all of those went down the Main Street.

The towns a much better place to do business in now, new cafe's, street dining and no noisy / smelly trucks.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7