Big story about to break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No the bypass was really needed , there's 2500 semi trailers a day on the Newell Highway, and until last year ( it took 25 years for it to be built ) all of those went down the Main Street.

The towns a much better place to do business in now, new cafe's, street dining and no noisy / smelly trucks.

I know...but that didn't fit in with the joke!

OBVIOUSLY!

:angel::giggle:

I know...but that didn't fit in with the joke!

OBVIOUSLY!

:angel::giggle:

Of course , I got that but thought I should answer anyway ( I spent about 20 years of community service in the project so it's still important even though I haven't lived there for 15 years).

Journo's are complete arseholes, they only have to use " alleged " in the report to protect themselves , or in the case of sports reporting " it rumoured that ........".

When I lived in Moree I was the local Chamber of Commerce President and we were trying to get a bypass for the town.

A radical editor arrived in town, took a dislike to the project as it involved clearing some bush land and started a campaign against the proposal.

I was target number 1, and he wrote a story that " alleged " I was on the take from rich business people whose land had to be reclaimed and was going to profit big time from the proposal.

All total crap of course, I threatened legal action, went to a law firm and was told because it was only " alleged " that I could do nothing.

So I got the Chamber members together and we pulled all the advertising from the local paper, which went for 3 weeks and then the owners called a meeting.

We said, sack the editor and do a full front page apology and retraction ( which they did ), the trouble is the story haunted me for years afterwards.

So yes ZERO respect for journo's, especially the paper / social media ones.
Nice comeback though... Respect!

Sorry to hear it, hope both sides are good, but why would that be a big story to anyone other than their immediate families?

Cannot stand the bloke from a coaching amd personality perspective, but you are spot on.

This is nobodies business except those involved, and that certainlt does not include parasitic "journalists" or the goules who enjoy reading stuff like this.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4